Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:16 pm
vishnu88

Programs: Chase UR, AAdvantage, Dividend Miles, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by SJLandsverk
Went through the same ordeal last year; took 2 billing cycles. The 5000 will post with the first statement and the other 20k will post on the second one.
Thanks for this. I just went through that. Approved on for the Platinum plus, requested a CL limit increase to 5000 and then a "product change request" to Signature. Rep said(and I have her real name) that I would get the bonus miles as well. Good to see someone else go through the same issue.

Have you churned the card since you got it?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
So I did a double apply, got one to go through, but a platinum on the other one, this was around 2 months ago. Low and behold, I log in today it shows my platinum card has a CL of $10,000+.

I'm thinking this is a bug, why on earth would they put me in platinum, unless they want to give a me a lower bonus. Calling now puts me to the Philippines. Any suggestions how to approach it? Just want the 20,000 miles.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by vishnu88
Thanks for this. I just went through that. Approved on for the Platinum plus, requested a CL limit increase to 5000 and then a "product change request" to Signature. Rep said(and I have her real name) that I would get the bonus miles as well. Good to see someone else go through the same issue.

Have you churned the card since you got it?
As a matter of fact, just did it in December (and this time got the signature card vs the Platinum plus).
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
So I did a double apply, got one to go through, but a platinum on the other one, this was around 2 months ago. Low and behold, I log in today it shows my platinum card has a CL of $10,000+.

I'm thinking this is a bug, why on earth would they put me in platinum, unless they want to give a me a lower bonus. Calling now puts me to the Philippines. Any suggestions how to approach it? Just want the 20,000 miles.
There are a bunch of reconsideration numbers floating around; I called one of them and asked for a "product change request" to Signature from Platinum and verified the 25k vs 5k. It took me a couple of billing cycles to get straight, but it worked out fine.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:43 pm
vishnu88

Programs: Chase UR, AAdvantage, Dividend Miles, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by SJLandsverk
As a matter of fact, just did it in December (and this time got the signature card vs the Platinum plus).
Perfect. Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I applied for both. Instantly approved for the personal and pending for the business.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Just make sure you do actually get the Signature card, not just a Platinum card with a 5K limit. When the same happened to me, the Signature card had a different number.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm pretty sure it'll be the signature card, but I'll keep an eye out. I got two notices, one of the credit limit increase, and another about the increase in the annually fee (which will take effect in February), which I think means it is the signature card.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 11:36 pm

just used 2 BM and was supposedly auto approved for both (25K miles + $100 credit) with same credit line as current AS card (>15K). a little worried because i haven't received confirmation emails and the cards don't appear in my b of a profile yet (maybe they'll show up tomorrow?) for those interested applied for both < 5 sec apart using one browser in private mode. thanks for all the data points!!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by brownie20
just used 2 BM and was supposedly auto approved for both (25K miles + $100 credit) with same credit line as current AS card (>15K). a little worried because i haven't received confirmation emails and the cards don't appear in my b of a profile yet (maybe they'll show up tomorrow?) for those interested applied for both < 5 sec apart using one browser in private mode. thanks for all the data points!!

How long to wait for Spanish line CS. Been waiting for 10 minutes. Am i supposed to press a number after calling? Also, private browser with firefox and regular for safari, approved for 18k with firefox, depending review for safari

With Spanish speaker CS. He told me the other one was seen as duplicate and asked if I wanted two cards. I said "yes" . He asked why and I told him because I like to split expenses. He said only one credit check for both cards. I asked if he could split the credit line to 10k and 8k, no problem. Done.

now just waiting for bonus miles and TWO cards.

Also, for those with 2BM success on same day, did you get the 25k bonus on different days or the same time

Thanks Ops

Last edited by metoo; Jan 5, 2015 at 7:04 am
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by metoo

Also, for those with 2BM success on same day, did you get the 25k bonus on different days or the same time

Thanks Ops
Same time
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:16 pm

I never got any confirmation emails but still got the bonuses.

I also got my bonuses on the same day.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:50 pm

How long to wait for Spanish line CS. Been waiting for 10 minutes. Am i supposed to press a number after calling? Also, private browser with firefox and regular for safari, approved for 18k with firefox, depending review for safari

With Spanish speaker CS. He told me the other one was seen as duplicate and asked if I wanted two cards. I said "yes" . He asked why and I told him because I like to split expenses. He said only one credit check for both cards. I asked if he could split the credit line to 10k and 8k, no problem. Done.

now just waiting for bonus miles and TWO cards.

Thanks Ops
congrats, i guess the spanish speaking line is the way to go! still don't see either card on my b of a profile

Originally Posted by iloverice
I never got any confirmation emails but still got the bonuses.

I also got my bonuses on the same day.
i haven't received any bonuses either yet
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:08 pm

i haven't received any bonuses either yet
Give it some time. It takes a few business days.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by iloverice
Give it some time. It takes a few business days.
oh i get it - you received both the bonuses the same day not that the bonuses posted the day you were approved (i thought that was a little quick! ) thank you for the clarification!!
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:11 am

[QUOTE=brownie20;24109058]congrats, i guess the spanish speaking line is the way to go! still don't see either card on my b of a profile

Applied yesterday, see the 2 accounts on my B of A this morning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.