Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated]

Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated]

Old Feb 11, 12, 5:26 pm

When I applied for the Chase Ink Business Bold card, I also didn't hear anything for a week or so and decided to call the Chase Business Reconsideration line. I hadn't been rejected yet, but called to inquire about my status. The lady who picked up was able to help me right away, asked me the basic questions are you are thinking she will ask, and approved me right then.

Not sure why they hadn't approved me yet or what they were waiting on or even when I would have heard from them had I not called, but I would consider calling the Business reconsideration line. Speeds up the process.

Good luck on getting approved!
Old Feb 12, 12, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by StckFigure View Post
I didn't see anything about an automated status line... do I just call it (I assume I can Google the number) and use the SSN as the identifier for the application? Is it a different line for each card product, or one central line for all Chase cards?
You can try 888 609 7805. That is a Chase Biz app status line. Maybe they can help.

For a more complete list of numbers you can call check out my sites Credit Card App Assistant.

Good Luck.

Last edited by mia; Feb 13, 12 at 9:50 am
Old Feb 23, 12, 6:50 pm

I did the same thing. My business is a private voice studio, but after calling several times, the agents keep rejecting me for "too short credit history" and I have no reported business credit (I really don't know what that is...). Did you get yours approved? I'm kind of at a loss...
Old Feb 23, 12, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Banks cracking down

Now that Dodd-Frank is fully implemented and CC-issuers are required to do due diligence to make certain that they aren't issuing business cards to consumers, it can take a lot longer to get approval if you haven't provided solid business information (EIN, type of business entity, and the like).

Consumers have a lot more rights now and banks caught issuing business cards (which don't have those rights) to consumers face stiff penalties.
Old Feb 24, 12, 2:35 am

give them a call...they often need to just verify some information about your business
Old Feb 24, 12, 11:29 am

Finally got a rejection letter from Chase, as expected, although the reasoning printed in the letter had nothing to do with the lack of information on the business, but rather was because of too many lines of credit (even though there is only one, the Southwest personal card, with a high but not exorbitant limit). We'll be calling them tonight to try and split the credit line, and presumably have to answer questions about the business along the way.
Old Feb 24, 12, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by StckFigure View Post
Finally got a rejection letter from Chase, as expected, although the reasoning printed in the letter had nothing to do with the lack of information on the business, but rather was because of too many lines of credit (even though there is only one, the Southwest personal card, with a high but not exorbitant limit). We'll be calling them tonight to try and split the credit line, and presumably have to answer questions about the business along the way.
When you split the limit, just be aware that they will transfer from your personal credit limit to the business line. This WILL change your credit score and lower your overall credit limits. Also, its been reported, you cannot get that credit limit back to your personal side later.
Old Feb 25, 12, 7:56 am

Chase is getting really tough with business cards. You might want to read this post by mommy points regarding her conversation with chase about approval of her ink bold card. I am not saying everyone is having same tough time but be prepared for everything and anything.
Old Feb 25, 12, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by maulah View Post
Chase is getting really tough with business cards. You might want to read this post by mommy points regarding her conversation with chase about approval of her ink bold card. I am not saying everyone is having same tough time but be prepared for everything and anything.
I didnt have any trouble. Asked what my business was (sole proprietorship) and how much I gross (which isnt much as it is a side job). Moved some credit line and done
Old Feb 28, 12, 1:21 pm

R u lese likely to have to answer Business related questions if you have an EIN?

I have an ein...will i get questioned less because of this?
Old Feb 28, 12, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
I think you're still going to receive the same amount of questioning whether you use your EIN or SSN. If you get to the point of them asking questions, obviously something didn't allow for instant approval, most likely a credit issue (new inquiries, accounts, etc.) You are then going to be asked the same questions as anyone else, they're still going to want to know revenue, years in business, type of business, etc.
Old Feb 28, 12, 4:48 pm

Programs: As many as I can!
I've done it both with and without the EIN and got asked lots of business related questions each time.
Old Feb 28, 12, 9:14 pm

I would say that an EIN may make it more likely that you get approved instantly. However, if you don't get approved instantly, you'll most likely get the same type of questions about your business whether you have EIN or not.
Old Mar 3, 12, 6:15 pm

Fwiw, I applied with a EIN and all I was asked was to send them a utility/tel bill or any document with the name of my business and address listed on it. No other business questions were asked. The only reason I was told I wasn't approved instantly was because this was my first business card application ever.
Old Mar 16, 12, 8:03 am

YIPEE!! lst business card approved

Just applied online for Chase Ink Bold. Got the dreaded 'wait for pending decision". Within minutes I called Biz Reconsideration number at 800-453-9719 and asked if they were able to see my credit report. CSR said credit report is frozen. I asked which one you are looking for. He said Experian and I said, "Oh, could you please look up for Equifax" He did. I waited for 5 minutes. He asked several questions and I was approved. However, he said I had too many Chase cards and needed to close one which I did. Unfortunately he said I couldn't transfer the CL from the closed card to Ink Bold.

I feel great!!! and TGIF

Search this Thread
Search Engine: