Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 10:03 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by sungchiahao
BoA chat person said they don't see the $100 statement credit associated with my account. What happened there? Has anyone else see the same issue?

Called in the BoA, and the person on the phone also cannot see the $100 statement credit being associated with my card.

Called the Alaska Airlines and they don't deal with the $100 statement credit and they said it's all on the bank to issue the statement.
Firstly, QUIT CALLING! Spend the $1000 required to trigger the statement credit, then, if you don't see it post in a week or two, give a call.
Old May 19, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Thanks for the gracious and helpful replies. FWIW Re:
Originally Posted by macrophage
… If you apply on “day 8” with the Citi apps, then you will have 2 hard pulls from 2 banks that day with a total of 3 hard pulls in a 8 day period...
and
Originally Posted by CASACW2
… He said 12k is the max they'll give anyone…
from my post above (new bold underlining):
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
… She said I should apply again right now, while she was on the phone, there would not be another hard pull as the second application was within 30 days and she could take “ownership” of the application and ensure it was approved as a Signature account. Applied on line while she was on the phone, was instantly approved for a Signature account $20,000 limit, she could see it 30 seconds later...
(As I wrote, FWIW. I do not know if the agent's statement is true or correct.)
Old May 19, 2015, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Dave, if you check the BoA application status online, what does it say? I also was approved for 4 cards last week, but they are all still "pending review" online, and I haven't gotten the bonus.
Online status should update instantly if you were approved. You should call to confirm.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by fyugioh
Online status should update instantly if you were approved. You should call to confirm.
Even on one of my cards which was approved last week thru phone the online status is still "pending review".When I called in to confirm they said its approved. The other card which was approved instantly the status of course shows "approved"
Old May 20, 2015, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Thanks for the gracious and helpful replies....and from my post above (new bold underlining): "there would not be another hard pull as the second application was within 30 days"...(As I wrote, FWIW. I do not know if the agent's statement is true or correct.)
I've done the Citi 8-day cycle. It definitely shows up as two different credit pulls on my report (Experian, in my case), and I can confirm that each one lowered my score.

Last edited by MrMcLargeHuge; May 20, 2015 at 6:54 am
Old May 20, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sheldor
Even on one of my cards which was approved last week thru phone the online status is still "pending review".When I called in to confirm they said its approved. The other card which was approved instantly the status of course shows "approved"
All four of my cards are still "pending review" after being approved on Friday. I called in and asked about the first app, and he said it was approved, and pending some processing. I didn't want to ask about the others, but hope that is the case as well for them.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by Brugge
Yes, you use your AS FF#, otherwise they open new accounts to put the miles in, and it's a real hassle to hunt them down and get them merged.

And yes, you may as well be logged into B of A. You need to use your actual SS#, address and phone #. They are going to figure out who you are anyway.
Last question: Chrome with Incognito mode for all apps?
Old May 20, 2015, 2:43 pm

I just applied for my first BOA cards. I applied for 2 and one got approved. My thinking was that I get the 2nd approved and then keep applying up to number 4. The reconsideration person told me that the 2nd one was denied and nothing she could do. That is weird! I have a very high household income, credit score of over 800, and I have only applied for 1 card (1 month ago) in the past 6 months.

I am about to HUCA, but I am unsure now if this is going to work out. Less than 100K miles is not useful to me.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:49 pm

What is the number people are calling? I called many numbers until one worked. It was 866-422-8089.
Old May 20, 2015, 3:24 pm

[QUOTE=waylook;24845706]What is the number people are calling?

By worked, do you mean were able to get through? Or able to get your 2nd, 3rd and 4th cards approved?
Old May 20, 2015, 3:38 pm

I was only able to get through. Called several times and they were supremely unhelpful. One guy took a new application over the phone. He said that I needed a different offer code so that its not a duplicate. I went to a blogger site and found an offer and gave him the code. He took my application over the phone and the end result was that it was also in pending status. He said I would hear over the next month.

I found another number from the bowtie guy and called there. One number said it was not business hours (4pm on EST). The other number went through. Much friendlier!! However, the guy referred to a "1 application per 90 days" policy and said that the other applications are denied. I don't know if this is a new thing. Just my luck on my first try if it is. So I have 3 applications, and 1 approval. I really hope that does not count as 3 hard pulls. This is my first denial!
Old May 20, 2015, 3:52 pm

To clarify the issue for folks wanting more than one of these cards on the same day: If your first application is auto-approved, it will likely be for much more than $5,000, thus reducing your available credit for subsequent approvals.

If you can stop the autoapprovals, you can call in and get your cards at $5,000 each up to your available credit. Freezing the credit bureau that BofA pulls from in your state is probably the easiest way. But perhaps there is a way to leave some part of the application incomplete requiring more information.
Old May 20, 2015, 4:03 pm

They gave me a $20K limit. But I wonder if this "1 application per 90 days" rule is a thing now or he just made it up.

Originally Posted by Denver Enzo
To clarify the issue for folks wanting more than one of these cards on the same day: If your first application is auto-approved, it will likely be for much more than $5,000, thus reducing your available credit for subsequent approvals.

If you can stop the autoapprovals, you can call in and get your cards at $5,000 each up to your available credit. Freezing the credit bureau that BofA pulls from in your state is probably the easiest way. But perhaps there is a way to leave some part of the application incomplete requiring more information.
Old May 21, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
Coming up on my 90 days in a few days since last Alaska approvals. I already have 5 credit cards with BofA (two old personal cards, 2 personal alaska, 1 AS business). Should I be closing out the 2x alaska personal to free up the 10k credit those are taking up?
Old May 21, 2015, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Applied earlier this morning for 1 personal with statement credit and 1 biz. Approved instantly for personal $17.5k CL, got a pending on the biz so I called recon just now and was told it had been approved with $8k CL.

Not bad work for the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.