Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
I applied for two Alaska cards yesterday. One went to pending, one denied outright. I had assumed the denial was because it was interpreted as a dupe, and could be flipped, as in previous attempts. So I called. First one I was able to get approved after answering some questions, but my sense was they were looking much more carefully than in the past. Several questions about why I wanted another AS card since I already had one. Eventually was approved.

Called back 30 minutes later to try and get the second one approved. Nope. They wouldn't consider it. Was told that I had applied for two cards, then questioned why. I gave my story about a new project at work, needing to keep those expenses separate, etc. Noting I said mattered, they didn't care, were not interested in my reasons. Agent was actually a bit hostile, completely different tone from previous BofA agents. It was clear they wouldn't budge. I asked what I could do, they said there was nothing I could do, the application was denied.

Maybe I just got a guy who was in a bad mood, or maybe I finally crossed some line (I have been quietly churning these for years, and never ran into any friction previously). Something seems very different now.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Brewer20
I applied to two Alaska Airlines cards, and a Fidelity Amex today. All went to pending.

Called in to recon and they were only able to approve 1 Alaska card and the Fidelity Amex, both for $10k credit lines. The agent quoted a policy of only approving 1 Alaska card per 90 days.

This matches an earlier posters experience. I'll try calling back later today to hopefully get the 2nd Alaska card approved.
Brewer20 or nwflyboy,
Which link did you use to apply? The standard or one with the $100 credit?
Old May 27, 2015, 2:08 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I just got back from opening a 25K Alaska Airline bonus checking account at BoA. Those of you with Alaska credit cards might also be eligible for this checking account bonus. Mr. SD is also eligible (about to expire, though) , and the college aged SD qualified for the $300 bonus. What a nice haul for the San Diego household today.

Thanks Doctor of Credit, for keeping these offers up to date.
Old May 27, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by cheapdad00
Brewer20 or nwflyboy,
Which link did you use to apply? The standard or one with the $100 credit?
The one with the $100 credit.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
Please update as you find out. My expectation for my next app would be to apply for at least 2 cards, as my first one always seems to be approved as a Plat. Then to call in for a card that went to pending or denied, and get that one approved as a Sig. But if the new rule is one per 90 days, that plan just went right out the window.
Here's an update...

Firstly, both apps were using the $100 statement credit link.

I called the number listed in the wiki again to have them look at my 2nd application. I was connected to a Sr. credit analyst (not sure if this makes a difference). Since my first card was approved for $10k, I suggested up front to split the $10k credit line to open the 2nd card, both cards would then be $5k.

He placed me on hold for a moment and came back with the 2nd card approved and I confirmed both are Visa Signature with $5k limits.

Perhaps a Sr. credit analyst has more authority to approve cards, or the first analyst thought two was enough and made up a reason to deny the first? No questions on why I wanted 3 cards today or anything about recent apps. (ahem Chase!)

Note: I didn't suggest splitting the $10k with the first analyst since I assumed he would have done that if he wanted too. I was happy to get the original two approved with him and wasn't going to argue. As soon as he said 2/3 were approved, I said thanks and planned to call back later.

Cliff notes: 2nd Alaska airlines card approved (3 total from FIA/BOA today).
Old May 27, 2015, 4:28 pm

Could someone tell me which bureau is pulled for this card application? I live in NY if that matters.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Light
Could someone tell me which bureau is pulled for this card application? I live in NY if that matters.
I'm in TX and they pulled Experian, according to the "price you pay for credit" letter I received yesterday.

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'll report back once I can find out. I'm tired of everybody hitting EQ. Barclays is the only one that hits TU for me.
So I applied for 1x Personal and 1x Biz on same day. Looks like the personal HP hit Experian (per the letter) and the biz HP hit Equifax (per Credit Karma). So no merge for me. Oh well. Lesson learned...

Last edited by krazykanuck; May 27, 2015 at 10:13 pm
Old May 28, 2015, 8:22 am

So my two accounts showed up online as Platinum Plus Visas.

Brugge, were you ever successful in getting your card converted to Visa Signature? Would you recommend I start with the recon phone number of customer service? Both cards already have $5k limit.

[update:] I called the recon number and the analyst submitted the request to convert the cards to VS. We'll see what happens...

Last edited by Brewer20; May 28, 2015 at 9:26 am
Old May 28, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'm in TX and they pulled Experian, according to the "price you pay for credit" letter I received yesterday.

So I applied for 1x Personal and 1x Biz on same day. Looks like the personal HP hit Experian (per the letter) and the biz HP hit Equifax (per Credit Karma). So no merge for me. Oh well. Lesson learned...
Did you really expect them to be merged? They are not merged because the pulls for the personal and biz apps come from different divisions. It's always been like that for most banks.
Old May 28, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
So my two accounts showed up online as Platinum Plus Visas.

Brugge, were you ever successful in getting your card converted to Visa Signature? Would you recommend I start with the recon phone number of customer service? Both cards already have $5k limit.

[update:] I called the recon number and the analyst submitted the request to convert the cards to VS. We'll see what happens...
Wait, your first card was approved for $10K, but it still turned out to be a Plat? With a $10K CL?

And Recon told you they were both eventually approved as Sig cards, but somewhere along the way they ended up as Plat cards? What the (heck) ?
Old May 28, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Brugge, were you ever successful in getting your card converted to Visa Signature?
Yes, twice in a row now I've gotten my Plat cards replaced, (not upgraded, that doesn't work) with Sig cards. It takes somewhere from 6 weeks to 2 months to get the paperwork done, and then a couple more weeks for the Sig cards to arrive in the mail. The Plat cards are sent out anyway, so don't assume that when they show up in your mailbox that the replacement process has failed. They will eventually be canceled when the Sig cards, with a different account number, get issued.
Old May 28, 2015, 10:26 am

Wait, your first card was approved for $10K, but it still turned out to be a Plat? With a $10K CL?

And Recon told you they were both eventually approved as Sig cards, but somewhere along the way they ended up as Plat cards? What the (heck) ?
Correct, the card that was originally approved for $10k, then reduced to $5k was issued as Platinum.

I assume your accounts eventually changed to Visa Sig on your online profile.
Old May 28, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott

It's part of their Secondary Review. The recon agent approved him for a Signature card but in the Secondary Review, they must have decreased the limit and downgraded the product.
Old May 28, 2015, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
It's part of their Secondary Review. The recon agent approved him for a Signature card but in the Secondary Review, they must have decreased the limit and downgraded the product.
The limits are both still at $5k, so not sure exactly what happened.
Old May 28, 2015, 10:57 am

Is the 90 day wait period between app a guideline or a rule?Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.