Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Looks like the personal AS Visa is gone from BofA website.
Keep in mind that in just over a week BofA will be completely relaunching the AS Visa card, with the new benefits, new offers, etc. So they probably decided to first eliminate any of the old mentions, lest it become confusing in case a mix of old and new mentions were to be around in the coming days.

BofA doesn't necessarily control what Alaska Airlines displays on their website, so that may be why Alaska Airlines is leaving the current version up longer.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Keep in mind that in just over a week BofA will be completely relaunching the AS Visa card, with the new benefits, new offers, etc. So they probably decided to first eliminate any of the old mentions, lest it become confusing in case a mix of old and new mentions were to be around in the coming days.

BofA doesn't necessarily control what Alaska Airlines displays on their website, so that may be why Alaska Airlines is leaving the current version up longer.
It's not a sign of divorce coming up?
Old May 25, 2016, 6:54 am

Just applied using wiki link and had instant approval. $100 credit is still there on application.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
It's not a sign of divorce coming up?
No, why should it be? BofA announced earlier that the card is being relaunched June 1. It was covered in this thread at the time.

Many companies temporarily take something down something (in its old form) from a website in preparation for re-launching it.

Why therefore should the disappearance of the card from the BofA site just a week before the planned relaunched therefore mean an upcoming divorce rather than a technical preparation for the relaunch?
Old May 25, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I guess it won't be less than 25K signup, any idea if the $100 credit will remain after 6/1?
Old May 25, 2016, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mhdena
I guess it won't be less than 25K signup
It's already been announced that it will be 30k.

Originally Posted by mhdena
any idea if the $100 credit will remain after 6/1?
How would you expect to structure it?

It's also been announced that they'll introduce the need for minimum spend ($2k?) to get that 30k (as opposed to the 25k up to now having been just been upon account approval).

Remember, the $100 credit was what was triggered (up to now) by initial spend. But starting next month, initial spend will trigger something different (the signup bonus itself). So what would trigger the $100 spend, starting next month, if the initial spend triggers something else?

I thus don't expect the $100 credit to continue simply because I don't understand what they would ask you to do to earn it. But if you can figure out something, then maybe they'll have figured it out too and do it?
Old May 25, 2016, 10:46 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney

It's also been announced that they'll introduce the need for minimum spend ($2k?) to get that 30k (as opposed to the 25k up to now having been just been upon account approval).

Remember, the $100 credit was what was triggered (up to now) by initial spend. But starting next month, initial spend will trigger something different (the signup bonus itself). So what would trigger the $100 spend, starting next month, if the initial spend triggers something else?

I thus don't expect the $100 credit to continue simply because I don't understand what they would ask you to do to earn it. But if you can figure out something, then maybe they'll have figured it out too and do it?
Well, I did get a 40K mile (matched to 50K) sign up bonus and a $100 statement credit on my last AAdvantage Platinum card so surely it's doable. No?
Old May 25, 2016, 11:31 pm

Last Friday I applied for two personal AS card using 2bm but one of my application was approved with $2900 and another one got pending message. I called right away and CSR asked my why I applied for two card and I said I applied for first one and thought didn't go through and then reapplied again. Then I asked him to cancel the first one and approve the second one for sig card. He cancelled the first one immediately and then he tried to reopen the second app but after 10 minutes on hold he came back and told me that another credit analyst or supervisor should review that and it may take 2 to 3 days. I called back on Monday and it was still on review but Tuesday morning I was approved for Sig card with 5k limit and they expedited it to me. I also didn't get 2nd HP. Before this I had another AS card with 11k initial CL which I decreased to 3k two days before my app. I think I had to wait more than 2 days to get instant signature card.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:23 am

Sadly, I too am expecting the statement credit to go away. So with this new app we are essentially paying $100 for 5K miles. Not as good a deal for us, but much better for B/A, which was paying out that $100 for only $1K of spend. Now they get double the min spnd and keep the cash.

I'm guessing the whole point of the relaunch is to stop paying people to get card after card, which they only spend $1K on, then sock drawer it, and in 3 months get another. Raising the bonus to 30K makes it seem like not such a downgrade.

I much prefer the current offer, but they didn't ask me.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:11 am

Anniversary for my BofA Alaska card coming up... are people getting any retention offers? My wife didn't and converted to one of their cash back cards a couple weeks ago.
Old May 26, 2016, 11:43 am

The 30K offers are starting to appear in BoA's online banking.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Anniversary for my BofA Alaska card coming up... are people getting any retention offers? My wife didn't and converted to one of their cash back cards a couple weeks ago.
5K miles on personal, 5K + $75 on business cards
Old May 26, 2016, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
Well, I did get a 40K mile (matched to 50K) sign up bonus and a $100 statement credit on my last AAdvantage Platinum card so surely it's doable. No?
I didn't say it wasn't doable. I just said it wasn't obvious how they'd transition to it. The AA card didn't come from a background where the 40k was "upon approval" and the $100 statement credit was after minimum spend. The AS card is coming from such a background, so if they still want to offer a $100 statement credit they have to come up with some sort of other "trigger" for it. I'm not saying they can't, it's just not "obvious" what that other trigger would be.

Besides, wasn't there already in the past a situation where (for a limited time) you could choose between the 25k offer with a $100 statement credit or a 30k offer with no statement credit? IIRC therefore there's already a precedent for the statement credit with the AS card going away once the number of miles you get go up.

Anyhow, why worry about guessing what will happen? We'll find out soon enough; June 1 is not that far away any more.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:03 pm

any thoughts on what will happen with the business card? sorry if I missed it somewhere, read a lot, didn't see it
Old May 27, 2016, 9:39 am
Suspended

New Visa now available on BofA: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.