Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by bjones2571
Is it possible to get an instant approval with Exp. frozen? I have way more Exp. pulls than TU, and would like to let Exp. cool off a bit.
Anyone have any data points on getting approved with a Experian security freeze? TIA!
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by bjones2571
Anyone have any data points on getting approved with a Experian security freeze? TIA!
I ALWAYS freeze my EX report before applying and then I call in and have them pull Transunion. I am 4/4 on applications using this method.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:41 pm

This did not work out for me. I froze Experian. Applied. Got a denial, and the CSR will not talk to me about it. She just says that I will get a letter and I can write if I want to.

Now, Experian won't let me unfreeze. I have to mail in a bunch of documentation so it will be some time until I can apply for other cards.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:54 pm

Should have known...HUCA fixed it! Another CSR checked TU and approved me.

Originally Posted by waylook
This did not work out for me. I froze Experian. Applied. Got a denial, and the CSR will not talk to me about it. She just says that I will get a letter and I can write if I want to.

Now, Experian won't let me unfreeze. I have to mail in a bunch of documentation so it will be some time until I can apply for other cards.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 4:32 pm

Experian system is a mess. Don't believe any of that "send documents" staff.
Just try to unfreeze again, use the phone instead of online.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 4:45 pm

The automated system on the phone didn't work either. I am going to mail in the docs that they are asking for. I really hope it doesn't take a long time. I had hoped to apply for some other cards today, but I guess not.

Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Experian system is a mess. Don't believe any of that "send documents" staff.
Just try to unfreeze again, use the phone instead of online.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 5:02 pm

The automated system on the phone didn't work either.
try again
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Jesperss
Yes, always within a month.

When you received the card in the mail you should have also received a letter confirming the $100 credit
Thanks. The $100 statement credit wasn't mentioned in any of the three mails (i.e. congratulations with credit score, PIN number, and the card) I received. I am keeping my fingers crossed to see it on the next statement.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:04 am

Applied today for 1 personal and 1 business card.

Personal approved after call. They pulled Trans Union since my Experian is frozen.

Business apparently approved instantly but I didn't know it because the web page got stuck in waiting mode. When I called they said it was approved based on Equifax pull. Not sure if that's because my Experian is frozen or if that's normal for Colorado Bus. Apps.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Denver Enzo
Applied today for 1 personal and 1 business card.

Personal approved after call. They pulled Trans Union since my Experian is frozen.

Business apparently approved instantly but I didn't know it because the web page got stuck in waiting mode. When I called they said it was approved based on Equifax pull. Not sure if that's because my Experian is frozen or if that's normal for Colorado Bus. Apps.
I'm in CO too. I did 2 personal cards on the same day and the first was instant approval. The 2nd said pending in the status checker, but when I called they said it was marked for approval. Three weeks later it was approved and now a month later I haven't gotten the card still. Par for the course I think.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
My wife applied for a business card a couple of weeks ago (sole proprietor). Today she received a letter asking for a ton of documents. (Proof of business ownership, verification of legal structure, documents IN THE COMPANY NAME showing address). They pulled both Trans Union and Equifax.

Anyone else had such a request?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by deant
My wife applied for a business card a couple of weeks ago (sole proprietor). Today she received a letter asking for a ton of documents. (Proof of business ownership, verification of legal structure, documents IN THE COMPANY NAME showing address). They pulled both Trans Union and Equifax.

Does she have a legit business? If not figure you won't get the card. It's always a crap shoot if you're trying to get a Biz card without a business.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:56 am

I was just now approved for the personal card 17k and biz 10.5 --- is it still safe to do "one more" personal card?- or just smarter to wait a few months
Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by deant

I applied 6 months ago for a business card, i have had my business since 2008, my application went to pending so i called and the amount of questions i got was insane, i never in my life answered so many detailed questions from how many clients do i have to what software do i use, mid through the conversation i was going to tell the CSR to take that card and shove it you know where, but i kept it cool and went with it and i got the card, but i will never call them again for a business card, it was ridiculous, on the other hand another a family member got the card no questions asked, and he has no business..., so if you really want the card and you have the docs they want you can send it, if its not worth it for you don't do it.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by SPLP007
I was just now approved for the personal card 17k and biz 10.5 --- is it still safe to do "one more" personal card?- or just smarter to wait a few months
do you feel lucky to apply for one more, or do you think that this is worth Alaska looking at your account and may hijack the miles from it, you are the only judge to your situation.

Last edited by ninim2200; Sep 25, 2015 at 11:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.