Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2013, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
just got approved for 2 business cards today. First was the big one, Amex platinum for biz, 100,000 MR points for $10k spending in 3 months. Ambitious but I know I can do it. Second was Citibusiness AA World Mastercard for 35k miles after spending $1500. I only got a thousand dollar credit line (called for "reconsideration" since I got the "we'll get back to you in a week" message, and rep said he could approve me right away but only for one thousand, did I still want it?). I'm hoping Citi will allow me to shift some of my personal credit line WAYYYYY into 5 figures with them, to my business one so I can knock out my minimum spending faster and not worry about collecting my sign up bonus. anyone successful getting them to shift personal to business? My biz is 2 and a half years old, sole proprietor
Haven't had success moving credit at Citi from personal to biz, but have had success at obtaining a much larger credit line when opening a 2nd biz card 4 months later. Opened a biz AAdvantage Visa in Feb and got $3k limit. Opened a biz AAdvantage MC this June and got a $20k limit. Data points: sole prop, expected revenues ~$10k, length of time about 1 year.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
How can I apply a tax ID to apply a business card?

I want to apply a business card. I know I can use my SSN. What about a tax ID? how can apply for a tax ID? What advantages and disadvantages for applying a tax ID?

Anybody knows? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...solidated.html
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...nal-cards.html
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:49 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
Thanks! After reading a few posts, I think that it is not good to apply for a tax ID ^_^. It is so complicated!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:57 pm

You can apply for a business tax ID under your own name or yourself "doing business as _______" as a sole proprietor, no LLC or incorporation required. The downside is you would have to file a tax return for the business tax ID number, whether or not it made a profit.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 12:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tizzette
You can apply for a business tax ID under your own name or yourself "doing business as _______" as a sole proprietor, no LLC or incorporation required. The downside is you would have to file a tax return for the business tax ID number, whether or not it made a profit.
And some states/counties etc required DBAs to be registered.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 1:33 am

It is really complicated
Old Jul 17, 2013, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happy9zz
It is really complicated
It is not if you need to file all those for your business anyway. It is not worth it just to apply for business credit card without a business purpose. Some states also has a business franchise tax which you need to pay every year with or without business activities.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 12:42 pm

Easiest bank for business credit cards and “sole proprietor”

Probably been asked before but more difficult to search on than I expected.

I don't own a business and have exactly zero business credit cards but plan on trying on my next churn. Are some banks easier to get business cards than others? (and better yet auto approved without a phone call). With all things being equal like great credit, low debt, yada yada... Or is the success rate/auto approve the same if it's business or personal cards?

Just wondering if say Citi is easier to get a business card than Chase or AMEX, etc, etc.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:08 pm

Easiest bank for business credit cards and “sole proprietor”

Do a google search for credit boards dot com
That site can answer any credit question you may have.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
I only have 2 biz cards. Ink and newly acquired spg biz. With ink I called in and talked for 20min and was grilled. With amex I called in gave my app number and she approved it on the spot. Just my experience. Not sure about citi
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:22 pm
In memoriam

Dear OP,

I suggest an attitude adjustment. This biz card thing is not a scam. You are just a businessperson who has yet to make the big bucks but are perfectly legit. What business would you like to be in?

By the way, I have had dozens of business cards for many, many businesses (some of which never made a penny). You don't have to have a successful business to get a biz card, just an idea that you are starting to move on.

As far as banks, IMHO, they are all about the same. Easy.

Just remember, you need decent personal credit to get a biz card because the bank is really holding you responsible for the bills you run up.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Aadvantage Platinum
biggestbopper wondering what is the right answer to give when asked about your business revenue. I assume that they wouldn't be too keen on Zero as an answer? Can one project revenue?
Old Sep 7, 2013, 6:25 am
In memoriam

from the Citi AA Best Offers thread stickie--in this forum:

5. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Anyone can apply for a business card. You do not need a registered business with an EIN. If you do not have a business with an EIN or with bills/accounts in the business name, you can apply using your name as the business. The three possibilities are that: 1. You could be approved unconditionally, 2. You could be asked to fax a couple of bills or accounts (water, electricity, gas, cable, or phone bills, bank accounts, etc.) in the name of the business to Citi, or 3. You could be required to fill out and send a 4506-T tax form. Whatever you do do not make up income etc. about the business. Plenty of people have been issued cards for businesses with $0 annual revenue, 1-5 employees, and 0 years in business."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.