Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fletchbo
Then, I applied for the 75K Virgin Atlantic targeted offer and got approved for 9 K credit line!
Is this the same Virgin link you used: https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa..._-90k%201214#b

20k after activation, 50k after 10k spend, 5k for 2 authorized users, and 15k upon anniversary.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aceofcards
Wouldn't it be better to just do the 25,000 offer with the $100 statement credit?
If you don't mind doing the spend for the $100 credit, yes. But the 5k instead of the $100 credit requires no minimum spend, so for some who are applying for lots of cards at the same time and not into MSing (perhaps not close to a Wal-Mart, for example), the 5k instead of $100 might be better because of the lack of minimum spend requirement.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:44 pm

Does the 25k miles from the current offer (25k + $100 credit) post right after first closing date if I hit min spend by then?

I'm actually trying to get 32.5k miles right after first statement (25k + 1k min spend + 6.5k additional MS). This should help me to book a one way first class, I think. My closing date is in a couple weeks, so I want to make sure.

If they don't post then, no point in me probably trying to MS, since by February close there wont be any more reward flights for July to AK, I assume.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by doldrim
Does the 25k miles from the current offer (25k + $100 credit) post right after first closing date if I hit min spend by then?
AS miles post quickly. Sometimes before people even receive the card (usually the one with no min. spend). See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...s-visa-13.html also.

Last edited by philemer; Jan 7, 2015 at 9:01 pm
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
AS miles post quickly. Sometimes before people even receive the card (usually the one with no min. spend). See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...s-visa-13.html also.
That's great to hear. I guess i'll work to MS the last points for my ticket then. Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by metoo

Applied yesterday, see the 2 accounts on my B of A this morning.
thank you, i see the accounts in my b of a profile now too!!!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by DTS
On the application form you have to check a box whether you're a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident. Any foreigners that are living in the US on a visa with successful card applications?
I have heard from a foreigner (wink) that just ticks the "citizen" box on his CC apps and has picked up cards from all the major banks, including an Alaska card from BoA. They have no way of checking, and they really don't care. If they do care, all they might do is cancel the card (who cares if the miles post immediately).
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:53 pm

$100 Credit on $1000+ spend in 90 days

Just got 2 personal cards with one application via the link in the wiki.

Got a classic and a northern lights. Applied in two different incognito browsers.

Received the cards yesterday and there was nothing about the $100 credit after $1000 in spend and nothing about 25,000 bonus points.

I spoke w/ one rep on the phone for one card and he told me that the 25k point offer was valid because it's a signature card, but the $100 offer was not on my account but that they'd add it to my account after a good deal of time waiting on hold.

I called the next day to speak about my other card, and that card did not qualify for the offer either. They don't seem to have that offer in their system. However there is a targeted offer that the representative slipped on. 25,000 bonus miles after 2k in spend in 90 days. He wouldn't give me that offer but I suppose it wouldn't hurt for you to try and upgrade to that offer w/ a newbie rep.

Let's see if we can't find that new 25k bonus point offer w/ 2k spend ^
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bananastand1984
Just got 2 personal cards with one application via the link in the wiki.

Got a classic and a northern lights. Applied in two different incognito browsers.

Received the cards yesterday and there was nothing about the $100 credit after $1000 in spend and nothing about 25,000 bonus points.

I spoke w/ one rep on the phone for one card and he told me that the 25k point offer was valid because it's a signature card, but the $100 offer was not on my account but that they'd add it to my account after a good deal of time waiting on hold.

I called the next day to speak about my other card, and that card did not qualify for the offer either. They don't seem to have that offer in their system. However there is a targeted offer that the representative slipped on. 25,000 bonus miles after 2k in spend in 90 days. He wouldn't give me that offer but I suppose it wouldn't hurt for you to try and upgrade to that offer w/ a newbie rep.

Let's see if we can't find that new 25k bonus point offer w/ 2k spend ^
It never comes with anything to tell you the bonus or the credit. In fact most credit cards come without anything to tell you about sign up bonus with few exceptions.

You are wasting your time to call as BofA reps in general have no idea about the credit which is hidden very deep in their system because the offer generally is NOT available on BofA website nor AS website - it normally comes when you fly AS the FAs hand out the application but people also find the link and it has been 2 years going. In fact if you google it, it would show up as the first search result. As long as you use the correct link, the $100 statement credit would automatically post between 1 week to 2 weeks after you meet the spend.
There is absolutely NO NEED to call.

Why one wants a 25K for $2K spend when one only needs to spend $1K to get $100 statement credit? Please explain the propelling reason to find that link which is never reported by anyone here. Now if there is a 50K link with $2K spend, then it is worth to find.

