Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 20, 18, 9:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.


A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)


To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949


Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)


Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 18, 16, 2:56 pm
  #4006  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SEA
Posts: 2,556
Originally Posted by frank_10b View Post
is the biz a 90 day wait too?
I think it is. To be on the safe side, I'll be following the
90-days-between-business-applications plan, as bchips has done (below).


Originally Posted by bchips View Post
3/3/16
6/13/16
10/12/16
muji is offline  
Old Oct 19, 16, 1:11 pm
  #4007  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CMH
Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Whatever, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,011
Data points: Applied for my first Alaska card 1/2016. Instantly approved with $12k credit limit. DM'ed BOA a few months later and preemptively lowered it to $5k. I already have a BoA Travel Rewards with a 6.8k limit I also lowered to 5k at the same time. Approved 10/6/2016 for a 2nd Alaska card, instantly approved for 8k.
nineworldseries is offline  
Old Oct 19, 16, 1:15 pm
  #4008  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,167
Dammit BOA, you're all over the place. How are we supposed to figure you out if we cannot establish a pattern?
Superorb is offline  
Old Oct 19, 16, 3:46 pm
  #4009  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,161
Wife applied for Biz and Personal cards, Biz auto approved, Personal pending due to credit frozen, called today denied " we extended two other credit cards to you this year"

She has 2 personal cards open prior to applications, its time to close those cards.
ninim2200 is offline  
Old Oct 20, 16, 6:54 am
  #4010  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida:)
Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Posts: 263
Great, just as I was planning on doing the second one! Maybe I should close the first, wait a bit, and then try...
express3 is offline  
Old Oct 20, 16, 10:20 am
  #4011  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: DCA
Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, SPG/Marriott/HHonors Gold, *A Gold (SAS EuroBonus)
Posts: 782
I just applied for an Asiana card (I know this is AS thread, but hoping the folks here with extensive BofA expertise may be able to help..). App went to pending, so I called recon. They said problem was my Experian was frozen and I asked if they could pull TU, which they agreed to. She said she wasn't able to approve account as most of my revolving accounts were new (which is true, have 12 or so new cards in last year). I do have a 12 year old BofA Worldpoints card I never use and offered to transfer credit from that, but she refused. Said I needed to demonstrate more history with the new revolving accounts. I was pretty shocked at the denial. All three FICOs/FAKOs are mid-high 700s, seasoned mortgage and auto loans on report (so it's not just a bunch of relatively new CCs), six figure income. And I've been approved for 2 business AS and 1 business Asiana card in past 2 months (she didn't cite those, presumably because they are not on my personal report)?

Any chance of reconning this with another agent? I had been planning to do Asiana card then a personal AS card but this threw me for a loop!
bodiddely is offline  
Old Oct 20, 16, 10:41 am
  #4012  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, SC
Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Posts: 2,363
Originally Posted by bodiddely View Post
I just applied for an Asiana card (I know this is AS thread, but hoping the folks here with extensive BofA expertise may be able to help..). App went to pending, so I called recon. They said problem was my Experian was frozen and I asked if they could pull TU, which they agreed to. She said she wasn't able to approve account as most of my revolving accounts were new (which is true, have 12 or so new cards in last year). I do have a 12 year old BofA Worldpoints card I never use and offered to transfer credit from that, but she refused. Said I needed to demonstrate more history with the new revolving accounts. I was pretty shocked at the denial. All three FICOs/FAKOs are mid-high 700s, seasoned mortgage and auto loans on report (so it's not just a bunch of relatively new CCs), six figure income. And I've been approved for 2 business AS and 1 business Asiana card in past 2 months (she didn't cite those, presumably because they are not on my personal report)?

