Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 20, 18, 9:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.


A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)


To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949


Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)


Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 8, 15, 1:51 pm
  #1276  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
The main point of doing 3BM (as opposed to doing 3 applications spread out over time a bit) is end up with a single pull. So how many pulls (at a given credit bureau) did you end up with on this 3BM?
Originally Posted by Nevafazeme View Post
Yes, I am curious about this as well. It is great and all that you were able to obtain 3 cards, but how many hard pulls did you use as a result??
Only 1 hard pull and it was through Experian.
joey78 is offline  
Old Feb 8, 15, 2:49 pm
  #1277  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 562
Have 3 cards (2 personal, 1 business) from last year. Just applied for a personal (instantly approved) and business (review).
ekartash is offline  
Old Feb 8, 15, 6:36 pm
  #1278  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,940
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Well, I can't call next morning (Sunday), because it turns out that BofA recon is closed all weekend! (That's on the English line; I presume the Spanish line has similar hours, but I don't know if they have exactly the same hours.) Why no figured this out and added it to the Wiki before (I just did), I don't know. You're offering advice which is impossible because you are assume they're open on weekends when they in fact aren't.

So calling Monday morning after a Friday evening application is calling in the "next few hours", isn't it?
How would I know BofA Recon closed all weekend? You dont expect others to figure out the operation hours for you, do you?

I already said, WHY would you apply a card on a Friday evening? implying that there might not be recon for the weekend.

I am offering you an advice based on the possibility if the card is being approved a few hours later with a Platinum card (happened to someone in the upthread pages ago) then you are setting yourself up for a lot of trouble to get it changed to Signature.

It is up to you to figure that out what means "a few hours" and why people suggest to call when it is pending. Unless of course if you are very confident that you would get a Signature card, then you dont even need to call, just wait it out and hope you would not be approved with a Plat card with a high CL but still a Plat card therefore DISQUALIFY you for the 25K bonus. Your choice.
Happy is offline  
Old Feb 8, 15, 6:48 pm
  #1279  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,940
Originally Posted by joey78 View Post
I wasn't able to find any data about anyone trying a 3bm for this card so I thought i'd be a guinea pig. I applied for 3 cards a little over 2 weeks ago. All 3 apps went under review. After 1 week, the first app was approved. I received mail a few days later asking if the remaining apps were duplicates. I called the bilingual recon line and was approved for the remaining cards. They had to move credit from the 1st card, and I ended up with 3 Alaska cards with a $5000 limit on each. Still waiting for the physical cards in the mail and the miles to post though.
Originally Posted by joey78 View Post
Only 1 hard pull and it was through Experian.
There were at least one, if not two, 3bm upthread, though they were 2 personal 1 business. Yours are 3 personals, correct?

The credit inquiry information is interesting - because there does not seem to have second pull on the recon and there is reallocation done. Also the mail "asking" if other apps are duplicates or not.

In the 2BM I did on husband's account back in Dec, the first app was approved a few hours after application (status changed) but the second app was pending. Then a letter arrived 7 days later, DECLINED the second app as duplicate, it did NOT ask whether it was duplicate, but simply declined it due to duplication. Called and the rep said there would not be a second pull as the pull was already done at time of application. Yet, the reallocation of CL of the first app to the second app, generated a second pull, from TU.

Upthread I have mentioned about this, and someone also said his experiences have been, BofA new applications pull from Experian. Reallocations of CL pull from TU. Hence I feel calling shortly after app in pending status, would have prevent a second pull on CL reallocation. Yet, your experience is not the same as previous posters (including my husband's apps).

Did you receive the paperwork from BofA on the 2 cards that were approved thru recon yet? Where the FICO came from if you have the paperwork?

We found out the TU pull from that doc because it listed a TU FICO on the 2nd card's paperwork while an EX FICO on the 1st card's paperwork.
Happy is offline  
Old Feb 8, 15, 8:22 pm
  #1280  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
There were at least one, if not two, 3bm upthread, though they were 2 personal 1 business. Yours are 3 personals, correct?

The credit inquiry information is interesting - because there does not seem to have second pull on the recon and there is reallocation done. Also the mail "asking" if other apps are duplicates or not.

