Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by sdsearch
1. Hardly anyone but Barclay uses TU automatically, so why the big concern about extra pulls if it's on TU?

2. Pulls that TU cannot tell apart (to be sure they're not duplicated), like two personal cards from the same bank on the same day, maybe be merged into one pull at the TU end, even if the bank itself issues them as two pulls. So why worry about whether the bank can use the same pull, if both apps are being handled on the same day?
I've searched comments but to be clear----pulls from biz card and personal card apps on the same day are not combined, ie: they are from different entities (BA and FIA I think).

Also is 3 personals at one time considered the limit still as it was 1 year ago when I got 3? Max # of biz apps? I guess one just applies as many times as you get approved in one day.

THX

Last edited by tassojunior; Aug 16, 2016 at 8:50 pm
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior
I've searched comments but to be clear----pulls from biz card and personal card apps on the same day are not combined, ie: they are from different entities (BA and FIA I think).

Also is 3 personals at one time considered the limit still as it was 1 year ago when I got 3? Max # of biz apps? I guess one just applies as many times as you get approved in one day.

THX
3 personal at one time is pushing it, this is what led to shut downs last year, why don't you just get one personal and one business
Old Aug 16, 2016, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by tassojunior

THX
Let us know your results.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Applied 2nd AS, (1st one still open, applied Oct 2015). Surprised that it was not auto proved. Checked the status today, it was approved. But no info as for the CL. Login to BoA, no new card info yet. Not sure if the approved was for >$5000 or the lower one.

Applied 12:15AM ET 8/18, but app status says applied 8/17. Hesitate to apply another one as it may not be the same day for credit pull.

Wondering if a # I can call to get the new card info?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Tinker25
Applied 2nd AS, (1st one still open, applied Oct 2015). Surprised that it was not auto proved. Checked the status today, it was approved. But no info as for the CL. Login to BoA, no new card info yet. Not sure if the approved was for >$5000 or the lower one.

Applied 12:15AM ET 8/18, but app status says applied 8/17. Hesitate to apply another one as it may not be the same day for credit pull.

Wondering if a # I can call to get the new card info?
You can call 1-800-354-0401 (this number is also in the wiki) to ask about credit limit and Visa Signature.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Smile

Thanks. Called and CL is 18000, so right card.

Originally Posted by michael_v
You can call 1-800-354-0401 (this number is also in the wiki) to ask about credit limit and Visa Signature.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
I'm getting fidgety too, but don't call until it's been like over a month.
Any luck on getting the miles to post to your account? I'm still waiting for mine, usually it's posted on or before I physically received the card. For this new offer I have the card in hand for about 3 weeks, with minimum spend met (received $100 credit), but miles still no where to be seen.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by flumoxed
Any luck on getting the miles to post to your account? I'm still waiting for mine, usually it's posted on or before I physically received the card. For this new offer I have the card in hand for about 3 weeks, with minimum spend met (received $100 credit), but miles still no where to be seen.
Got all my miles and credit and companion ticket. Apparently it prices on a Sunday after the next statement closes or something.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by ninim2200
3 personal at one time is pushing it, this is what led to shut downs last year, why don't you just get one personal and one business
I'd say 3 personal in one day is auto banned. I got 2, but I was super lucky.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Got all my miles and credit and companion ticket. Apparently it prices on a Sunday after the next statement closes or something.
I am glad it all worked out for you.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by flumoxed
With this new offer they'll post the Sunday after your statement closes.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:46 am

What is the churning period for these cards? And how come the info from post #3688 isn't in the wiki?

Also, what kind of purchases qualify for the $100 credit?

Last edited by Venomous West; Aug 19, 2016 at 8:52 am
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Venomous West
how come the info from post #3688 isn't in the wiki?
Thanks.
I've moved information regarding that post (about applying for a personal card) to a more prominent spot in the wiki.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by Venomous West
What is the churning period for these cards? And how come the info from post #3688 isn't in the wiki?

Also, what kind of purchases qualify for the $100 credit?
In my experience every 3-4 mos . Any purchase qualifies for the $100 credit
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by duranza
In my experience every 3-4 mos . Any purchase qualifies for the $100 credit
Do you close your previous cards before applying again?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.