AS cards do NOT go by statement date on anything. The sign up bonus is by approval. if you meet your spend early the statement credit often posts then you would get a letter telling you about the feature, long after the fact you already got the credit... Oh, you might get a call from someone on this card, wanted to know what made you to choose the AS card and what did you like, blah blah blah. It always happens to our cards.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:10 am

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business, 25K and up

Just as a data point, had my bf apply for three of these cards three weeks in a row and he was approved each time for a signature card (I'm trying to quickly ramp him up to get in EK F with me!). He did have to call the Spanish recon line for the third. He doesn't do the CC game and was therefore super apprehensive of the idea of applying for the exact same card multiple times hence subjecting himself to three HPs lol

Question - I told him not to put his MP # on apps 2 and 3 to avoid drawing potential extra attention to the multiple applications, but it appears the bonus from the second hit his MP account a few days after applying (he hasn't received the card yet) versus a new MP account being created for him that would then need to be merged or whatnot. Is that typical? Can I therefore expect that card 3's bonus (applied for a few days ago) will hit his account any day now even though the card won't be due for another week or so? Z=1 on my flight so I'm just ITCHING for his miles to post haha.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:44 am

The business card came with a welcome package that stated the 25,000 sign up point bonus, but the personal cards didn't. Just found that odd.

The $100 credit is nice, and basically covers the cost of the annual fee.

I'd certainly toy w/ the idea of taking an additional 25,000 points for $1000 more in spend. All in all you'd get 50,000 points because there's the 25,000 sign up bonus for a visa signature, and then a 25,000 bonus based on $2k in spend.

If Alaska points are worth ~ 2 cents per mile then that would be ~$500 in value, even at 1.5 cents per mile that's $375.

Versus $1000 in spend which provides $100 in value.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
If I already have an AS personal card, when I apply for my next two, should I do one personal and one business, or will that give me the same chance of approval as two personal cards?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bananastand1984
The business card came with a welcome package that stated the 25,000 sign up point bonus, but the personal cards didn't. Just found that odd.

The $100 credit is nice, and basically covers the cost of the annual fee.

I'd certainly toy w/ the idea of taking an additional 25,000 points for $1000 more in spend. All in all you'd get 50,000 points because there's the 25,000 sign up bonus for a visa signature, and then a 25,000 bonus based on $2k in spend.

If Alaska points are worth ~ 2 cents per mile then that would be ~$500 in value, even at 1.5 cents per mile that's $375.

Versus $1000 in spend which provides $100 in value.
Please do yourself a favor to actually READ this thread especially the past few pages so you can LEARN something - MANY of us have gotten 2x 25k bonus $100 statement credit after spending $1K by applying the cards using 2 browsers - need recon call and there is a preferred approach to handle this.

There might be a doz or more reports on people getting 25K x 2 with the same $100 credit offer, and a few posters also got the business AFTER getting 2 $100 credit cards.

Not that hard to read back a few pages to see how others do it.

So why you want to spend another $2K for another 25K without any statement credit, when you can get 2x 25k $100 statement credit, just as easy? Either you have no idea on the double app method because you do not read the thread, or you have some other compelling reason to want to have 2 different cards with the same bonuses but one has no credit to offset the annual fee with double spending?

Enlighten the readers why you prefer to spend $2K without $100 credit?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Please do yourself a favor to actually READ this thread especially the past few pages so you can LEARN something - MANY of us have gotten 2x 25k bonus $100 statement credit after spending $1K by applying the cards using 2 browsers - need recon call and there is a preferred approach to handle this.

There might be a doz or more reports on people getting 25K x 2 with the same $100 credit offer, and a few posters also got the business AFTER getting 2 $100 credit cards.

Not that hard to read back a few pages to see how others do it.

So why you want to spend another $2K for another 25K without any statement credit, when you can get 2x 25k $100 statement credit, just as easy? Either you have no idea on the double app method because you do not read the thread, or you have some other compelling reason to want to have 2 different cards with the same bonuses but one has no credit to offset the annual fee with double spending?

Enlighten the readers why you prefer to spend $2K without $100 credit?
Because the $100 credit requires an additional account -- this is significant, especially for those of us churning every 91 days.

In addition, assuming that we apply for a maximum of two cards at a time, the comparison is really between:

- 50k miles, and an additional 50k miles after 4k spend with $150 AF, and
- 50k miles, and $50 credit after 2k spend

I'd pay $200 for an additional 50k miles every 91 days.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SourShot
Because the $100 credit requires an additional account -- this is significant, especially for those of us churning every 91 days.

In addition, assuming that we apply for a maximum of two cards at a time, the comparison is really between:

- 50k miles, and an additional 50k miles after 4k spend with $150 AF, and
- 50k miles, and $50 credit after 2k spend

I'd pay $200 for an additional 50k miles every 91 days.
How so? What do you mean it reqauires a different account? What makes you think you need a different account?!

You can do the same churn with the $100 credit card every 2 months if you like.

I am surprised by the assumption people made without any bit of real experiences and dont bother to see how others do it.

Go back to read this thread and see how frequent one could get this card if one chooses to do so.

Also please explain why you need a different account to get the $100 statement credit?

This $100 statement credit versus no credit discussion comes up when there was the 50K offer but the 50K offer only showed up ONCE in a very brief period last year and has not ever returned since. While other smarter folks been steadily turning over the statement credit cards 3 to 4 times a year with double app...

At 0.004 per mile, while reasonable, by no means it is a cheap acquisition cost. Of course if your mileage balance is small, this may sound appealing. For those who know how to do it and do it for years, there is no reason to pay such price to pile miles on an account already has hundreds of thousands miles balance when there is not only a no fee, but get back some cash mechanism.

Seems a very basic simple method to me but might be challenging to some, even for basic math.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 10, 2015 at 5:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.