Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 20, 18, 9:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Apr 14, 16, 2:06 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by joer1212 View Post
The glory days, when you could be approved for 3 cards every 90 days, are clearly over. Too bad I showed up too late to the party.
The days of 3 cards per 90 days were not glory days. The glory days were before MMS bowtie bragged about getting 5 in 1 day.
Old Apr 14, 16, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by joer1212 View Post
I was only approved for 1 card out of 3 after waiting over 90 days.
So is it 1 AS every 90-days or any BoA which includes VS etc.?
Old Apr 14, 16, 10:35 am

i think you guys need to take it easy on this card, may be try 1 personal and one business every 90+ days or when the app falls off of your online status page, the abuse and the complaints about this card is unreal
Old Apr 15, 16, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
The 30k offer in May was in some BofA training info or something like that, so it's more official than an unsourced rumor. But it's not as official as a public announcement.

And it said "May", not a specific date in May. (For training purposes or whatever, a specific date was not needed!)

We have not heard anything so far other than that info (which included that for the first time minimum spend will be necessary to get the bonus) a couple months ago. We don't know, for example, whether the $100 statement credit (on some versions of the offer) will totally disappear at that time or not. We don't know whether they'll insert anti-churning language (a la Citi and Amex) in the new offers or not. We don't know if they'll switch over to the new offer "instantly", or have overlap, or have a "dead period" where all old offers disappear before new offers appear.

So if you're worried about any of those things, and it's been 3 months or more since you last applied, you might want to get another application in for the 25k with $100 statement credit now, and not have to be the first guinea pig of the new offer.
I was going to wait for May's 30K offer to come around before applying but after reading these, I think I might as well apply now. 5K miles isn't going to make much of a difference. If BoA does up the offer to 30K and does not change anything for the negative, I could always ask for a sign on bonus match. Worse is they'll say no.
Old Apr 15, 16, 9:15 pm

Once you close your AS card, and it is your only BoA card, will you still be able to log into your online account? I can't anymore but it could just be that I forgot my password.
Old Apr 15, 16, 9:38 pm

I hear that BoA is reluctant to approve if you already have 3 (or more) of the same cards open. Would it make sense to close some (even though opened 3 months ago) to increase chances of being approved for more? I wonder if someone has any recent datapoint to share as to the number of AS cards open and whether the number influences the approval process.
Old Apr 17, 16, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by gq_dq View Post
So is it 1 AS every 90-days or any BoA which includes VS etc.?
I think they're mostly restricting these AS cards to close the loophole that allows you to attain 25k miles for just $75.
Old Apr 20, 16, 5:59 pm

I have 1 personal (CL lowered from $17k to $8k) and 1 business cards ($8k CL) approved late February 2016. I see a lot of people who have 2 personal cards. Does this mean I can just apply for another personal card and the chances are pretty high?

Or just wait to cancel my cards and apply again later for both personal and business?
Old Apr 22, 16, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wiggilyjiggily View Post
I have 1 personal (CL lowered from $17k to $8k) and 1 business cards ($8k CL) approved late February 2016. I see a lot of people who have 2 personal cards. Does this mean I can just apply for another personal card and the chances are pretty high?
Perhaps, but:

1. The general consensus is to wait at least 90 days before you apply again, and that'll put you into late May 2016.

2. It's all could change by then. BofA has semi-announced (an internal announcement was leaked) that sometime in May they expect to change it so that BofA cards will require minimum spend to get the bonus. What they haven't explained is whether anything else (like the ability to churn "fairly quickly") will change at the same time.
Old Apr 22, 16, 2:24 pm

Perhaps, but:

1. The general consensus is to wait at least 90 days before you apply again, and that'll put you into late May 2016.

2. It's all could change by then. BofA has semi-announced (an internal announcement was leaked) that sometime in May they expect to change it so that BofA cards will require minimum spend to get the bonus. What they haven't explained is whether anything else (like the ability to churn "fairly quickly") will change at the same time.
Sounds good. Will probably wait until late May.

This may have been answered in the previous posts but how many weeks do you want to give yourself after you've canceled your cards to apply again just to be safe?

Looks like the 30k bonus will now be June 1? Yeah we'll see what kind of restrictive language they'll put in...
Old Apr 23, 16, 10:34 am

how many weeks do you want to give yourself after you've canceled your cards to apply again just to be safe?
I would think that it would be good to wait a month or more, but myself I canceled one of my two Alaska cards (each of which had been opened over six months ago) just 2 weeks ago, then just applied for a new one again today - and was approved. Each person's case may be different, but it seems that there is no need to wait all that long before re-applying (as long as you haven't applied for another Alaska card in the last 90 days - which is to keep things on the safe side).
Old Apr 23, 16, 10:40 am

Nevermind, I called customer service and for some reason everything was moved to a new account. I still have the miles.

Last edited by jodawg; Apr 23, 16 at 11:04 am
Old Apr 23, 16, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This may have been answered in the previous posts but how many weeks do you want to give yourself after you've canceled your cards to apply again just to be safe?
More important than cancelling at this point is reducing your credit limit, especially if you've mostly stopped using the card, ASAP. Right now that matters, but cancelling doesn't.

At present, there is no need to cancel, and we don't know if with the new offer it'll be better to cancel or not cancel (at Citi, for example, cancelling is much worse than holding on to the card, while at Chase it's the exact opposite).

Even if you're going to cancel soon, first you want to lower the credit limit and then wait a bit. Credit limit that's lowered on an existing card is available for new applications a lot sooner than credit limit from a cancelled card.
Old Apr 23, 16, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by TOMFORD View Post
Once you close your AS card, and it is your only BoA card, will you still be able to log into your online account? I can't anymore but it could just be that I forgot my password.
No, unless you have other cards with B of A, your access ends when the card is closed. While B of A probably has their reasons, from my perspective, I choose to regard this as the usual passive-aggressive anti-customer behavior of B of A.
Old Apr 24, 16, 1:20 am

Perhaps, but:

There is an updated date for the 30k offer: Jun 1st 2016:

http://blog.wandr.me/2016/04/alaska-...-winning-play/

Search this Thread