Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 20, 18, 9:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.


A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)


To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949


Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)


Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 7, 16, 9:30 am
  #3931  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,167
Originally Posted by andante81 View Post
I applied the card and was instantly approved. Then, I was just curious and checked the application status online. It said, "in review" Anyone had same experience?
If you were approved it will show up in your online account in a few days.
Superorb is offline  
Old Oct 7, 16, 9:46 am
  #3932  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ORD
Programs: Hyatt Diamond,IHG Platinum, HH Gold, OZ Diamond (*G), AA Plat, AS MVP Gold
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
If you were approved it will show up in your online account in a few days.
Thanks!
Indeed, it showed up in the morning, but the application status page still says "in review"
andante81 is offline  
Old Oct 7, 16, 10:02 am
  #3933  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 35
Applied for Alaska personal yesterday. Application went to pending. Called this morning and was told that my application has been denied due to having another personal Visa with 5K limit. FICO about 800+. Sufficient income. No red flags.

I have been applying for 1 personal and 1 biz every 90 days or so. Getting the miles, keeping the card for a year and then closing. Never had any issues. Perhaps, B of A started to clamp down on churners. YMMV.

====

Quick update. Just applied for a Biz card and was immediately approved. Perhaps, one personal and one biz only, going forward?

Last edited by bob26; Oct 7, 16 at 10:19 am Reason: Added
bob26 is offline  
Old Oct 7, 16, 10:57 am
  #3934  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,167
Originally Posted by andante81 View Post
Thanks!
Indeed, it showed up in the morning, but the application status page still says "in review"
Ignore the application status page
Originally Posted by bob26 View Post
Applied for Alaska personal yesterday. Application went to pending. Called this morning and was told that my application has been denied due to having another personal Visa with 5K limit. FICO about 800+. Sufficient income. No red flags.

I have been applying for 1 personal and 1 biz every 90 days or so. Getting the miles, keeping the card for a year and then closing. Never had any issues. Perhaps, B of A started to clamp down on churners. YMMV.

====

Quick update. Just applied for a Biz card and was immediately approved. Perhaps, one personal and one biz only, going forward?
I have been letting BOA pending apps soak and get approvals a few days later when the card just shows up in my account online.
Superorb is offline  
Old Oct 7, 16, 11:06 am
  #3935  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Posts: 2,011
Have two AS personal + AS biz cards (just cancelled a third of each). Applied for one of each yesterday and was approved instantly. So don't think this is a new policy.
steveholt is offline  
Old Oct 7, 16, 11:58 am
  #3936  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,167
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
Have two AS personal + AS biz cards (just cancelled a third of each). Applied for one of each yesterday and was approved instantly. So don't think this is a new policy.
How long are you waiting between apps?
Superorb is offline  
Old Oct 7, 16, 12:17 pm
  #3937  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 274
Was applying/approved for a card close to once a month with a generous CL, denied for the first time today. At least for me, getting tightened up.
coffee18 is offline  
Old Oct 7, 16, 9:00 pm
  #3938  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Programs: 24 million points to burn!
Posts: 1,511
Ok, I'll pile on. I think something has changed this week. On Monday I was denied after calling in. Why? Because of too many recent inquiries! B of A hasn't been giving that reason...ever! This would have been my 3rd personal. And I have less inquiries this year than the past 2 years.

Look, I've been applying every 3 months for years. I reduce the CL to $2000, make the spend, get a new card. Clockwork. Now this.

The gig is up!
Preacher7 is offline  
Old Oct 8, 16, 12:12 am
  #3939  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Posts: 2,011
Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
How long are you waiting between apps?
120 days or so.
steveholt is offline  
Old Oct 8, 16, 1:02 am
  #3940  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Posts: 513
Originally Posted by Preacher7 View Post
Ok, I'll pile on. I think something has changed this week. On Monday I was denied after calling in. Why? Because of too many recent inquiries! B of A hasn't been giving that reason...ever! This would have been my 3rd personal. And I have less inquiries this year than the past 2 years.

Look, I've been applying every 3 months for years. I reduce the CL to $2000, make the spend, get a new card. Clockwork. Now this.

The gig is up!
I always freeze my EX report and its eleventy-seven inquiries prior to applying because I've read plenty of reports in this thread about BoA not approving applications because of too many inquiries.
Ed Janowsky is offline  
Old Oct 8, 16, 1:32 am
  #3941  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,595
Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky View Post
I always freeze my EX report and its eleventy-seven inquiries prior to applying because I've read plenty of reports in this thread about BoA not approving applications because of too many inquiries.
thinking abt doing the same too for my next round of app. which CB did they pull for you when EX is frozen? problem is if i freeze EX, i likely wont be auto-approve for Amex cards bc i heard they are very insistent in wanting EX pull.
gnomey is offline  
Old Oct 8, 16, 1:38 am
  #3942  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,161
Originally Posted by gnomey View Post
thinking abt doing the same too for my next round of app. which CB did they pull for you when EX is frozen? problem is if i freeze EX, i likely wont be auto-approve for Amex cards bc i heard they are very insistent in wanting EX pull.
this doesn't work for most banks, so Amex is not okay with that, BofA will let you choose another.
ninim2200 is offline  
Old Oct 8, 16, 10:32 am
  #3943  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Posts: 513
deleted

Last edited by Ed Janowsky; Oct 8, 16 at 11:08 am
Ed Janowsky is offline  
Old Oct 8, 16, 11:05 am
  #3944  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Posts: 513
Originally Posted by gnomey View Post
thinking abt doing the same too for my next round of app. which CB did they pull for you when EX is frozen?
gnomey, I already answered that question for you here.

If you're asking me which one I chose, that has also been answered here.
Ed Janowsky is offline  
Old Oct 8, 16, 1:05 pm
  #3945  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,167
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
120 days or so.
That's not too bad. Some people have been having problems churning lately, but they've been doing every 90 days.
Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky View Post
I always freeze my EX report and its eleventy-seven inquiries prior to applying because I've read plenty of reports in this thread about BoA not approving applications because of too many inquiries.
Is it easy to freeze/unfreeze EX? Do they charge?
Superorb is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: