Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old May 28, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Sorry to ask the question but I did a search and didn't come up with a good answer.

Background: Just applied for Alaska Visa Sig Card (w/$100 credit). Went under review; called reconsideration line and got it approved a few minutes ago.
We are planning a trip to Seattle for 4 July weekend and I'd like to use the card benefits.
Just prior to applying for the card, I opened an Alaska FF account.

2 Question: How long does it take to get the credit card?
Any workarounds that you can think of to use the credit card number to buy my Alaska ticket and use the companion fare?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 28, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Noobietraveler
Is the 90 day wait period between app a guideline or a rule?Thanks
Too early to say. AFAIK the first we've heard of that is today. Up until recently people were getting multiple cards per day. So we will need more data points to be able to say anything for sure.
Old May 28, 2015, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
2 Question: How long does it take to get the credit card?
Any workarounds that you can think of to use the credit card number to buy my Alaska ticket and use the companion fare?
Granted I was approved instantly, but it gave me an option to copy my card number, expiration, etc. so you could use it online immediately. I was approved last Thursday and I am waiting for my card. I believe your companion fare coupon should be loaded to your Alaska account, but somebody who has used it before would be better to comment.
Old May 28, 2015, 9:47 pm

Applied May 13th, received card on May 23rd
Old May 28, 2015, 9:58 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by metoo
That's about par.
Old May 29, 2015, 3:43 am
Suspended

Does anyone know how many miles it would require to book a biz class from ORD to SYD via Cathay Pacific? I think 60k but just double checking.
Old May 29, 2015, 7:24 am

I applied for 2 cards on 5/22 (about a half hour apart) and both went pending. Didnt get around to calling until yesterday (5/28). The analyst couldnt have been friendlier or more willing to approve.

I initially provided only one application ID number, and he came back and noted that there were two applications in the system and asked if that was intentional. I explained that I wanted two cards, one for personal expenses and one for business reimbursed expenses. The rep said that was a great idea and that he would review both, then came back and said he could approve one card for $18k, but unfortunately that was all he could extend. I asked whether the 18k could be split across both cards, and the rep said absolutely, would an even split of 9k work? I said that would be great and he immediately approved both.

Confirmed via account login that both cards are there this morning, and both are Visa Signature. Rep confirmed the $100 statement credit during the initial conversation.

The apps were combined into only one hard pull (EXP).
Old May 29, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by MarkMColo
I applied for 2 cards on 5/22 (about a half hour apart) and both went pending. Didnt get around to calling until yesterday (5/28). The analyst couldnt have been friendlier or more willing to approve.

I initially provided only one application ID number, and he came back and noted that there were two applications in the system and asked if that was intentional. I explained that I wanted two cards, one for personal expenses and one for business reimbursed expenses. The rep said that was a great idea and that he would review both, then came back and said he could approve one card for $18k, but unfortunately that was all he could extend. I asked whether the 18k could be split across both cards, and the rep said absolutely, would an even split of 9k work? I said that would be great and he immediately approved both.

Confirmed via account login that both cards are there this morning, and both are Visa Signature. Rep confirmed the $100 statement credit during the initial conversation.

The apps were combined into only one hard pull (EXP).
^
Old May 29, 2015, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
... Mr. SD is also eligible (about to expire, though) , and the college aged SD qualified for the $300 bonus.
Tragic that Mr. SD is about to expire, but at least you got another 25K miles from his eligibility.
Old May 29, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Granted I was approved instantly, but it gave me an option to copy my card number, expiration, etc. so you could use it online immediately. I was approved last Thursday and I am waiting for my card. I believe your companion fare coupon should be loaded to your Alaska account, but somebody who has used it before would be better to comment.
Originally Posted by metoo
Thanks for the information. My 25K miles hasn't shown up in my account yet, so I'll use that as my cue to start my 10 day clock.
I may need to call in order to get the credit card number though; don't know how long the price will stay down on the tickets. ... still figuring out how best way to work upgrades to F.
Old May 29, 2015, 12:12 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to check if anyone has a datapoint on the minimum time required before applying a new card?
Theres no mention about it in the WIKi and i have other posts here of folks saying they have applied 2 cards at once either through 2BM or 3BM and call up the reconsideration line to get it approved.
Once you get 2 cards approved when can you apply for others? There are some online blogs mentioning that they have applied 4-5 cards in a single day, not sure if this is still valid
Old May 29, 2015, 1:00 pm

I thought I'd post my experience with getting these cards. I applied for two personal 25k with $100 statement credit on 5/25.

One was approved instantly for $20k. The second said "Your application is in review." I called recon and they said that there was nothing they could do to take ownership of the application since it needed to be reviewed. HUCA. Again, they said I needed to wait for the application to be reviewed and noted that I had called earlier. That prompted me to wait a bit before calling again.

My first card showed up online some time during the week and I got some welcome email(s).

Four days later (today), I called about the second card. The analyst said that she would review the account and have a decision by the time I hung up. I was put on hold, then was approved for a second card with a $20k limit! No questions asked.

I was thanked for my history with BoA. One of my first credit cards was with BoA (unfortunately I closed that before I knew better). I still have one old card open with them, but nothing else. I've had a small checking account with them for years as well.
Old May 29, 2015, 2:26 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by infrequentfly3r
Tragic that Mr. SD is about to expire, but at least you got another 25K miles from his eligibility.

Hee hee
Old May 29, 2015, 5:24 pm

Statement credit

Is there a way to know if $100 statement credit offer is properly attached to your card without calling in? I got clueless agents who transferred me to Alaska Airlines call center.
Old May 29, 2015, 6:25 pm

I applied for 3 cards on 5/14. I was auto approved for the 1st one and had to call in for the second and third. The 2nd was approved right away but I had to transfer credit over to get the 3rd approved.

The 3rd one was pending for two weeks. I called in twice and both times was told that the card was approved but it was in process and I would get it shortly. Fast forward to today when I get a call from a representative saying that there is a new policy that they can only approved two cards and they had to decline my 3rd application. This despite me having a legitimate reason for three cards and a long history with bank of american

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.