Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 20, 18, 9:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Jun 1, 16, 1:59 pm
Original Member

No foreign transaction fee for personal card!

The personal card no longer has a foreign transaction fee. ('bout time...). The business card still has a 3% foreign transaction fee.
Old Jun 1, 16, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pgary View Post
The personal card no longer has a foreign transaction fee. ('bout time...). The business card still has a 3% foreign transaction fee.
It's not clear to me whether the business card is "up to date", given that it still gives only 25k miles upon approval (even on the BofA site itself). It could be that they're planning to update it to match the personal card more closely, but that it will take longer.
Old Jun 1, 16, 3:31 pm

So there is no $100 credit on personal card now?
Old Jun 1, 16, 4:55 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Congratulations, your credit card application has been approved with a $18000 credit line! You will receive your credit card within 7 to 10 days and the Welcome Package within 10 to 14 days at the address you provided.

Used link with no minimum purchase required. This is my 3rd card, closed one about 2 weeks ago, have 2 now one with spend and statement credit and one without.
Old Jun 1, 16, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by mak101 View Post
So there is no $100 credit on personal card now?
30k + $100 is now available: http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...a-30k-and-100/
Old Jun 1, 16, 6:01 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit View Post
Understand you have to go to alaskaair.com and plan to book a flight. At the purchase point the invite to apply pops up. You can then apply w/o purchasing a flight.
Old Jun 1, 16, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit View Post
darn it... I just pulled the trigger on the 25k bonus one (with $100 credit) yesterday... I think I am gonna definitely contact BoA and ask for the extra 5000 miles.
Old Jun 1, 16, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by eajusa View Post
Understand you have to go to alaskaair.com and plan to book a flight. At the purchase point the invite to apply pops up. You can then apply w/o purchasing a flight.
There is now a direct link: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
Old Jun 2, 16, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc View Post
darn it... I just pulled the trigger on the 25k bonus one (with $100 credit) yesterday... I think I am gonna definitely contact BoA and ask for the extra 5000 miles.
Outcome please. I applied for the 25k May 25th and wondering if I will be matched to the new 30k with $100 statement.

Also, applied May 25th, 25k bonuses in account on May 26th

Last edited by metoo; Jun 2, 16 at 6:11 am
Old Jun 2, 16, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by pgary View Post
just recvd my NEW biz card-- flyer enclosed --"NO F X FEE"
Old Jun 2, 16, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Some facts:

I closed my last Alaska personal card with 20k CL last week ( should have lowered the CL first before cancel, i know now). Then, I applied for the new personal card with 30k AS miles + $100 credit last night ( another mistake, i haven't follow this thread for a while) and got approved for 3k CL. Called this morning and the credit analyst was able to move 6K from another BoA Travel Award card to this and upgrade the new card to a Signature Visa card with a total combined of 9k. I asked and he said yes, I will receive the normal bonus miles of the signature card. Somehow, I don't have a good feeling about that.
Well, it is what it is. At the very least, I learned two important things so when I apply for my wife, hopefully we will have a better results

PS: Never happened to me, my previous Alaska cards are always some of the very high CL , 18K-25k

Last edited by Peter_Ng; Jun 2, 16 at 8:30 am
Old Jun 2, 16, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Peter_Ng View Post
the credit analyst was able to move 6K from another BoA Travel Award card to this and upgrade the new card to a Signature Visa card with a total combined of 9k. I asked and he said yes, I will receive the normal bonus miles of the signature card. Somehow, I don't have a good feeling about that.
Unless their policies have recently changed, and I doubt they have, for that to happen they have to replace the card that was approved with a different card. Since that increases the AF from $50 to $75, by Federal Law the process to do that takes around 2 months. In which case they should have told you that. Plus the CSR can't do that on his own, he has to petition Customer Service to cancel the approved card and approve the new card. It doesn't seem they mentioned any of that to you, which has me worried. I'd HUCA and get a second opinion on what is being done.
Old Jun 2, 16, 11:12 am
Suspended

Anyone ever have a BoA cc app that gets stuck permanently in "review in progress" ?
Old Jun 2, 16, 11:29 am

I applied for the 25K +100 a week ago, and called in to ask for the 5,000 miles I missed out on. They said no, that miles are attached to an application date, and I applied before June 1st. She said I'd have to re-apply for this new card.

But I'd probably get declined.
Old Jun 2, 16, 4:52 pm

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
Originally Posted by ninim2200 View Post
next time if i have more time i will fix others mistakes.
Classy.

Search this Thread