In the 2BM I did on husband's account back in Dec, the first app was approved a few hours after application (status changed) but the second app was pending. Then a letter arrived 7 days later, DECLINED the second app as duplicate, it did NOT ask whether it was duplicate, but simply declined it due to duplication. Called and the rep said there would not be a second pull as the pull was already done at time of application. Yet, the reallocation of CL of the first app to the second app, generated a second pull, from TU.

Upthread I have mentioned about this, and someone also said his experiences have been, BofA new applications pull from Experian. Reallocations of CL pull from TU. Hence I feel calling shortly after app in pending status, would have prevent a second pull on CL reallocation. Yet, your experience is not the same as previous posters (including my husband's apps).

Did you receive the paperwork from BofA on the 2 cards that were approved thru recon yet? Where the FICO came from if you have the paperwork?

We found out the TU pull from that doc because it listed a TU FICO on the 2nd card's paperwork while an EX FICO on the 1st card's paperwork.
That's right. This was 3 personal apps.

The letters I received said that the apps were duplicate requests, so they would not be processed. Then they asked to write in if it was my intent to submit multiple apps.

I have not received any paperwork from the cards that were approved thru recon yet.

75,000 miles and 3 companion certs posted to the account today!
joey78 is offline  
Old Feb 9, 15, 8:49 am
  #1281  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Programs: Free agent
Posts: 1,137
As a data point of bonuses, I applied on January 27th and had to call back on the 29th to answer some questions (fraud protection I put on credit bureaus) I was immediately approved. The 29th is a Thursday. They run batches on Saturdays, so I should have been picked up for bonus on Saturday the 30th, instead I was picked up on Saturday Feb 7th and the miles were in my account on the 8th.
jmail1 is offline  
Old Feb 9, 15, 9:42 am
  #1282  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 25,564
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
I already said, WHY would you apply a card on a Friday evening? implying that there might not be recon for the weekend.
Because that's when I had time! Some people have busy lives, you know???

You spend so much time posting here, yet if this such an important issue, you couldn't spend 5 minutes editing the Wiki to say something like "never apply when you can't call recon right away"? The Citi AA thread wiki has lots of great information about how to apply, by contrast the Wiki in this thread is bereft of all this information you keep saying is so important. Not everyone has time to read every post in a thread.

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Unless of course if you are very confident that you would get a Signature card, then you dont even need to call, just wait it out and hope you would not be approved with a Plat card with a high CL but still a Plat card therefore DISQUALIFY you for the 25K bonus. Your choice.
Say what??? I've never heard of that before. The landing page says:
if your application is approved with a credit line that is greater or equal to $5,000, you will receive a Visa Signature account; if your credit line is less than $5,000, but greater or equal to $2,000, you will receive a Platinum Plus account; if your credit line is less than $2,000, you will receive a Preferred account
(My bolding.)

What do you mean by "a high CL" that still gets a Plat card??? (I don't think of "$4.5k as "a high CL".)
sdsearch is offline  
Old Feb 9, 15, 2:23 pm
  #1283  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 62
I applied 2BM Personal on Saturday night and got pending for both. As of Sunday night, there were no results in BofA application status online. I called bi-lingual recon this morning (6am Pacific Monday, they were closed Sunday). I was informed that I was approved for the card ($15k+ CL). I informed them that I submitted another application "around" the same time. They had no record of any other application. I had them lower my CL to $10k so I have room to work with on the 2nd application.

I went online later on BofA app status and had one approved and one pending. I guess I could call back and reference the application ID for the pending since I have that now. Or maybe they're likely to approve the 2nd one since I lowered my CL so I should just wait? I just don't want them to scrap my 2nd application as a duplicate.

