Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 10:08 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
Do you close your previous cards before applying again?
I don't.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many people (including me) don't close until they have at least 3 cards. Then they may close 1 card before getting another card, to stay within that 3 card limit.

If you space your applications 4 months apart, then you'll have your second annual fee come due for each card as you're ready to apply for the 4th card, so it'll be "natural" to cancel then.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
I always cancel one about a month before applying for another. My max has been 2 cards at any given time and that has worked for me and husband.
I alternate between the $1k spend and the no spend card and have had no problems getting approved.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:14 am

Has anyone tried: 1 personal AS, 1 business AS, and 1 Virgin card on one day?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: SPG preferred, AA, United
Originally Posted by waylook
Has anyone tried: 1 personal AS, 1 business AS, and 1 Virgin card on one day?
Yes and I got all 3. My personal came as a platinum though. I didn't realize till after I had hit the min spend (All my fault for not calling in). But you can get all 3 in one day.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:21 pm

Great to know. Thanks!

Originally Posted by daprophecy
Yes and I got all 3. My personal came as a platinum though. I didn't realize till after I had hit the min spend (All my fault for not calling in). But you can get all 3 in one day.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:23 am

So what happens if I applied and it's pending review? Do I wait until the approval, whether it's a Signature or Platinum or do I make another application? Or do I call?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Venomous West
So what happens if I applied and it's pending review? Do I wait until the approval, whether it's a Signature or Platinum or do I make another application? Or do I call?
Call in right away
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I closed my AS Business card in June. Today in the mail I got a mailer from BoA with a priority code inviting me to apply for another AS Biz card
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:26 am

I'm sure this has been answered before somewhere in this long thread, but applying for a business card with $0 in revenue works just fine, correct? I've already applied and been approved for a business card, but I have a legit business. My s.o. on the other hand does not.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
I'm sure this has been answered before somewhere in this long thread, but applying for a business card with $0 in revenue works just fine, correct? I've already applied and been approved for a business card, but I have a legit business. My s.o. on the other hand does not.
It has been mentioned previously (in individual reports), and it's not that hard to find. Just go to the upper right and Search This Thread on the word "revenue", and at least a few of posts you'll find in that search will be about this. (Skip over the posts where the search results preview shows the term "Internal Revenue Service", obviously.)
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
It has been mentioned previously (in individual reports), and it's not that hard to find. Just go to the upper right and Search This Thread on the word "revenue", and at least a few of posts you'll find in that search will be about this. (Skip over the posts where the search results preview shows the term "Internal Revenue Service", obviously.)
I'm all for searching, but I only see one semi-recent data point using the search term "revenue." While the person's application does appear to have been accepted, it's not a lot of information to go off of.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:35 pm
Original Member

Cancellation bonus - 2,500 miles

I have 2 months to go before the fee charges for my Alaska Airlines credit card. I called the number on the back of the card to cancel (during business hours), told the prompt "cancel card", then was connected to a rep who asked why I wanted to cancel. Told him I didn't want to pay the fee, and that my Starwood card was giving me more Alaska miles. He then offered 2,500 miles for keeping the card. Will post 4-6 weeks. He assured me that I can then still cancel the card.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
I'm all for searching, but I only see one semi-recent data point using the search term "revenue." While the person's application does appear to have been accepted, it's not a lot of information to go off of.
Well, I'll be happy to try to be another datapoint, but it may take a week or so. I have a targeted business Alaska card offer that I'll probably apply for this weekend (since it expires at the start of next month), and I expect I'll put $0 for revenue. Depends on how quickly they make a decision on my application as to how quickly I can report. But of course I don't know if it works any differently for a targeted offer vs applying for the regular offer online.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
I know some are getting new cards every 4 months. I'm assuming those are personal. Are you also getting a new business card each time as well or is it more difficult to get a new business card? Both my wife and I each after a year hiatus did personal+bus same day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.