Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
If they still pull 2 agencies, then there is no reason to do 2BM other than accelerating the accumulation of miles because it is only 25K bonus.
Well, it depends whether they pull 2 agencies if you don't 2BM (but still apply for the same number of cards one at a time). If 2BM gets you pulls from 2 agencies, while one at a time gets you 2 pulls from the same agency, isn't 2 pulls from the same agency potentially worse than 1 pull from one agency and another pull from another?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, it depends whether they pull 2 agencies if you don't 2BM (but still apply for the same number of cards one at a time). If 2BM gets you pulls from 2 agencies, while one at a time gets you 2 pulls from the same agency, isn't 2 pulls from the same agency potentially worse than 1 pull from one agency and another pull from another?
I frankly have no clue what you talk about.

Besides, why would the bank pulls from the same agency twice? I have seen Chase and occasionally Citi, pulls from 2 agencies on the same app. Never know any bank would pull twice from same agency. Do you? under what scenario (other than a recon)?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
My last 2BM with BoA for Alaska was personal/personal, and it definitely was one single pull. Will find out what this latest 2BM did soon enough
That would mean both your apps pulled from same agency.

Apparently it wasn't the case for the 2BM I did on husband's account 2 weeks ago - unless the rep pulled again during the call on the 2nd card. But the rep specifically said each app had one pull but they were already done at submission, so there would not be a new pull when he approved it by splitting the credit line.

BTW, still waiting the bonus on the 2nd card that was approved on 11/20. AS tends to post miles in batches, often a week+ after the approval but the dates shown online tends to be 2 to 3 days after approval when BofA sent the info to AS. Hope we would see it by this weekend but I am not hopeful.

Last edited by Happy; Nov 26, 2014 at 6:48 pm
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I frankly have no clue what you talk about.

Besides, why would the bank pulls from the same agency twice? I have seen Chase and occasionally Citi, pulls from 2 agencies on the same app. Never know any bank would pull twice from same agency. Do you? under what scenario (other than a recon)?
I said 2BM, which means 2 applications.

Banks pull separately for each application. It's the bureau that (may) merge those.

My points was: On two separate applications, would you rather have both apps pull from the same bureau days apart (so they're cannot be merged), or each pull from a different bureau (perhaps on the same day)?

In other words, if doing two applications "at the same time" results in pulls from different bureaus (bureau A for application 1 and bureau B for application 2), might that not be better than spacing out the applications a few days and getting bureau A pulled each time?

In other words, it was a scenario to answer your question about what might be the value of 2BM (for two applications) if each of the two applications will pull from a different bureau anyway?

(This was not a discussion about two pulls from different bureaus on one application, like at Citi. This was a discussion about making two applications at once, one being "instantly" approved via bureau A only, but the other one being humanly approved via bureau B only.)
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I said 2BM, which means 2 applications.

Banks pull separately for each application. It's the bureau that (may) merge those.

My points was: On two separate applications, would you rather have both apps pull from the same bureau days apart (so they're cannot be merged), or each pull from a different bureau (perhaps on the same day)?

In other words, if doing two applications "at the same time" results in pulls from different bureaus (bureau A for application 1 and bureau B for application 2), might that not be better than spacing out the applications a few days and getting bureau A pulled each time?

In other words, it was a scenario to answer your question about what might be the value of 2BM (for two applications) if each of the two applications will pull from a different bureau anyway?

(This was not a discussion about two pulls from different bureaus on one application, like at Citi. This was a discussion about making two applications at once, one being "instantly" approved via bureau A only, but the other one being humanly approved via bureau B only.)
I know how the mechanism works - been doing this since 2005, long before it became widely publicized by blogs.

We can deduce things into useful information without going into very wordy and lengthy details that have been repeated at least hundreds times.

My posts are SPECIFICALLY towards the BofA AS card apps - based on the very limited data points, about 75% of the time, BofA pulls from DIFFERENT bureau for each app it got regardless they are submitted the same day or literally seconds / minutes apart. Therefore the odd is low to enjoy the 2BM method which is NOTHING other than a potential merger of pulls by the credit bureau. When this "benefit" is iffy, then the remaining advantage is, to accelerate the accumulation of bonuses.

So far I have not seen the second card's bonus showing up. Though BofA sends out an email today informing us the card has been shipped. When the same email was received on the first card, the bonus was already in AS account. Card One was approved on 11/12, Card sent email came 11/20, but bonus already in AS account a couple days before that, bearing the posting date of 11/14.

Card 2 was approved on 11/20, Card sent email came 11/28, bonus is still not in AS account.

Looking at previous records, had card approved on 2/20, and bonus posting date in AS was 02/24. So 2nd half of month did not make a difference.

Hopefully the second card bonus would show up by itself - else it would be a bit hard to follow up - just like the Citi HH 60K saga - would be tough to get the BofA / AS agents understand there should be TWO bonuses when they can all see 25K has already been posted!

How smooth the posting of 2nd card's bonus would determine whether the 2BM approach is worth it with BofA, that is my current take - because, getting the cards is only the beginning, getting the bonuses is what that really matters - it is no fun to have to follow up on bonus and I am sure everyone agrees in this!