Any suggestions/insight? If not, then this is just a data point that I'll update when I resolve it. I should probably just call...

update: I called the recon line again later that day regarding the second card and they approved it, no problem. He said he wanted to see if they could move money from my other card, but I informed him I already lowered that line. He checked and I got my 2nd Signature card. There was just one pull from Experian

Last edited by MrDioji; Feb 25, 15 at 1:54 pm Reason: updated
MrDioji is offline  
Old Feb 9, 15, 2:34 pm
  #1284  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 450
Originally Posted by MrDioji View Post
I applied 2BM Personal on Saturday night and got pending for both. As of Sunday night, there were no results in BofA application status online. I called bi-lingual recon this morning (6am Pacific Monday, they were closed Sunday). I was informed that I was approved for the card ($15k+ CL). I informed them that I submitted another application "around" the same time. They had no record of any other application. I had them lower my CL to $10k so I have room to work with on the 2nd application.

I went online later on BofA app status and had one approved and one pending. I guess I could call back and reference the application ID for the pending since I have that now. Or maybe they're likely to approve the 2nd one since I lowered my CL so I should just wait? I just don't want them to scrap my 2nd application as a duplicate.

Any suggestions/insight? If not, then this is just a data point that I'll update when I resolve it. I should probably just call...
Call. Don't leave it to chance!
newbynewbynew is offline  
Old Feb 9, 15, 3:01 pm
  #1285  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 62
Originally Posted by newbynewbynew View Post
Call. Don't leave it to chance!
That's what I was thinking, but it seems akward to call and say "I know I was approved for that one, but what about this one..?", but I guess that's what I signed up for (quite literally).
MrDioji is offline  
Old Feb 9, 15, 6:23 pm
  #1286  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,940
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Because that's when I had time! Some people have busy lives, you know???

You spend so much time posting here, yet if this such an important issue, you couldn't spend 5 minutes editing the Wiki to say something like "never apply when you can't call recon right away"? The Citi AA thread wiki has lots of great information about how to apply, by contrast the Wiki in this thread is bereft of all this information you keep saying is so important. Not everyone has time to read every post in a thread.
There is no obligation that participants here must update the Wiki.

I keep up with things that are important to ME, by keeping up with the reading, not by nitpicking others posts to the minute details that often became irrelevant babbling as witnessed your exchanges with Brugge on AA threads and with others on other threads.


Personally I only use Wiki as a guide, never only rely the info in Wiki because precisely the Wiki info can be edited by anyone - to me this is making it quite vulnerable to have erroneous info.

If you have so much time on hand to post, you sure can have that time to read and update yourself on pertinent info and NOT faulting others not post in Wiki.

Besides, I believe self-help and I think I have post enough to help many. If that does not suit your needs, you should just skip my posts as they would be irrelevant no matter what.

Not reading posts in a thread because one does not have enough time, then it is the option one takes. Can NOT use that as an excuse to ask others to do the work for you. But of course you may have a different standard.

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Say what??? I've never heard of that before. The landing page says:
if your application is approved with a credit line that is greater or equal to $5,000, you will receive a Visa Signature account; if your credit line is less than $5,000, but greater or equal to $2,000, you will receive a Platinum Plus account; if your credit line is less than $2,000, you will receive a Preferred account
(My bolding.)

What do you mean by "a high CL" that still gets a Plat card??? (I don't think of "$4.5k as "a high CL".)
Go back to read the thread to find someone has cards approved as Plat version yet the CL is way above the minimum 5K.
Go back to read Brugge's experience that he was approved Plat but calls after calls got him a new card with 20K CL.

Oh yeah, those posters who posted their bad experiences do not update the Wiki with their experiences.

Everyone here knows Visa Signature requires 5K min CL, but probably you do not know that a Plat card can have 5K and above CL - it is NOT a criteria to automatically make a $5K and above CL automatically a Signature card. There is a difference which have been documented in this thread but of course you are too busy to read.

The advice, again, is to NOT give a chance that a Plat card might be issued. But if you prefer to go the route of WITHOUT Planning Ahead (because I only had time on a Friday evening), then be my guest and count yourself lucky to not having to get a Plat card should you wait it out and still get a Signature card.

Seriously, for the time you spent in posting, you could not find a 5 minutes time during a Weekday to submit your app?

