Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Preacher7
Can't wait for the Apartments! Then from LHR, it's BA F to JFK, which I've never done before. Got a cabana booked in the Concorde Room at LHR. Should be the "Bee's Knees"!
You are doing it backwards. After the Apartments, BA FC is going to seem like Greyhound. We flew SQ Suites Class to SIN, then came back AA FC. Talk about a let down.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:20 pm

Interesting comment on this Points With A Crew Post:

According to a BofA exec within their card services group, the link was pulled after seeing too many apps through the link(s) not directly coming from the Alaska Airlines web site.

The promotion was/is directed to those who actually made a reservation for travel on Alaska. Once you completed your paid reservation and received a confirmation/record locator, then you would see the promotion giving you the opportunity to apply for the Visa Signature card – with the 25, 000 mile sign-up bonus and $100 statement credit.
I have been advised that the promotion continues – for now.

A work-around is to purchase a non-penalty type fare for travel on Alaska, look for the promo – then sign-up for the Visa Signature card product, then go back and cancel your reservation.
I don't think doing multiples in a day killed it, was more a total volume of apps (which multiples in a day does contribute to).
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:33 pm

The link won't work after buying a ticket. You must call..........
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit

I don't think doing multiples in a day killed it, was more a total volume of apps (which multiples in a day does contribute to).
nooooooooooo
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:59 pm

Sounds like analytics from FT > app probably killed it.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit

May I draw your attention to the name of the commenter?

Now we're going to have people call in 5 separate times trying to apply for this card and demand an statement credit...
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
You would have gotten your 75K and $300 if folks wouldn't have amped up to 3+ cards. I'm sitting on 9M points/miles since starting the game 3 years ago. And on Monday, I'm flying Etihad Apartments, the new Holy Grail of the Hobby!

And b/c I follow the advice of the guys who've been playing it smart for years, and not getting super greedy, this is a no-cost hobby! This AS deal was one of those seemingly endless golden gooses. Until stupidity kicked in.

How about you don't help kill the next golden goose for the rest of us?
Considering it was 2 different small biz cards and 1 personal, i highly call that killing the golden goose. I could have easily split it to a 4 BM, ask for a personal 2 BM since I got a decent credit limit with card 1, but decided against it.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by diseased
The link won't work after buying a ticket. You must call..........
Why not before buying the ticket? Do you even need to complete the purchase?
Old May 1, 2015, 8:21 am

You would have gotten your 75K and $300 if folks wouldn't have amped up to 3+ cards. I'm sitting on 9M points/miles since starting the game 3 years ago. And on Monday, I'm flying Etihad Apartments, the new Holy Grail of the Hobby!

And b/c I follow the advice of the guys who've been playing it smart for years, and not getting super greedy, this is a no-cost hobby! This AS deal was one of those seemingly endless golden gooses. Until stupidity kicked in.

How about you don't help kill the next golden goose for the rest of us?
How much MS did you need to do to get to 9M miles in 3 years? Or was it all on 100K signup bonuses?
Old May 1, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond

Got lots of AS points though--and never gotten more than 2 at a time. Double dipping in Canada helps... And more important than having the points is spending them well
Good advice as to need to spend the points. Would you explain "Double dipping in Canada"? Thank you!
Old May 1, 2015, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by trouble747
Why not before buying the ticket? Do you even need to complete the purchase?
It's the same link so clicking on it before or after buying the ticket doesn't matter.

Wiki link=link after purchase. Picture on page before purchase is just an image, no active link associated.

Last edited by diseased; May 1, 2015 at 4:51 pm
Old May 1, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by Brugge
You are doing it backwards. After the Apartments, BA FC is going to seem like Greyhound. We flew SQ Suites Class to SIN, then came back AA FC. Talk about a let down.
You are so right. But hey, I'm all for new experiences. BA F is still probably one of the best ways of getting from LHR to the States, but I know it won't be anything like the apartments.

And btw, I love SIN Suites! And the legendary Private Room...
Old May 1, 2015, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by cheapdad00
How much MS did you need to do to get to 9M miles in 3 years? Or was it all on 100K signup bonuses?
I manage several of our family members accounts and we pool the points, so it's probably 80-20 cc bonuses-MS. Plus there's the whole double dipping in Canada thing which helps...
Old May 1, 2015, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by milemission
Good advice as to need to spend the points. Would you explain "Double dipping in Canada"? Thank you!
Mbna has the same card in Canada, but you've gotta have an SIN. If you do, double dip away!
Old May 1, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by macrophage
Recently some bloggers and some FTers have been going at 4 to even 5 or 6 apps at a time... this could be a trigger for higher levels of scrutiny.

Then again, has your behavior / cycle changed much?
I'm usually doing about 3-5 cards/quarter, hasn't changed. Pretty sure there tolerances are tighter now - it was an auto rejection.

Same thing happened to my wife last quarter, but she was approved 3.5 months later (with several other recent apps). I'll try again in 3 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.