Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 20, 18, 9:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 2, 16, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by TMM1982 View Post
Anyone ever have a BoA cc app that gets stuck permanently in "review in progress" ?
Did you call the reconsideration number?
Old Jun 3, 16, 12:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cajunguy View Post
Did you call the reconsideration number?
Haven't called
Old Jun 3, 16, 9:39 am

Haven't called
As someone reminded me lately, B/A is not like Chase, so you should apply during weekday business hours, then call Recon immediately if you don't get an instant approval. If you wait, even if your app doesn't get "stuck", you risk both ending up with a nearly useless Plat card with a tiny sign up bonus, and a second HP when you call anytime after the day you did the app.
Old Jun 3, 16, 11:19 am

That is a good reminder that I wish I had read last week. Applied for two cards after hours last Friday, 1 accepted, 1 in review - just got a call today from the fraud department.

I'll call them back soon but unsure if it is worth another HP to get the 2nd card and I'm looking through this thread now to see if there are any good excuses for why I applied for two if they ask.
Old Jun 4, 16, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Peter_Ng View Post
Some facts:

I closed my last Alaska personal card with 20k CL last week ( should have lowered the CL first before cancel, i know now). Then, I applied for the new personal card with 30k AS miles + $100 credit last night ( another mistake, i haven't follow this thread for a while) and got approved for 3k CL.
Could you please clarify why applying for "the new personal card with 30k AS miles + $100 credit last night" was a mistake? I understand the first part (like lowering the credit instead of closing) but this offer 30K +$100 is the best, no?
Old Jun 4, 16, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Peter_Ng View Post
Some facts:

I closed my last Alaska personal card with 20k CL last week ( should have lowered the CL first before cancel, i know now). Then, I applied for the new personal card with 30k AS miles + $100 credit last night ( another mistake, i haven't follow this thread for a while) and got approved for 3k CL. Called this morning and the credit analyst was able to move 6K from another BoA Travel Award card to this and upgrade the new card to a Signature Visa card with a total combined of 9k. I asked and he said yes, I will receive the normal bonus miles of the signature card. Somehow, I don't have a good feeling about that.
Well, it is what it is. At the very least, I learned two important things so when I apply for my wife, hopefully we will have a better results

PS: Never happened to me, my previous Alaska cards are always some of the very high CL , 18K-25k
Originally Posted by alexxgr View Post
Could you please clarify why applying for "the new personal card with 30k AS miles + $100 credit last night" was a mistake? I understand the first part (like lowering the credit instead of closing) but this offer 30K +$100 is the best, no?
Obviously because the $3K CL means the OP was approved for a mere Plat card, with a 5K miles sign up bonus, instead of a Sig card with a 25/30K bonus. Then had to call in another day, which even if the OP does eventually get a Sig to replace the original Plat, will still incur an extra HP.
Old Jun 4, 16, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by metoo View Post
Outcome please. I applied for the 25k May 25th and wondering if I will be matched to the new 30k with $100 statement.

Also, applied May 25th, 25k bonuses in account on May 26th
I also applied for 25k bonus + $100 statement credit on May 28, the card is approved and still on the way (should probably arrive Monday). I asked BoA via chat window to match to 30k and they told me it's not up to them, that I should call AlaskaAirlines (1-800-654-5669 was the number they gave me). I haven't called yet - waiting to receive the actual card first.
But I wonder - who is in the position to match: BoA or Alaska Airlines? And would love to hear the outcome of those who tried to match.
Old Jun 4, 16, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by in4tar View Post
I also applied for 25k bonus + $100 statement credit on May 28, the card is approved and still on the way (should probably arrive Monday). I asked BoA via chat window to match to 30k and they told me it's not up to them, that I should call AlaskaAirlines (1-800-654-5669 was the number they gave me). I haven't called yet - waiting to receive the actual card first.
But I wonder - who is in the position to match: BoA or Alaska Airlines? And would love to hear the outcome of those who tried to match.

I tried BOA, no match, but offer statement credit for the lost....
Old Jun 4, 16, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by catcathk View Post
boys?
Old Jun 4, 16, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by catcathk View Post
How much statement credit ?
Old Jun 5, 16, 9:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RobertHanson View Post
boys?
The boys of summer?
Old Jun 5, 16, 10:21 am

The boys of summer?
Was really thinking of the Lost Boys of Peter Pan....

http://neverpedia.com/wiki/images/th...tBoys-2003.jpg
Old Jun 5, 16, 2:28 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Anyone know when the biz card will get 30K too?
Old Jun 6, 16, 7:53 am

Just got denied of the 30K due to too many recent inquires. Recon rep didnt specify how many were too many and said it was always their policy.
Old Jun 6, 16, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RobertHanson View Post
Unless their policies have recently changed, and I doubt they have, for that to happen they have to replace the card that was approved with a different card. Since that increases the AF from $50 to $75, by Federal Law the process to do that takes around 2 months. In which case they should have told you that. Plus the CSR can't do that on his own, he has to petition Customer Service to cancel the approved card and approve the new card. It doesn't seem they mentioned any of that to you, which has me worried. I'd HUCA and get a second opinion on what is being done.
Of course, you were right, they still gave me a Platinum card. Now let's hope that the guy actually did petition for me to upgrade to a Visa Signature card and I will get the rest of the bonus miles in about 2 months. Is there any thing I need to do beside keep an eye on the account? Thanks

Search this Thread