Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

How long after moving/purchasing will it show on credit report?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

I recently moved to a house I purchased at the end of December - how long does it take for this change to show up on my credit report or in other areas the banks are looking when reviewing applications?

I applied for a card a few weeks ago, and was not auto approved. I called and they said they weren't able to find proof of me owning my residence listed on my application - only showed me at my old address (didn't own). I explained the situation on recently purchasing/moving, and they were fine with that and approved.

Just wondering as I want to try for another USAir card but don't want it to go to pending after I apply and have to talk to someone about it - as they'll probably question why I want 2 cards at the same time.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Exec, Marriott Silver
You should be able to contact the credit bureaus and ask them to update your information. The following website may help...

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...dit/cre21.shtm

These contacts may help (I don't have one for Experian).

Equifax Information Services, LLC
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30374-0256
Transunion®
To dispute information on your TransUnion Credit Report, you can contact the bureau by postal mail:

TransUnion Customer Relations
P.O. Box 1000
Chester, PA 19022
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

But is there a rule of thumb for how long it naturally takes to get updated?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
It just depends on how long it takes for one of the bureaus or lexis to pick up your new address. After you switch your mailing address with your current cards or apply for a new card (which you've already done) your new address will start showing up fairly soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.