FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Capital One | Rewards Miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/capital-one-rewards-miles-778/)
-   -   [Merged] Cap. One Match back for 2012 [OFFER EXPIRED] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/capital-one-rewards-miles/1295938-merged-cap-one-match-back-2012-offer-expired.html)

milesmama Dec 28, 2011 11:22 am

[Merged] Cap. One Match back for 2012 [OFFER EXPIRED]

I was churning cards for the new year and was on the phone with Capital One getting rid of my single miles card..asked if anything was coming up in the way of promotions....i always like to talk up reps, ask about the weather where they are how they are doing etc...any way he said that they are going to repeat the venture miles matching program again..soon...did not know anything more...something to look forward too

robbiesam Dec 28, 2011 11:36 am

Hmm. That's interesting. I wonder if it pays to cancel/downgrade my current one that I got in that promotion in the hopes that I would qualify again.

milesmama Dec 28, 2011 12:01 pm

i was thinking maybe going the business card route next time.....

Jimgotkp Dec 28, 2011 12:03 pm

Interesting... thanks! Need to start accumulating my miles to reach 100K on one account then....

birdseye Dec 28, 2011 1:11 pm

I was sorry I passed on the Captital One miles matching promo last March, I wasn't very familiar with their program and real miles were my priority. I'll try to keep my credit inquiries down until then as I recall they rejected a lot of people with good credit. Too bad Capital One pulls all three credit bureaus....

bpo26c Dec 28, 2011 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by milesmama (Post 17704658)
I was churning cards for the new year and was on the phone with Capital One getting rid of my single miles card..asked if anything was coming up in the way of promotions....i always like to talk up reps, ask about the weather where they are how they are doing etc...any way he said that they are going to repeat the venture miles matching program again..soon...did not know anything more...something to look forward too

Great news..I think that was the offer of 2011. I am still using my Capital One Venture as my daily card collecting 2x miles. Redemption has been easy. I called this week to see if the annual fee could be waived, which it can not, but I can be moved down to a 1.25 mile version of the card.

Exciting that this is coming back because my wife missed it the first go-around.

TimesTwo Dec 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Nice! Partner & I missed it the first time around. Great scoop, op!

ikonos Dec 28, 2011 2:21 pm

How does the matching miles program work? And which miles do they match?

scwam Dec 28, 2011 2:22 pm

It was a good deal. got 115k from the business offer good for $1100 Walmart gift cards or depending on length of stay 1 round trip coach from USA to Bejing or Shanghai for $11 fee.

MrHalliday Dec 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Yes, interesting, thanks...

I had already forgotten about the "matching" angle of that,
just know I grabbed more than $2K in cash "travel" credits,
cancelled the business card a few months ago,

....may now accelerate cancel of the personal also,
just a few months away from the fee... :)

jjmiller69 Dec 28, 2011 2:34 pm

Wow if correct that by far was the best offer last year. ^

srdshelly Dec 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Thanks for the heads up! Last time they capped the total miles matched. It was launched publicly in March with the start of a huge NCAA basketball tournament advertising campaign, but FT people got in a little ahead of the crowd. I still have the card, and was planning to renew it, but what's the best strategy for taking advantage of the offer again for those who got it last year? I guess that's really not something that can be known yet.

ddfr Dec 28, 2011 2:55 pm

thanks for the heads up on this--look forward to hearing more.

ddfr Dec 28, 2011 3:01 pm

I missed the last go round too--need to stop the apps for awhille

amolkold Dec 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Thanks OP for this info. I missed this offer last year. Hopefully will get 100K when this card comes out, hopefully by March as that is when I hope to have my next round o' apps.