Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
What's your reported income and total credit?
73K. Total credit is ~90K, Utilization at 8%
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:31 pm

Got denied for the Merril Lynch card 3 weeks ago, but applied for AS business card same day. Just logged in and saw it listed under my accounts, pleasant surprise.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by waygora
73K. Total credit is ~90K, Utilization at 8%
Hmm, that doesn't look out of the ordinary at all. Have you called to ask why the low limit?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by givingitatry
Got denied for the Merril Lynch card 3 weeks ago, but applied for AS business card same day. Just logged in and saw it listed under my accounts, pleasant surprise.
Was the AS business card initially declined?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by PowerMan572
Was the AS business card initially declined?

No, it wasn't instant approval. I figured it wouldn't be accepted and never called in to recon. Just rode it out and it showed up.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Hmm, that doesn't look out of the ordinary at all. Have you called to ask why the low limit?
Yep, they didn't seem to really know. They kept on saying, well it's probably because of your credit score (nope), late payments (nope), or other things. It seemed to be that I have no history with Bofa, and I'd have to prove my credit worthiness to them.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:34 pm

Approved for Plat, upgraded to Signature, got 30k miles.

On the last weekend in September, against all advice on this thread, I applied and was instantly approved online for the Platinum card with a $2k credit line. Being the weekend, re-con was closed, so I didn't attempt the double application trick.

Instead, I called back on Monday and went through the procedure to upgrade my new Platinum card to the Visa Signature product by transferring credit line from my existing Visa Signature Alaska Air card I had opened back in 01/2016. I was told on the phone that doing this would not make me eligible for the 30k bonus. I went ahead with it anyways because I would benefit from the free baggage benefit and had read a comment on a blog online saying upgrading it like normal could possibly result in still getting the bonus.

I quickly received the Platinum Card in the mail with a $5k credit line, but did not spend a dime on it. I paid the annual fee, though.

After a month of waiting, I received the upgraded Visa Signature card in the mail (with a different account number from the Platinum). I immediately activated it and spent $1,000 on it. Now, a few to several days later, I logon to my Alaska Air account and see the 30,000 bonus miles credited. (edit: My $1k charge is actually still pending and hasn't posted yet. Seems like I didnt have to charge anything for the miles to post. We'll see if I get the $100 statement credit too, though).

Last edited by craykittens; Dec 5, 2016 at 6:45 pm
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craykittens
On the last weekend in September, against all advice on this thread, I applied and was instantly approved online for the Platinum card with a $2k credit line. Being the weekend, re-con was closed, so I didn't attempt the double application trick.

Instead, I called back on Monday and went through the procedure to upgrade my new Platinum card to the Visa Signature product by transferring credit line from my existing Visa Signature Alaska Air card I had opened back in 01/2016. I was told on the phone that doing this would not make me eligible for the 30k bonus. I went ahead with it anyways because I would benefit from the free baggage benefit and had read a comment on a blog online saying upgrading it like normal could possibly result in still getting the bonus.

I quickly received the Platinum Card in the mail with a $5k credit line, but did not spend a dime on it. I paid the annual fee, though.

After a month of waiting, I received the upgraded Visa Signature card in the mail (with a different account number from the Platinum). I immediately activated it and spent $1,000 on it. Now, a few to several days later, I logon to my Alaska Air account and see the 30,000 bonus miles credited. (edit: My $1k charge is actually still pending and hasn't posted yet. Seems like I didnt have to charge anything for the miles to post. We'll see if I get the $100 statement credit too, though).
Since they didn't give you accurate information about your 30k bonus (and thus what the requirements were), it's not clear what exact 30k bonus offer you were upgraded to: One which needed $1k spend, one which needed one purchase (there was that kind of offer at one point), or one which gave the 30k on approval (I don't remember such an offer being public, but I don't if upgrade-from-Plat offers are identical to public ones or not).

And I'n not clear, did you make only exactly one purchase, that one purchase being over $1000, or did you make few purchases, and some but not all of those posted?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:33 pm

The bonus miles were posted on 12/2 as two transactions, 1,000 miles and then 29,000 miles. My single online transaction of $1,000 was made on 12/3 and is still pending as of tonight 12/5.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:14 am

What's the easiest way to lower my credit limit? I can't find anywhere to send a secure message.

I don't use BOA much so I may have missed the online button?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by crazytravelguy
What's the easiest way to lower my credit limit? I can't find anywhere to send a secure message.

The only way to contact BOA if you're not a Preferred customer is to call them. They removed the online messaging some time ago and then the chat for regular folks a few months ago.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crazytravelguy

Just call them. I did so for one my cards a month or two ago, and they didn't any "why" questions.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
My new AS Signature card finally showed up in my BoA online account this morning. I had to call in again yesterday to push it through because apparently it was stuck in the queue for some 2nd level rep to rubber stamp the 5k credit line.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by avagyan
said that apps combine to one HP if made in 30 days period, not just one day. I've asked again and been reassured that if I apply in 30 days period it will still be one pull from my credit.
Any DP? Can this be real?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by avagyan
Any DP? Can this be real?
If true it's new to me. Although I haven't applied for BOA for more than a year, I have 2 HP less than a few days apart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.