Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: SPG, SW Air, AA, all of'em!
Originally Posted by Happy
http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/20...NzgzNjE4ODQ3S0

How to Get a $60,000 Emirates First-Class Flight for $300
At least Sam does not go into extreme step-by-step detail and makes you dig for it via multiple clicks. And Conde-Nast glazes over the mechanics to do it!
Old Oct 30, 2015, 9:49 am
rev

Originally Posted by fletchbo
At least Sam does not go into extreme step-by-step detail and makes you dig for it via multiple clicks. And Conde-Nast glazes over the mechanics to do it!
It's true. Could've been worse, as long as we don't get a string of new threads like 'I read on a blog I could apply to 5 cards at once why won't they approve me'...soon to be yelling at the money desk managers at WM why they cant load $5k in GCs to Serve.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:05 pm

Approved for Alaska Bus card today and then applied for personal. No decision. Should I call or just let it ride?

Update: Checked online app status - shows denied. Don't want to push it by calling in at this time.

Last edited by CherylD; Oct 30, 2015 at 1:36 pm
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:19 am

So I tried this just now using the $100 statement credit on Alaska airline booking page. Got approved for 13k CL with a 14.24% so I'm guessing that's the visa signature card? Is there another card beside the business version of this I can apply? Also I didn't have a mileage account with Alaska at the time, did they create one for me when I applied?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Eonflux
Got approved for 13k CL with a 14.24% so I'm guessing that's the visa signature card?
yes.

Is there another card beside the business version of this I can apply?
no.

Also I didn't have a mileage account with Alaska at the time, did they create one for me when I applied?
yes.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:27 pm

Goal: 75k points
Goal time period: 6 months max
Hp last 6 months: 2
Fico: 800
Credit history of 15 years:

What is the proper way to get 75k via as signups? Should i try and sign up for a bus and a personal now then wait 4-5 months and try for another personal? What are the odds of successfully pulling this off?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
yes.

no.

yes.
Thanks your replying, what confusing me is that I saw on the application there are rates for the platinum AS card and another variation. How do they determine which card you get??? Does it have anything to do with your credit history and score? Also if I want to I can still apply to the biz card and get another 25k mile on my mileage account?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:05 pm
rev

Thanks your replying, what confusing me is that I saw on the application there are rates for the platinum AS card and another variation. How do they determine which card you get??? Does it have anything to do with your credit history and score? Also if I want to I can still apply to the biz card and get another 25k mile on my mileage account?
Generally, $5k limit and up = Sig; <$5k limit = Plat

Like any CC your history and score weigh in, but lately it seems AS cards have a lot to do with your history with BofA since they've been cracking down on people abusing the bonuses lately. That being said people are still opening multiple cards successfully (though some not so much), but much more spread out than before. You can go for the biz, but I'd be ready for a recon call.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also if I want to I can still apply to the biz card and get another 25k mile on my mileage account?
Yes, but you should probably wait at least until you get the Alaska Airlines account number that BofA will be creating for you, and then put that number into your business card application.

Otherwise BofA will generate yet another Alaska Airlines account number for you (they won't look up the previous account they created for the card you just applied for), and even if those two accounts can be combined later, it'll call attention to Alaska about your heavy churning, and Alaska may not take kindly to having that called to their attention:
If I were you, I'd recommend earning Alaska miles some other way besides just churning credit cards, for example using Alaska MileagePlan Dining here and there (assuming they have participating restaurants near you or near where you're traveling), and/or having a hotel stay or a car rental (or a flight on either Alaska or AA or Delta) post to Alaska, etc.

The more varied the miles earning in your Alaska account looks, the less obvious two (or more) card applications will be among that. Plus you'll "smell" like a legitimate Alaska Airlines enthusiast, rather than just someone trying to trick the system.

Last edited by sdsearch; Nov 3, 2015 at 7:30 pm
Old Nov 4, 2015, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yes, but you should probably wait at least until you get the Alaska Airlines account number that BofA will be creating for you, and then put that number into your business card application.

Otherwise BofA will generate yet another Alaska Airlines account number for you (they won't look up the previous account they created for the card you just applied for), and even if those two accounts can be combined later, it'll call attention to Alaska about your heavy churning, and Alaska may not take kindly to having that called to their attention:
If I were you, I'd recommend earning Alaska miles some other way besides just churning credit cards, for example using Alaska MileagePlan Dining here and there (assuming they have participating restaurants near you or near where you're traveling), and/or having a hotel stay or a car rental (or a flight on either Alaska or AA or Delta) post to Alaska, etc.

The more varied the miles earning in your Alaska account looks, the less obvious two (or more) card applications will be among that. Plus you'll "smell" like a legitimate Alaska Airlines enthusiast, rather than just someone trying to trick the system.
Thanks! I was thinking about waiting until I get my card and then called them to reduced my credit line before even trying to apply for the biz card. The dinning program they have is the same ones as American Airlines dinner program, same restaurants in my area. I'll keep that in mind the next time I dine out.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 10:48 am

Anyone know if I will get 1 free checked bag if I have this card BUT booked my ticket using another credit card? I am flying Alaska to Seattle and Hawaii , but paid for it with a Chase card :-(
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by show_me_the_points
Anyone know if I will get 1 free checked bag if I have this card BUT booked my ticket using another credit card? I am flying Alaska to Seattle and Hawaii , but paid for it with a Chase card :-(
Originally Posted by Terms & Conditions
First Checked Bag Free benefit: Primary cardholders of the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® consumer credit card who have an open account at the time of travel and up to six (6) companions traveling on the same reservation may check one bag free of charge on qualifying reservations. Qualifying reservations include flights marketed by Alaska Airlines and operated by Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, SkyWest or PenAir (codeshare flights operated by other carriers are not eligible). Primary cardholder must be an Alaska Airlines Mileage PlanTM member and the Mileage Plan number must be included in the reservation at the time of check-in. For reservations made with Group Booking Codes or through the Group Desk, individual travelers must qualify for the benefit. Baggage restrictions apply. See alaskaair.com/bagrules for complete baggage rules. Payment with the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card is not required to qualify for this benefit.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
What if only the 2nd leg of the trip is on AS and the others on AA?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
BoA is getting really aggressive regarding "duplicate" applications.
9/6 App1, denied.
10/25 App2. Got "processing" information.
11/4 called recon, and BoA thinks both apps are duplicated, but approved one card over the phone.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! I was thinking about waiting until I get my card and then called them to reduced my credit line before even trying to apply for the biz card.
One thing I forgot to mention before: When you get your card, you will hopefully have your Alaska Airlines membership number (that was generated for you) at the bottom of the card, in small type. If not, BofA will presumably later send you another card with that on it (that happened once to me, though in my case I had entered my existing Alaska Airlines membership number when applying for the card, but they still forgot to put it on the first card they sent me).

Also, you have to allow some time (at least several weeks?) after reducing the credit line on an existing card before it's likely to be available for a new card application.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.