Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 20, 18, 9:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: muji
Wiki Link
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Old May 26, 15, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Does anyone know when the annual fee will post for this card? The account has been open for 2 weeks already.
Old May 26, 15, 1:13 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
Turns out my BofA cards all came with a new AS account number even though I entered in my correct AS number on the apps. The good thing is that all 4 cards came with the same AS number so my new account has 100k miles. My old account actually has 0 miles. Is it worth calling ether BofA or Alaska to combine the accounts or change the account associated with hour card? Or just leave it as is with he new account? I currently have a pending itinerary for EK on my old account for March 2016.
Alaska does keep track of your lifetime miles with them, so may be worth moving it to your old account in case that comes into play for you at some point.
Old May 26, 15, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Approved with plat card with $5,000 limit?

I hope someone with similar experience could help me. I applied one last week, did not instant approve. Call recon and rep approved me with a new account with $5,000 limit. Today I open my BoA account and just discovered I was approved a plat version, not signature version What should I do? Call recon line again? Apply for a new account? Thanks in advance.
Old May 26, 15, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by aza72 View Post

Alaska does keep track of your lifetime miles with them, so may be worth moving it to your old account in case that comes into play for you at some point.
They keep track of ALL miles or just butt-in-seat miles? My understanding is that no status or awards are given to miles from credit card or SPG transfer.
Old May 26, 15, 1:29 pm

Do these sign up bonuses count towards million mile status?
Old May 26, 15, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by MikailSJ View Post
Do these sign up bonuses count towards million mile status?
A Million Mile Flyer is a Mileage Plan™ member who has accumulated 1,000,000 actual flight miles on Alaska Airlines in their Mileage Plan™ account since becoming a member. Bonus miles and partner mileage activity do not count toward the accumulation of 1,000,000 miles.
Old May 26, 15, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by mediator View Post
I hope someone with similar experience could help me. I applied one last week, did not instant approve. Call recon and rep approved me with a new account with $5,000 limit. Today I open my BoA account and just discovered I was approved a plat version, not signature version What should I do? Call recon line again? Apply for a new account? Thanks in advance.
I think you have to get it reissued as a Sig card. If you go back in this thread to mid-Jan (around post 80) and read through everything Brugge wrote, it should point you in the right direction.
Old May 26, 15, 1:57 pm

I think you have to get it reissued as a Sig card. If you go back in this thread to mid-Jan (around post 80) and read through everything Brugge wrote, it should point you in the right direction.
Wow, thanks so much! Here is the link to Brugge's point just in case:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...25k-up-81.html
Old May 26, 15, 2:01 pm

So I just called Recon, and this is the answer I got:

1) Based on my banking history with BoA, and the fact that my account has been opened for less than 90 days, they can't increase my credit limit. "The system automatically came back with a decline"

2) "At this time we are only able to approve for one credit card, we aren't able to approve for two"

Is that it? Any advice on how to get the Signature card?

Just called again and got a friendly rep who was willing to look at the CLI. However she wanted to do another hard pull, so I'm going to wait until next month when I will pay off my CCs just before they post to bring my util to 0% and then try again.
Old May 26, 15, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I applied nearly three weeks ago and was approved through recon for four cards, three of which took credit lines from my open 2 cards. The first one was approved after calling in (froze EQ so manually pulled TU) for ~$15K.

The status online says all four apps are pending. I called on Thursday and I was told that they are in a secondary review process, that 2 of the apps are already formally approved, and 2 are still pending in the queue.

Now that it's Tuesday evening nearly 3 weeks later, I'm starting to get a little worried. However, I'm reluctant to call in again, considering it's 4 applications. Should I just keep waiting?

The original agent I spoke to definitely said I was approved for all four, but that he would need to process 2 on the following day, since it had to be manually reviewed. Again, that was nearly 3 weeks ago.
Old May 26, 15, 7:26 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by callmedtop View Post
I applied nearly three weeks ago and was approved through recon for four cards, three of which took credit lines from my open 2 cards. The first one was approved after calling in (froze EQ so manually pulled TU) for ~$15K.

The status online says all four apps are pending. I called on Thursday and I was told that they are in a secondary review process, that 2 of the apps are already formally approved, and 2 are still pending in the queue.

Now that it's Tuesday evening nearly 3 weeks later, I'm starting to get a little worried. However, I'm reluctant to call in again, considering it's 4 applications. Should I just keep waiting?

The original agent I spoke to definitely said I was approved for all four, but that he would need to process 2 on the following day, since it had to be manually reviewed. Again, that was nearly 3 weeks ago.
Well, it took about three weeks for me and Mrs. A to get our three cards each. Plus we applied several days apart but the cards arrived on the same day. They may process them in batches? Maybe be a little more patient.
Old May 27, 15, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by callmedtop View Post

My card which was approved by recon couple of weeks ago, the online status changed to "approved" only today. It was showing as "pending" for last 2 weeks, when I had called the general line not recon they said they were seeing it as approved, So I just waited.
Old May 27, 15, 9:59 am

I applied to two Alaska Airlines cards, and a Fidelity Amex today. All went to pending.

Called in to recon and they were only able to approve 1 Alaska card and the Fidelity Amex, both for $10k credit lines. The agent quoted a policy of only approving 1 Alaska card per 90 days.

This matches an earlier posters experience. I'll try calling back later today to hopefully get the 2nd Alaska card approved.
Old May 27, 15, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Brewer20 View Post
I applied to two Alaska Airlines cards, and a Fidelity Amex today. All went to pending.

Called in to recon and they were only able to approve 1 Alaska card and the Fidelity Amex, both for $10k credit lines. The agent quoted a policy of only approving 1 Alaska card per 90 days.

This matches an earlier posters experience. I'll try calling back later today to hopefully get the 2nd Alaska card approved.
Please update as you find out. My expectation for my next app would be to apply for at least 2 cards, as my first one always seems to be approved as a Plat. Then to call in for a card that went to pending or denied, and get that one approved as a Sig. But if the new rule is one per 90 days, that plan just went right out the window.
Old May 27, 15, 10:59 am

I rather have an AS Card every 90-180 days, rather than 1 AS card every 18-24 months.

- Citi is going to 18 months once they get their act together.
- Chase is already at 24 months PLUS supposedly their new restrictions.
- AmEx is once per lifetime.

Welcome to Barclays, US Bank, and Cap One.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: