Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays credit card verification and reconsideration?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Barclays Reconsideration phone numbers
866-408-4064 (from posts #28 and #51)

866-408-4065 (from post #2)

866-369-1283 (from post #7)
Print Wikipost

Barclays credit card verification and reconsideration?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Superorb
I'm surprised Barclay's approved card #4 . Usually they're fairly strict.
Recently was auto-approved for 4th Barclay card, so I don't know how strict that card limit is. Tried for a 5th, and had to switch it out on reconsideration for one of the other 4.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
My parents applied for the Aviator card and both were asked to send you copy of DL, SSN, and utility bill.

I can understand sending in copy of DL and utility bill (or even passport), but sending in copies of SSN is a big no-no for the parents. Call recon and they said there is nothing they can do other than sending in the copies physically (not eletronically).

Most ridiculous thing is that my dad actually has Barclays Arrival card already... but they still want those documents sent in.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jazzmailman
My parents applied for the Aviator card and both were asked to send you copy of DL, SSN, and utility bill.

I can understand sending in copy of DL and utility bill (or even passport), but sending in copies of SSN is a big no-no for the parents. Call recon and they said there is nothing they can do other than sending in the copies physically (not eletronically).

Most ridiculous thing is that my dad actually has Barclays Arrival card already... but they still want those documents sent in.
would you mind to share the address that Barclays want you to send the docs in? My wife's app is in the same situation and we somehow lost the response letter. Thanks
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Peter_Ng
would you mind to share the address that Barclays want you to send the docs in?
The letter which my family members received didn't have an address; it simply said call this number (1-866-469-5977, available 24/7) because "we need additional information before we can process your (application) request".

The agent at that number will be able to give you the address to which the documents need to be sent.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
If the app is still pending, is it recommendable to call? Applied for the hawaiian card 2 days ago. Currently only have the aviator card open for several years. Closed the Lufthansa card about 3-4 months ago
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:55 pm

I just received a pending for my dads application for a 45K wyndham card, I called 866-408-4064 and spoke to an agent.

I confirmed a few things, occupation, income, was I calling from the number on the application etc

She came back and approved him but asked some odd questions first. She wanted to know what kind of purchase he made on his Arrival card and asked the same about a Citi card. For the Arrival I was logged in and told her the purchases for the Citi I couldn't answer as I wasn't sure what Citi card she meant, lol

She also asked what type of purchases he was going to make on his new Wyndham cardand oddly enough , how he planned to pay his bill, in full or minimums. I answered in full

He was approved for $7500

I was a bit worried as prior to his last Arrival card ( which is still open) he was caught in that loop where they wanted all sorts of ID mailed in. That being said I learned to never close a relationship at any bank as I did in the past for him

Last edited by flyer4512; Jul 30, 2017 at 4:19 pm
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by express3
If the app is still pending, is it recommendable to call? Applied for the hawaiian card 2 days ago. Currently only have the aviator card open for several years. Closed the Lufthansa card about 3-4 months ago
Barclays recon is generally tough(er) to get past. I would still wait a bit if you are not in a hurry to get the card.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I opened one card in March, 3 in June, and 1 yesterday, is this even worth applying for or will it be an automatic rejection most likely?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Thank you for your recent application. We're in the process of reviewing the information you provided for your Miles & More MasterCard World Elite application.
Please keep in mind it may take up to 10 business days to process your application. There is no need to reapply. If you provided an email address, we will send you an email upon review of your application. Please feel free to check back as this page will display the most recent status updates.

Sigh

Last edited by slickvik; Aug 1, 2017 at 9:57 pm
Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik
Thank you for your recent application. We're in the process of reviewing the information you provided for your Miles & More MasterCard World Elite application.
Please keep in mind it may take up to 10 business days to process your application. There is no need to reapply. If you provided an email address, we will send you an email upon review of your application. Please feel free to check back as this page will display the most recent status updates.

Sigh
I received the same message for my dads card. I called, 10 minutes to approval
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:02 am
formerly PHLGrump

Signed up for the Arrival+ back in May (second time having this card in a couple of years). Got the "we need more time" message. Called the #, answered a couple of questions, and I was approved.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by duranza
Just got denial letter stating history was too short, seems they were referencing to the Jan, and May cards I opened. They did have record of my speaking to an analyst earlier in the month.

I told her he advised me to close a card and I have ( choice p)

Told her I was looking to move some of my credit and not get more credit.

She asked a few questions about my income and voila! I was approved by

moving $2k from my Jet blue.. so I am back up to 4 cards.
Different experience here. Have 5 open cards and just closed Aviator 1 month ago. Applied for new Aviator yesterday. Got immediate online denial. Pretty sure no hard pull then as too quick. Called in about moving credit line and even spoke to a manager. The kicker was they saw that I had just closed the prior one. She gave me the official "24 month" rule after a wasted hard pull.

3 months ago I had no problem opening a Wyndham as a fifth card and moving credit even though I had just closed a Wyndham a very few months before.

One month ago I got the Jet Blue for the first time by moving credit again and closing a card.

I wanted to grab the 60K AA offer before it expires. But although Barclays can be easy, they do have limits.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:02 am

There IS a 24 month rule for the Aviator card. Scroll to the bottom and click terms.

https://home.barclaycardus.com/cards...astercard.html
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:58 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Successful JetBlue BUSINESS Recon

Applied for the JetBlue Business card last month and was instantly denied. Letter cited sufficient existing credit already extended.

Rep said the real reason was that I had applied for the Aviator business card within 6 months (it had been 2 months) and there was little spending history on it. He said that triggers an instant denial without pulling a credit report. He said he would be willing to pull the report right then and evaluate the application but he could make no promises.

Just dropped to 2/24 plus the Aviator Biz he saw and an old Aviator that's been open for years. Figured the odds were good.

He asked most of the same questions in the application. Business is sole prop, 1 employee, $0 revenue, no business name. None of that bothered him. He asked more detailed questions on the source of non-business revenue and what the immediate plans for my day job are.

Put me on hold for a few minutes, reviewed credit report, and was able to approve the card only by moving credit from the Aviator PERSONAL card. Had him move $5k, then had to pass ID verification with another rep, and everything was done! Total call was about 15 minutes.

My big takeaways were to focus on a 6 month gap between cards for a better chance of instant approval, make sure I'm putting some spend on my Barclay cards to keep them seasoned, and to NOT proactively lower credit line like I do with Chase, just in case I need it.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by muji
I don't think so.

I, too, had that US Airways card which got converted into an AA Aviator card and I canceled it, too.
But I got approved for the new Barclays AA card recently.

In my experience, Barclays often denies people for reasons that are unclear.
I had a weird experience with Barclay's after applying for their American Airlines Aviator card recently!
I had a Barclays card for USAir about 5 years ago. All my info is the same (address, phone, etc.)
I have just 2 other cards and a good credit score (800 Fico) and I'm 65 years old, never in bankruptcy, no late payments for 40 years!!!

So I was expecting instant online approval, instead I get a snailmail letter that they needed to verify something.
I called the 866 number andafter 10 minutes on hold 3 times the rep says I need to scan the front and back of my drivers license, also my Social Security card, also a copy of my latest utilty bill!

Then I told the rep that I had Chase and Citi cards and was approved instantly, why is Barclay's so different?

The rep got into huffy mode and said "We are Barclay's, we have higher standards!"

I said fine, keep your card, I'll stick with Chase and Citi, and I can also fly Norwegian to Europe!!!
EmailKid likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.