Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:43 pm

No concerns about my FICO. I'm at 776. Over the last two years I've racked up a ton of personal cards (for sign-up bonuses) and was running out of new personal card options. Never had a business card before so I was considering starting to apply for those.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Chase, no problem, just open a business checking account,
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: All of em...
I get the most business card instant approvals from Amex.

Citi and Chase approve me but I usually have a more lengthy phone call and have to answer the most questions with Chase.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Who has the most business cards...,Chase,
Amex is no problem either, if you have the business credit limits.
Citi is also easy,

The best borrowed money is your own, that is in the bank...
The Paper Trip, is an old book,
Old Sep 26, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Amex.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by satman40
But don't deposit Money Orders into it!!!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:25 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Why is that? I think someone in the MS forum said Chase is strict but doesn't care much about MOs in a biz checking account.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The AMEX "financial review" and Citi "tax return" are pretty much the same thing (IRS form 4506-T) except for the timing: In the Citi case, they hold up your application for a few weeks to a couple months if they need that, but your other accounts (if you have other accounts at Citi) are untouched during that time. At AMEX, it can happen after you've opened an account and are in the middle of using it.

However: In either case, this has nothing to do with whether it's a personal or business card! If you have this concern for business cards, you should have exactly the same concern for personal cards!
Ditto.

More than the issuing bank, having your ducks in a row will determine your ease of application. If you have bad credit (particularly bad payment history or tons of recent account openings) and you're stuttering about what it is you do and how much revenue you have or will have on the reconsideration call, the bank doesn't matter.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MY FICO is over 800. I've been "invited" (email) to apply for a Citi Business card, with a 50K AA bonus with 3K spend/3 months.

Looks inviting, but the last time I applied for a biz card (I think it was with Citi) I remember getting a hard time and no card.

I already have their Master Card. Probability of approval?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by satman40
You don't even need that. i did get a federal tax id number though, not sure if that helped.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by tjguitar85
You don't even need that. i did get a federal tax id number though, not sure if that helped.
I only use my ss# and no business checking acct, I got approved for both Chase Ink bold and plus.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:28 am

do business cards always require a phone call?

What are my chances of auto approval for a new business with 0 sales? will I have to plead my case on the phone?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by bugjuice11
What are my chances of auto approval for a new business with 0 sales? will I have to plead my case on the phone?
This will vary enormously depending on which bank, which card, your personal credit score, your relationship with the bank and other factors.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:54 am

In my applications for Business cards (with a real business, s-corp, with real revenue not an "ebay" business/0 rev), I'd say that you get pending a lot more than with personal cards, but not outright denied any more often. A lot of the people take that to mean you should call immediately but I never call and I only got denied once after going pending (out of 10? tries, something like that). I always wait because I think it basically gives you another free crack at it - because you usually get auto approved without calling, vs potentially getting denied by recon without the regular approval people seeing it and getting notes on your account.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:55 am

I didn't call for mine.

Originally Posted by bugjuice11
What are my chances of auto approval for a new business with 0 sales?
No idea. As stated above there are a number of factor at play. You'll have to apply to find out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.