Last edited by Happy; Nov 28, 2014 at 1:21 pm
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:52 am

I know how the mechanism works - been doing this since 2005, long before it became widely publicized by blogs.

We can deduce things into useful information without going into very wordy and lengthy details that have been repeated at least hundreds times.

My posts are SPECIFICALLY towards the BofA AS card apps - based on the very limited data points, about 75% of the time, BofA pulls from DIFFERENT bureau for each app it got regardless they are submitted the same day or literally seconds / minutes apart. Therefore the odd is low to enjoy the 2BM method which is NOTHING other than a potential merger of pulls by the credit bureau. When this "benefit" is iffy, then the remaining advantage is, to accelerate the accumulation of bonuses.

So far I have not seen the second card's bonus showing up. Though BofA sends out an email today informing us the card has been shipped. When the same email was received on the first card, the bonus was already in AS account. Card One was approved on 11/12, Card sent email came 11/20, but bonus already in AS account a couple days before that, bearing the posting date of 11/14.

Card 2 was approved on 11/20, Card sent email came 11/28, bonus is still not in AS account.

Looking at previous records, had card approved on 2/20, and bonus posting date in AS was 02/24. So 2nd half of month did not make a difference.

Hopefully the second card bonus would show up by itself - else it would be a bit hard to follow up - just like the Citi HH 60K saga - would be tough to get the BofA / AS agents understand there should be TWO bonuses when they can all see 25K has already been posted!

How smooth the posting of 2nd card's bonus would determine whether the 2BM approach is worth it with BofA, that is my current take - because, getting the cards is only the beginning, getting the bonuses is what that really matters - it is no fun to have to follow up on bonus and I am sure everyone agrees in this!
With my recent apps, I received both card's bonus about 4 days after applying/approval - meanwhile my wife (who applied at the same time), didn't receive her 50k until almost 2 weeks later. And the strange this is she had instant approval on both of hers, while I had to call in for approval on one of mine.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ops5
With my recent apps, I received both card's bonus about 4 days after applying/approval - meanwhile my wife (who applied at the same time), didn't receive her 50k until almost 2 weeks later. And the strange this is she had instant approval on both of hers, while I had to call in for approval on one of mine.
Thanks a lot for the useful tidbits. Hopefully husband's 2nd bonus will show up in coming week(s).

Yes, it is odd that your wife got instant approvals yet her bonuses showed up much later than yours. One would think hers should show up quickly!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:08 am

I tried two browser method. One through IE and other through chrome. One application was rejected as duplicate application.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coolmuke
I tried two browser method. One through IE and other through chrome. One application was rejected as duplicate application.
It is up to you whether you want to turn the reject around. All you need is to read upthread, in fact no more than a couple pages you would find the answer.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I just did my second 2BM of the year (my previous one being around June time). At first I was instantly denied, but called 1-866-811-4108 and asked for a reconsideration. The lady who came on the phone after my call was transferred to the right department was really friendly. She said that the reason why i was denied was because I seemed to have a pattern of opening credit cards with them for the rewards, and then closing them. She asked if I was applying for these two new cards for that purpose. What was I to say? I said yes. I said I really loved Alaska Airlines (true! true!) and the BoA customer service (so far so true!). At which point she laughed and said that that was fair enough, and approved me for two new cards at the Signature-$5K Cl level. *woot*

For those wondering about churning this card, this has been my schedule for the last twelve months:

Nov 2013 (1BM): Approved, cxl'd May 2014
Apr 2014 (1BM): Approved, still open
Jun 2014 (2BM): Approved x2, one cxl'd Nov 2014, other still open
Nov 2014 (2BM): Approved x2

So I now have four open, with CLs of $7.5k x 1, and $5k x 3
Just as a follow-up, I have now received the bonus for both of these cards, though the cards themselves have yet to arrive and be activated. This happened on my previous 2BM too
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update:

Bonus of the 2nd cad finally shows up, bearing the date of 11/22 - 2nd card was approved on 11/20 by calling the Spanish line and agent split CL from the first card. 2nd card arrived on Saturday as Unactivated versus previously showed as Activated - very weird. Used it on Monday at the mall without issue.

Though husband's 2BM incurred pulls from different bureaus at the end the bonuses worked out. Now it is the waiting game of the statement credit after $1K spend.

Thanks everybody for the efforts in keeping the information up todate on this thread. ^
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:40 am

Did you call the Spanish line because you prefer to speak Spanish, or are you implying it's easier to get your way on that line?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rrgg
Did you call the Spanish line because you prefer to speak Spanish, or are you implying it's easier to get your way on that line?
I dont speak Spanish other than the usual greetings.

The first words I blurted out to the agent who of course answered in Spanish was, "Do you speak English?"

If you read the OTHER thread in the AS forum, everyone said the agents with the Spanish line are super friendly and accommodating in helping you out. There are some very useful info on that thread too. You need to venture out the credit card centric forums and read the related program forums from time to time at least to broaden your knowledge data base.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:11 am

For those of you getting approved for the non Visa Sig cards, does is seem to be a CL issue with BoA or having too low of a credit score?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:31 am

I have 2 AS cards for me and 2 for my wife. Looking to get a 3rd one somewhat soon. How long do you keep them open before closing them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.