Last edited by Happy; Feb 9, 15 at 6:33 pm
Happy is offline  
Old Feb 9, 15, 6:34 pm
  #1287  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 140
Smile

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
As Brugge said, CALL Right Away to avoid issues. The Spanish line agents usually are more accommodating on the 2BM apps.
Thanks for the reply guys. I called and confirmed I was approved for both for 20k CL each. I'm assuming that means it's a visa signature, and therefore 25k signup bonus miles.
BillyFlyer is offline  
Old Feb 9, 15, 6:36 pm
  #1288  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,940
Originally Posted by joey78 View Post
That's right. This was 3 personal apps.

The letters I received said that the apps were duplicate requests, so they would not be processed. Then they asked to write in if it was my intent to submit multiple apps.

I have not received any paperwork from the cards that were approved thru recon yet.

75,000 miles and 3 companion certs posted to the account today!
Again, congrats on the successful 3BM.

Please do post back on the FICO source shown on the paperwork that should arrive eventually. This way we have more data point to know if a second pull to TU is again generated like in the past or there is none.

TIA.
Happy is offline  
Old Feb 9, 15, 6:39 pm
  #1289  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,940
Originally Posted by BillyFlyer View Post
Thanks for the reply guys. I called and confirmed I was approved for both for 20k CL each. I'm assuming that means it's a visa signature, and therefore 25k signup bonus miles.
Check your app status online. I dont remember if the card type would show up there. It would show up in your BofA online a day or 2 after approval and you definitely will see card type there. I assume you do not have other BofA cards, correct, as approved for 20K on BOTH cards without having to reallocate line is rare.
Happy is offline  
Old Feb 9, 15, 8:21 pm
  #1290  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 25,564
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Go back to read the thread to find someone has cards approved as Plat version yet the CL is way above the minimum 5K.
Go back to read Brugge's experience that he was approved Plat but calls after calls got him a new card with 20K CL.
And I find these posts (in a thread of 1290 posts) how??

Originally Posted by Happy View Post
The advice, again, is to NOT give a chance that a Plat card might be issued. But if you prefer to go the route of WITHOUT Planning Ahead (because I only had time on a Friday evening), then be my guest and count yourself lucky to not having to get a Plat card should you wait it out and still get a Signature card.
I knew nothing about any of this before I applied. I furthermore knew nothing about this last point before I called.

You're giving me great advice, but each time too late.

Meanwhile, you think that everyone who reads any of a thread has time to all of the thread. No, I applied for this card last in March 2014, and I've only read it sporadically (a few dozen posts at a time) since.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who's not reading every single post in this thread.

Which is why I don't understand why you think (with none of this being discussed a year ago, and with none of this in the Wiki) that everyone (including me) should already know this. You think just you've read something somewhere in a 1290-post thread, that everyone must have read the same thing???

Or, you think everyone can think to ask the question "should i believe the landing page about $5k means Signature"? I believed it not just because it was in the landing page, but also because that was the only thing being discussed about CLs when I previously applied about a year ago. How was I supposed to know that the link between CLs and Signature had changed in the year since, without reading every single post of this thread over the past year?

I only read about "call right away" after I'd submitted my application. (That's the problem with providing warnings only in occaisonal posts, rather than in the wiki; someone who reads the latest posts but only at "the wrong time" will not see such warnings.)

I applied Friday night, then went onto FlyerTalk, and saw the discussion about "call right away". Then I called Monday, got $17.5k CL but didn't think to ask whether that meant Signature (since I'd never heard of it not meaning Signature in the parts of this thread that I'd read). Then after I got off the call, I got on FlyerTalk again and now you tell me you can have high CL but not get Signature?

QUOTE=Happy;24321376]Seriously, for the time you spent in posting, you could not find a 5 minutes time during a Weekday to submit your app? [/QUOTE]
I spent the time in posting after about 7 pm (PT), just after applying! I did not visit FlyerTalk Friday earlier in the day!

Just because I find time to post one day does not mean I have time at that same time of another day!

Also, sometimes we on the west coast don't realize how late it is (for companies who set their schedule based on the east coast). 7 pm wouldn't have been late had I been on the east coast, but it beign 10 pm ET was of course late relative to being able to call BofA recon.

And it took much more than 5 minutes. In fact, it failed the first time I did it (before submit, the "review submission" page failed to come up) in Firefox, so I tried it again in IE (dunno if that was the difference or not) and then it worked.
sdsearch is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread