Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:53 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I didn't see any info in the WIKI about what Alaskan miles can be used for besides flying on Alaskan, from my search it seems I may be able to use the miles on DL and AA but can't seem to find any instructions on how to do so.
This will help. Alaskan Airlines Partners
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:26 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Has anyone ever been auto-approved on a business application?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by flyer4512
I didn't see any info in the WIKI about what Alaskan miles can be used for besides flying on Alaskan, from my search it seems I may be able to use the miles on DL and AA but can't seem to find any instructions on how to do so.

Is there a thread out there someplace with more info ?

Thanks

EDIT, found my answer

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/1...irlines-miles/
Along with that good post, they show all the carriers and award chart on the Alaskan Air website.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Early this year I was, but I hadn't previously had any BoA biz cards.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:15 am

Yes-last month
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Willbur
To be clear, this was a second AS card applied for in the same day after waiting 90 days from the prior AS card?
After waiting 90 days.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
Originally Posted by Happy
An what excuse you would make up to justify the 2nd personal card now you also have a business card in place? Tell them you want another sign up bonus?
UPDATE: Despite Happy's negative response when I asked if anyone had had success mailing a recon request to the address on the Bof A denial letter, I sent a letter to that address laying out the reasons I was applying of this additional card, and noting my long history with Bof A (since 1977,) and today was approved for my third Alaska card (second personal to go with one business card,) reversing my only phone re-con denial ever!
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:26 pm

So the points just post to my account, and I got an email yesterday telling me about the card and the 25k bonus, it's like they wanting me to sign up for another card already lol.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 9:39 am

Yes.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Eonflux
So the points just post to my account, and I got an email yesterday telling me about the card and the 25k bonus, it's like they wanting me to sign up for another card already lol.
I believe that is an auto email based on getting a AS miles account.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Ah... finally they have posted an statement online. And of course the number is on there showing miles being sent to AS. ...
My account cycle closed on Nov 8th, but nothing over to AS yet. Anyone know when the transfer that data over to AS?
Old Nov 15, 2015, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
My account cycle closed on Nov 8th, but nothing over to AS yet. Anyone know when the transfer that data over to AS?
I believed BOA sent data over in batches, so there is no fix dates/interval when you will see your miles post, but most of the time it happens within 1-2 weeks.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Okay, here is a data point for folks.

My Nov 7 and 8 closing dates both posted on Nov 15th. They show the Nov 7 and 8 dates on the AS site.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by brc01
After waiting 90 days.
I'm going to wait 90 days and try for another too..
Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:39 pm

I'm a noob to the BofA Alaskan CC, but in the last 2 weeks, I've got 3 mailers in my mailbox for a 30k offer to get one of these CC's, each with its unique referral code. Can I sign up for all 3 at the same time?

Reading thru the last 3 pages, seems folks are doing a 90 day wait between apps? Thing is, the 30k bonus will expire in early Dec.

Anyways, thoughts on my idea? Probably won't fly, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.