Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
Call up BoA - they can clean up the payments page for you and delete card carcasses
Ok, but that doesn't solve the problem than any payments I make not using that page (but rather the "pay bill" link from the account details page) doesn't update the payments page automatically. So since I usually use the "pay bill" link from the account details page, the current cards on the payment page claim that I'm overdue on payments, which is not at all true. Also, if I have cards that have no balance a particular month, it still says my payment of $0.00 is overdue! )
Old May 10, 2016, 7:47 pm

Data Point: two browsers trick still works

Applied for the AMEX platinum 100k yesterday, and got instant approve. Decided to do a little app-o-rama as well. Applied for Alaska Air credit cards in two browsers (one in incognito mode). Both instant approval as well, and I got two distinct account numbers. Was going to wait for the 30K offer. But this turned out working just fine.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by zhaofl
Applied for the AMEX platinum 100k yesterday, and got instant approve. Decided to do a little app-o-rama as well. Applied for Alaska Air credit cards in two browsers (one in incognito mode). Both instant approval as well, and I got two distinct account numbers. Was going to wait for the 30K offer. But this turned out working just fine.
just make sure you got approved for 5k credit limit or more to get the signature card.
Old May 11, 2016, 1:32 am
Suspended

Applied yesterday and got approved with $1,000 CL. What a waste.
Old May 11, 2016, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by ninim2200
just make sure you got approved for 5k credit limit or more to get the signature card.
Got the same 21k credit limit on both approvals. Was wondering if it was a duplicate. Check and find out the account numbers are different.
Old May 11, 2016, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
If you'd have read back a ways on this thread, you would have seen the thing to do in your case is to immediately reapply, since doing that the same day means the HPs will combine and only register as one. The second app almost never goes thru, at which point you would call Recon and have a good chance of getting the pending app to be approved as a Sig card. Following which you cancel the Plat card from the first app. To have this work with a total of one HP, all of the steps have to be done the same day. And during regular business hours, since B/A Recon keeps "bankers hours".
Old May 11, 2016, 8:31 am
Suspended

Good plan for next time Mr. Hanson
Old May 11, 2016, 12:25 pm

Got the same 21k credit limit on both approvals. Was wondering if it was a duplicate. Check and find out the account numbers are different.
Just curious...how many AS cards have you had previously? And when were you last approved? And were they personal and/or business cards?

I'm planning to test the 2 browser method at the end of the month for my second and third personal cards.
Old May 11, 2016, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by wiggilyjiggily
Just curious...how many AS cards have you had previously? And when were you last approved? And were they personal and/or business cards?

I'm planning to test the 2 browser method at the end of the month for my second and third personal cards.
First time applying for AS cards, both personal cards.
Old May 11, 2016, 9:53 pm

First time applying for AS cards, both personal cards.
So you hit submit at the same time? Is this a loophole where you are allowed to apply for two BofA Alaskan personal cards? What's the usual wait between cards? I might do this for the 30k coming up
Old May 12, 2016, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Same thing here three days ago. You closing the card immediately?
Old May 12, 2016, 7:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Willbur
Same thing here three days ago. You closing the card immediately?
Yes but after the 5k points post.
Old May 12, 2016, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by xeal
So you hit submit at the same time? Is this a loophole where you are allowed to apply for two BofA Alaskan personal cards? What's the usual wait between cards? I might do this for the 30k coming up
I hit one submit first, got instant approval, then sent the second submit. I don't think it is any loophole. The BoA system will allow the second application. Other post has indicated that you can send the second application within the same business day. Though you may not necessarily got instant approval on the second one.
Old May 12, 2016, 6:38 pm

never mind

Last edited by windaria; May 21, 2016 at 8:10 pm
Old May 13, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: Food Lion MVP
Retention Offers - 5/13/16

Personal None - Closed
Business 5,000 Miles - Accepted

ymmv

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.