Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by [email protected]
If one has a credit score of 790 and no mortgage or debt, what are the chances of getting approved for the Signature card? Don't want to apply for this card if I can't get this card and the 25,000 miles. Thanks.
As long as "no mortgage or debt" doesn't equal no credit history...
Old Nov 6, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ned
Could you give a little more detail about the online process. Thanks
What procedure? just send them a secured message and tell them you want to close the account.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
What procedure? just send them a secured message and tell them you want to close the account.
And in case someone is not sure how to do that, the instructions are in the answer to the first question on this page (about contacting them through email):

https://www.bankofamerica.com/deposi...-of-america.go
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
For those who have had both Biz and Personal version of the card. Are there any real differences between the two other than particular sign-up bonus?
The personal is chip and signature.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Has everyone else been getting 3x or 2x miles for AS tickets purchased? I thought I was supposed to get 3x but I only got 2x miles for a ticket I bought last month.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Has everyone else been getting 3x or 2x miles for AS tickets purchased? I thought I was supposed to get 3x but I only got 2x miles for a ticket I bought last month.
Are you sure? Did you buy anything else that month?

I would assume that it posts as 1x for everything (including AS purchases), and then a separate 2x bonus for AS purchases. Which would add up to 3x, but only if you find the 1x and add it to the 2x.

(I can't be sure, because I haven't made an AS purchase with an AS card yet, but that's the way it works on most of my other airline and hotel cards with purchases that earn more than 1x.)
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Are you sure? Did you buy anything else that month?

I would assume that it posts as 1x for everything (including AS purchases), and then a separate 2x bonus for AS purchases. Which would add up to 3x, but only if you find the 1x and add it to the 2x.

(I can't be sure, because I haven't made an AS purchase with an AS card yet, but that's the way it works on most of my other airline and hotel cards with purchases that earn more than 1x.)
Sorry, I re-checked my account and you're absolutely right. It posted as a single purchase and then a separate 2x bonus transaction. I usually don't fly with AS but I noticed that they have competitive rates out of SEA and PDX.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:21 pm

Anybody ever try doing a 3-br0wser method? I know 2B M seems to work here, just curious how it scales.

Already have 1 hit from ~3 months ago, thinking of trying this out soon. Anyone?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA
Attempted a 2BM for my wife last week, with instant approval for one and pending 30 day decision for the other. Letter came today that second request was cancelled because they felt it was duplicate. Any recourse? My wife will not want to explain to BofA rep why she wants duplicate card (besides miles).
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yztim
Attempted a 2BM for my wife last week, with instant approval for one and pending 30 day decision for the other. Letter came today that second request was cancelled because they felt it was duplicate. Any recourse? My wife will not want to explain to BofA rep why she wants duplicate card (besides miles).
I think there should be a flyertalk thread: "How to convince your wife to call the credit card company without making her hate you" This could save my marriage.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
Originally Posted by finloopio
I think there should be a flyertalk thread: "How to convince your wife to call the credit card company without making her hate you" This could save my marriage.
^^
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Have there been any better offers recently for the biz version of the card aside from the 25000 miles-1st purchase/$75 annual fee/no statement credit offer that's there now? My personal Alaska card expires next month and wanted to get the biz one before I cancel that one in my next round of apps. But wanted to see if it's worth waiting at all for a potential better offer. Applied for the personal one last year in December for the 50k offer.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:57 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
does anyone know if BofA allows credit line consolidation (when closing CCs) like Chase does?

esp if they happened to steal some CL from a prev (older) card to open the newer anyways (on their own, without even involving me.)
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:13 pm

How long does it take for the 25k miles to post? I applied for my wife on 10/22, and haven't gotten the miles yet. The statement hasn't closed yet, but I remember the miles posting well before the statement closes in the past.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by gofarhaveacigar
How long does it take for the 25k miles to post? I applied for my wife on 10/22, and haven't gotten the miles yet. The statement hasn't closed yet, but I remember the miles posting well before the statement closes in the past.
I think mine posted around the time I activated my card, before I made any purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.