Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

[Merged] Cap. One Match back for 2012 [OFFER EXPIRED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Merged] Cap. One Match back for 2012 [OFFER EXPIRED]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
I jumped on the individual one last year, but my understanding is you could get the business one as well, correct? I currently have the venture card, and I actually do not want to cancel it right now simply b/c i'm working on something else with them that is pretty lucrative. Just wondering if the business card was available last year b/c I will more than likely go for that this year, if i qualify.
Can one apply for the business card if one does not have a business?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Exec, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
I jumped on the individual one last year, but my understanding is you could get the business one as well, correct? I currently have the venture card, and I actually do not want to cancel it right now simply b/c i'm working on something else with them that is pretty lucrative. Just wondering if the business card was available last year b/c I will more than likely go for that this year, if i qualify.
Yes, there was a business version, I think Gleff was able to get 440,000 miles between him and his wife using personal and business. The catch was you needed two accounts with 100k miles. I'm not sure if you could use the same account this time as you used before.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
You confirmed it for 100k points again this year?

What line did you call to get the CSR who spilled the beans?

Sounds like a good deal if you can afford the 3 hard pulls and are looking for a points program with great flexibility.

I do wonder whether the T&C's will back up what the CSR says about last years approved members. Will there be a loophole?

Another 100k would be great. If you got the personal card last year I wonder what your chances would be to get the business card this time?

I didn't realize many people got 3 pulls, I only had two (ex and eq). It's like no one but barclays even knows transunion exists.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
go for it

This was an absolutely great deal, maybe the best single CC promotion ever. People who didn't grab this last year should strive for it this time. I'm still using the benefits I got.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by RewardTraveler
Yes, there was a business version, I think Gleff was able to get 440,000 miles between him and his wife using personal and business. The catch was you needed two accounts with 100k miles. I'm not sure if you could use the same account this time as you used before.
No worries, I used AA last time, but I have over 100K in SPG points, so I can use that if necessary, or even Southwest. Just hope I can get the business card without much hassle. No pun intended there.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:21 am

Does anyone remember what the minimum spend was last year?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:23 am

Did Aeroplan count as an FF program? I have (near) 100K miles in Aeroplan, but nothing close to that in any US program...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
Does anyone remember what the minimum spend was last year?
$1k

Originally Posted by mabramovich
Did Aeroplan count as an FF program? I have (near) 100K miles in Aeroplan, but nothing close to that in any US program...
Doesn't look like it. Read the first post in last year's thread for those that counted...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ture-card.html
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: Several dozen
In order to properly evaluate the profit potential of this fine opportunity for capitalistic enterprise, I would like to know if the miles used as the baseline in the last iteration of this promotion had to be earned via an actual credit card (and if so, what evidence was required), or simply just sitting in the account.

PM please if you have specifics so that the appropriate account(s) for this promotion may be properly structured. Oops, my bad - I mean properly manufactured. Oh dear, that just did not come out right.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
In order to properly evaluate the profit potential of this fine opportunity for capitalistic enterprise, I would like to know if the miles used as the baseline in the last iteration of this promotion had to be earned via an actual credit card (and if so, what evidence was required), or simply just sitting in the account.

PM please if you have specifics so that the appropriate account(s) for this promotion may be properly structured. Oops, my bad - I mean properly manufactured. Oh dear, that just did not come out right.
All that needed to be done was the submission of a frequent flyer statement showing your total mileage balance. I believe there was also the requirement that you needed to have earned some of the points through another mileage earning credit card but I cannot recall how that needed to be reflected on the FF statement.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by RewardTraveler
So I have 100K with AA and DL. Can I use one as a business app and the other as personal? Are there any problems with a first-timer getting a Venture even though I already have the Cap1 Cash Rewards card?

Last edited by kevinjrwagner; Feb 23, 2012 at 10:40 am
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by kevinjrwagner
So I have 100K with AA and DL. Can I use one as a business app and the other as personal? Are there any problems with a first-timer getting a Venture even though I already have the Cap1 Cash Rewards card?
Using the two programs for personal and business should be just fine. I guess it will be up to Capital One, but last year many people upgraded existing cards to the venture and they were able to get the matching promo, so I think you will be safe.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:46 am

Their marketing implied the matched miles needed to come from other credit cards, but I think they were just looking at the total mile balance. I submitted a pdf of my AA statement, which did the trick. FWIW, I did have a few miles credited from a CC on that statement.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
All that needed to be done was the submission of a frequent flyer statement showing your total mileage balance. I believe there was also the requirement that you needed to have earned some of the points through another mileage earning credit card but I cannot recall how that needed to be reflected on the FF statement.
You did not need to show CC earning. The wording in the promo was really clunky. They kept saying that this card would match your other program bonuses up to 100k, really they just threw out points to match your balance in your FF account. Not sure why they kept saying they would match your "competing accounts" when you could have a FF account and not have a CC from that "competing account."

Also the statement could be up to 6 months old, so if you made a large redemption you could still match against the higher balance.

The program was easy: send statement, receive notification that you qualify, receive points. They really don't have any way to check the statement validity, so it was an honor system really.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold

For last years deal, it was just required to have the miles in an active FF program. The source of the miles did not matter and it was not necessary to have another credit card in that mileage program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.