Any chance of reconning this with another agent? I had been planning to do Asiana card then a personal AS card but this threw me for a loop!
Clearly they don't like what they see in your TU credit report. Any reason you don't want them pulling EX?
akcae is offline  
Old Oct 20, 16, 10:59 am
  #4013  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: DCA
Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, SPG/Marriott/HHonors Gold, *A Gold (SAS EuroBonus)
Posts: 782
Originally Posted by akcae View Post
Clearly they don't like what they see in your TU credit report. Any reason you don't want them pulling EX?
More inquiries on EX. Only Barclay (and, apparently only sometimes, BofA) pull my TU so I prefer inquiries to go there. EX will be the same info. Lots of new revolving accounts but very low (under 2% on each card and across board) utilization.
bodiddely is offline  
Old Oct 20, 16, 2:28 pm
  #4014  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 28,443
Originally Posted by bodiddely View Post
More inquiries on EX. Only Barclay (and, apparently only sometimes, BofA) pull my TU so I prefer inquiries to go there. EX will be the same info. Lots of new revolving accounts but very low (under 2% on each card and across board) utilization.
The number of new accounts reported on TU should be the same as on TU. The rep commented on the new accounts opened without much of history.

This implies to that BofA now not just looks into number of inquiries but number of new accounts opened - a la Chase but not yet a defined rule.
Happy is offline  
Old Oct 21, 16, 7:39 pm
  #4015  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: IAH
Programs: DL PM, AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Posts: 9,264
I've read back a few pages and these DPs are all over the place.

My situation:
AS 1 Personal- opened May 2015, closed June 2016
AS 2 Business- same schedule
AS 3 Personal- opened December 2015, still open with a CL of $5k

I'd like to pull the trigger on another one, but can't decide what's lowest risk/highest change of auto approval. I have 2 other open BoA CCs (CLs of $1k and $5k), so total exposure of $11k.

Suggestions? Go for Biz since I have an open personal? Close the personal (which I was going to do before the fee anyway) and apply for another one in a couple months?
krazykanuck is offline  
Old Oct 22, 16, 7:48 am
  #4016  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,161
Originally Posted by krazykanuck View Post
I've read back a few pages and these DPs are all over the place.

My situation:
AS 1 Personal- opened May 2015, closed June 2016
AS 2 Business- same schedule
AS 3 Personal- opened December 2015, still open with a CL of $5k

I'd like to pull the trigger on another one, but can't decide what's lowest risk/highest change of auto approval. I have 2 other open BoA CCs (CLs of $1k and $5k), so total exposure of $11k.

Suggestions? Go for Biz since I have an open personal? Close the personal (which I was going to do before the fee anyway) and apply for another one in a couple months?
to me this sounds like a good plan.
ninim2200 is offline  
Old Oct 22, 16, 11:59 pm
  #4017  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: SFO
Posts: 108
Note: I didn't see a thread for retention offers on this card, so I'll put this here. Got offered 2500 miles today to keep my card open; had for 12 months, ~$3000 spend. Declined the offer, but might be worth a call for someone who'd otherwise keep the card open. CS rep offered it proactively - I didn't ask about offers or get transferred to a retention department.
jordan_h is offline  
Old Oct 23, 16, 11:55 am
  #4018  
Moderator: Travel Buzz, Chase Credit Cards
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 2,916
[QUOTE=bodiddely;27371297I do have a 12 year old BofA Worldpoints card I never use and offered to transfer credit from that, but she refused. [/QUOTE]

I strongly suggest that you start using this card to sweeten up your relationship with BoA. Our oldest card (morphed from an AOPA card) is the Worldpoints card with little or no use for years. BoA closed it when we applied for our first Alaska card, and required a hard pull to reopen it. We agreed to the HP, due to the benefits of having this very seasoned card on our credit report. I now use it at least once a month, but BoA likes to see "regular" use on the cards they issue.
StartinSanDiego is offline  
Old Oct 23, 16, 12:00 pm
  #4019  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 448
I am currently on my 4th BOA Alaska personal card, I usually apply 3 months apart after I lower the CL to 5k and then I cancel the previous card after I receive the new one. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best maximize my chances of getting approved for the business card? should I wait x days after a personal card approval or is it more about the total credit limit that you have with BOA?
jasonz9238 is offline  
Old Oct 23, 16, 7:41 pm
  #4020  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 276
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego View Post
I strongly suggest that you start using this card to sweeten up your relationship with BoA. Our oldest card (morphed from an AOPA card) is the Worldpoints card with little or no use for years. BoA closed it when we applied for our first Alaska card, and required a hard pull to reopen it. We agreed to the HP, due to the benefits of having this very seasoned card on our credit report. I now use it at least once a month, but BoA likes to see "regular" use on the cards they issue.
When you say "regular," is that monthly? How much spend?
PumpkinSmasher is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: