Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Applied earlier this morning for 1 personal with statement credit and 1 biz. Approved instantly for personal $17.5k CL, got a pending on the biz so I called recon just now and was told it had been approved with $8k CL.

Not bad work for the morning.
Is that 2 pulls or do they consolidate into 1?
Old May 21, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
Originally Posted by cheapdad00
Is that 2 pulls or do they consolidate into 1?
In my recent 2bm for 1 personal 1 biz back in early March, it was not combined HP unfortunately. I did these both on a Monday morning and called immediately after.

One did however hit EX and the other TU so i'm thankful for that
Old May 21, 2015, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nakataboi
In my recent 2bm for 1 personal 1 biz back in early March, it was not combined HP unfortunately. I did these both on a Monday morning and called immediately after.

One did however hit EX and the other TU so i'm thankful for that
I'll report back once I can find out. I'm tired of everybody hitting EQ. Barclays is the only one that hits TU for me.
Old May 21, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'll report back once I can find out. I'm tired of everybody hitting EQ. Barclays is the only one that hits TU for me.

I'm sure you meant EX not EQ (Equifax).

I would love for them to even come close to touching EQ for me in California haha
Old May 21, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by nakataboi
I'm sure you meant EX not EQ (Equifax).

I would love for them to even come close to touching EQ for me in California haha
Same here, AFAIK my EQ HP record is zero. And that's for the past 20 years.

Oh, wait, I foolishly did a Cap One app about 5 years ago, and they of course pulled all 3, before denying me for having too many accounts.

Which back then meant 3 or 4.

Now when I get their targeted offers in the mail, I just toss them in the trash w/out even looking at them.
Old May 22, 2015, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by waylook
They gave me a $20K limit. But I wonder if this "1 application per 90 days" rule is a thing now or he just made it up.
I believe that is your problem. Getting instantly approved for $20k (or 17.5k or whatever) destroys your chances of adding more cards on the same day with combined pulls. Perhaps the 90 day concept is BofA saying they wont look at your overall bank credit line until then. But you could have used the same credit to get 4 cards and 4 bonuses ($5k each) with one hard pull.

Try to get out of the mindset that instant approvals are always a good thing. Unless it's for the wife who doesn't want to call. My wife applied and was instantly approved for over 20k. Reduced her line to 5k by SM before the card even arrived. She might try again for another instant approval in the near future if she can spare the hard pull.
Old May 22, 2015, 5:55 am

Anyone had success doing the 2BM in consecutive quarters (ie. two app cycles 91 days apart)?
Old May 22, 2015, 8:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
I got 4 cards, 100k posted, and turned around and booked 1st class one way tickets for 3 people Caribbean back to US at 30k each.

My credit card was charged 3 * ~$10, PLUS 37.50

Is that correct in your experience for mileage redemption?
Old May 22, 2015, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
I got 4 cards, 100k posted, and turned around and booked 1st class one way tickets for 3 people Caribbean back to US at 30k each.

I'm not 100% of the question, but if you're asking if 30k is the correct redemption for AS miles on AA for Caribbean one-way on a two-class aircraft then yes it is.
Old May 22, 2015, 8:15 am

Believe I had 2 HP on two different dates for my credit card approval.

Applied on May 13th and instant approval on 2 BM. Received letter about my Experian score dated May 13th then yesterday received similar letter about Experian score but dated may 15th.

Did anyone get 2 days of HP for same application approval?
Old May 22, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by Carl Christensen

Originally Posted by Willbur
I'm not 100% of the question, but if you're asking if 30k is the correct redemption for AS miles on AA for Caribbean one-way on a two-class aircraft then yes it is.
If you're questioning the $37.50, that's for the partner award, $12.50 per ticket. From Mileage Plan award chart page:

A $12.50 (USD) nonrefundable fee will be collected per person, each way, for awards booked on a partner airline.
Old May 22, 2015, 9:58 am

I applied for 4 cards and was approved automatically for 1. I got the other 3 approved after calling in. Since then, I've received multiple letters in the mail, initially with 3 of them indicating that my file is under review, followed by 4 total approval letters. This AM, I received 3 emails from BofA titled "your new card is on its way", each with unique last 4 account digits. All 3 were from the exact same time. I thought it was weird that I only got 3 of them, so I checked the SPAM folder as well; nothing in there. Is there anything to be concerned about here?
Old May 22, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I applied for 4 cards and was approved automatically for 1. I got the other 3 approved after calling in. Since then, I've received multiple letters in the mail, initially with 3 of them indicating that my file is under review, followed by 4 total approval letters. This AM, I received 3 emails from BofA titled "your new card is on its way", each with unique last 4 account digits. All 3 were from the exact same time. I thought it was weird that I only got 3 of them, so I checked the SPAM folder as well; nothing in there. Is there anything to be concerned about here?
Check your BoA online account. New accounts should show up there before you receive and activate the cards.
Old May 22, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
if you got approved for all 4 then you should get them all, check online for the status of all your applications just to make sure you got approved for all 4, your initial one that was approved automatically might be processed on a different pace than the other 3, i had a week of wait time in between 2 cards approved on the same day!
Old May 24, 2015, 6:45 am

I'd rather not have to deal with an agent, but how do we know for sure that our A/S offer includes the $100 statement credit?

I have existing BoA CC's.. last week, was instantly approved for 2 A/S (CL of > $16K), with 3rd one pending. Was able to get 3rd one pushed through by calling recon..it took a bit of negotiating, asked for them to reduce my CL's across my cards/approved apps.

Separately, I was also approved for Virgin Atlantic with a pretty large line; I want to have $5K credit line reallocated from one of my A/S (> $16K) to Virgin. Do I call CS (# on back of the cards)?

Has anyone been able to get their cash lines lowered to < $200?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.