Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:17 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
When you say "regular," is that monthly? How much spend?
I don't think that there is a formula, except to note that in several of my calls to BoA, the CSR's have mentioned that I am NOT using my card regularly. Since it's been said to me more than once, I took note. So, to keep them happy, I try to use mine for purchases and expenses of varying amounts. My hope is to use all my cards a couple of times a month, minimally, with no real "sock drawer" status for any of them. In real life, though, that doesn't happen. I usually have 3-5 cards in my wallet at any given time. They are the ones that I use. I try to rotate a different batch to the wallet when I'm thinking about it. Then those are the ones that I use.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:41 am

i m planning to apply for the BOA AS Business this week.

for those who successfully got approval as a sole proprietor with "business", how much $ gross income do you put in your application?

i do have ebay business but not to the extent of hundreds of thousands per annum.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
for those who successfully got approval as a sole proprietor with "business",
how much $ gross income do you put in your application?
I typically put $5,000, and have always gotten approved.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:50 pm

for those who successfully got approval as a sole proprietor with "business", how much $ gross income do you put in your application?

i do have ebay business but not to the extent of hundreds of thousands per annum.
It's best to be honest. My SO recently applied and had no business and she put "$0" and still ultimately got approved for AS Business card. I can't remember off hand, but I think BoA allows you to select when the business "opened," which can be helpful too if you're including a lower amount.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by muji
thanks - was it instant approval?

Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
It's best to be honest. My SO recently applied and had no business and she put "$0" and still ultimately got approved for AS Business card. I can't remember off hand, but I think BoA allows you to select when the business "opened," which can be helpful too if you're including a lower amount.
thanks - it sounds like she has to call in to get approved? this is the situation i want to avoid bc i have 3 personal AS card already and they may ask me why i want a 4th card (albeit a business)
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:54 pm

thanks - was it instant approval?
It was. Never had to call in.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond

I said $200 and my wife said $500 since they are total startups. We had to call, but were approved without hassle.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:13 pm

It was. Never had to call in.
thanks. how many AS personal credit cards did you have before you applied for your first AS business CC?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:23 pm

how many AS personal credit cards did you have before you applied for your first AS business CC?
Had three personals open concurrently, then got approved for a business version.
Every case, of course, is different. And BofAm seems to have gotten stricter about approving the Alaska cards, from recent reports.
But you could give it a shot and see what happens.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Does anyone know how long it takes between the cutting date of my BoA credit card statement and the miles (for usual spend + 30k bonus) reaching my Alaska Mileage Plan account? The $100 credit posted quickly but not the miles :-(
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by rownada
Does anyone know how long it takes between the cutting date of my BoA credit card statement and the miles (for usual spend + 30k bonus) reaching my Alaska Mileage Plan account? The $100 credit posted quickly but not the miles :-(
Sunday evening after the statement closes. Sometimes it takes an additional week depending on timing.

Added to wiki.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Sunday evening after the statement closes. Sometimes it takes an additional week depending on timing.

Added to wiki.
My August statement showed 30k bonus miles.
However, miles have not been posted to my AS account as today.

Who should I contact? BOA or AS?
Thank you!
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by milaohu

Thank you!
BOA first, and confirm what AS# they have on that account. Sometimes happens that even if you properly add an existing AS# to an app they create another one for you. If that's happened, get the new AS# from BOA, and then call AS to merge the accounts
Old Oct 29, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
For folks who went thru the whole Platinum Plus => Visa Signature switcheroo: how did it affect your timeline for churning the next card?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by milaohu

Thank you!
When did your statement post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.