Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
2-3 days after statement close
My statement closed on the 8th and I haven't received my miles yet. So this is unusual?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by jjangoo
My statement closed on the 8th and I haven't received my miles yet. So this is unusual?
Usually for me they post the Sunday after the statement closes. So this Sunday for you and me also since mine closed over the weekend as well. AS is weird like that.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
Looking for some advice...

I have the biz card myself and received instant approval (I do have a legitimate business however). My SO applied for the biz card and she received an "under review" notice. Since she didn't have legitimate business, she did not bother with reconsideration.

She did get a letter in the mail yesterday with the following...

"We need additional information to process your request for a small business credit account.

To proceed with your request, please provide us with the following additional information:

Your complete business physical address (Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each entity which opens an account). Any of the following documents in the company's name would be acceptable: organizing documents such as articles of incorporation, articles of partnership, articles of organization or certification of incorporation."

And yes, the bolded was bolded in the letter. Interestingly though, they do give an option to submit this information by phone? I'm not sure how that would work though. If it's helpful, she included "$0" as her revenue on her application. Also worth noting that my SO received instant approval on the personal AS card (at the same time this application was filed).

Has this situation happened to anyone before? Any advice or suggestions on how to receive an approval in this scenario?
In case anyone was curious, I finally have an update on this. My S.O. and I decided to write a letter (email) and basically just stated that she is a sole proprietor and that because this is a new business, none of those requested documents (yet) exist. We went on further to say though that if they are concerned about verifying the address, they could look at her personal AS account (we provided the last 4 digits and noted that the address was the same) and we also included a copy of our electric bill in her name as well to show proof of ownership of the address just to give them an extra bone.

While she hasn't received anything directly back from BoA (yet), we did note on her online account yesterday that a new business account is now showing! So it appears to have worked.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:04 pm

Datapoint:

I applied personal card has and application went in pending, I called credit analyst for approval and he denied it because I already have a same card with them. This is my third card this year and last card was approved on 6/4 and it still open, I generally keep only one card open before applying to new one. Looks like BofA is filling wholes in window
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Hey guys,

sorry in advance if this has been answered before. I opened up my very first Alaska personal card. It has been about 45 days since I last opened it. From what I remember reading, I have to wait 90 days until my next credit card with bofa correct for the personal one? What if I want to apply for a business one as a sole prop, do I have to wait 90 days or can I just do that now?

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:17 pm

Same here, dont' have AS card at the moment, call the recon for the 2nd card and declined due to duplicated cards.

called twice and got the same answer. i guess can only do one card at a time now.

Originally Posted by mak101
Datapoint:

I applied personal card has and application went in pending, I called credit analyst for approval and he denied it because I already have a same card with them. This is my third card this year and last card was approved on 6/4 and it still open, I generally keep only one card open before applying to new one. Looks like BofA is filling wholes in window
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
Hey guys,

sorry in advance if this has been answered before. I opened up my very first Alaska personal card. It has been about 45 days since I last opened it. From what I remember reading, I have to wait 90 days until my next credit card with bofa correct for the personal one? What if I want to apply for a business one as a sole prop, do I have to wait 90 days or can I just do that now?

Thanks!
Don't just remember reading. Read the last couple pages of recent posts right now. Everything may have just changed.. People are getting denied left and right for applying for a second personal card while even just one personal card is open; that didn't happen as recently as a month ago.

We don't have up-to-date data points on how it works with business cards yet.

In the past, business cards and personal cards were on separate clocks, and having one didn't affect the ability to apply for another. But we have no clue yet as to whether any of this might changed as well or not.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:55 am

Another data point:

Applied October 5th, got instant rejection.

Received letter in the mail: "we were unable to approve the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card you requested because you already have an account endorsed by this organization"

Currently have another Alaska personal card from six months ago.

I called and recon said the reason I was denied was because I already have a personal card.

(this is personal card BTW)
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:57 am

The odd thing is - I went to cancel my current Alaska card after receiving that in the mail and got a 2500 mile retention offer just to keep it open.

Never ever before have I got a retention offer on an Alaska card.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by Jesperss
The odd thing is - I went to cancel my current Alaska card after receiving that in the mail and got a 2500 mile retention offer just to keep it open.

Never ever before have I got a retention offer on an Alaska card.
Yep.. you are the third one posting this I believe, my husband was one of them to receive such offer.
Good to know they have continued.
I canceled mine last week and did not get an offer though.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by duranza
Yep.. you are the third one posting this I believe, my husband was one of them to receive such offer.
Good to know they have continued.
I canceled mine last week and did not get an offer though.
I got a retention offer after a having it open for about 11 months. Minimal spend.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 5:28 pm

SO approved for Alaska business card, she currently has a personal BoA card.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by countingmiles
SO approved for Alaska business card, she currently has a personal BoA card.
i got approved for a second BOA alaska biz card, but not a second personal card
Old Oct 15, 2016, 11:54 pm

So if the application status page says "your application is in review" however, when I log into my account it shows my second card with an account number and credit limit, then this means I was approved, correct? Thanks
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
So if the application status page says "your application is in review" however, when I log into my account it shows my second card with an account number and credit limit, then this means I was approved, correct? Thanks
If there's a new card account yes, it means the new card was approved. Why else would it be there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.