Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays credit card verification and reconsideration?

Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Barclays Reconsideration phone numbers
866-408-4064 (from posts #28 and #51)

866-408-4065 (from post #2)

866-369-1283 (from post #7)
Print Wikipost

Barclays credit card verification and reconsideration?

Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:23 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Merlin123

I said fine, keep your card, I'll stick with Chase and Citi, and I can also fly Norwegian to Europe!!!
Interesting.

And welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:13 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Applied for the JetBlue Business card last month and was instantly denied.

[...]

Put me on hold for a few minutes, reviewed credit report, and was able to approve the card only by moving credit from the Aviator PERSONAL card. Had him move $5k, then had to pass ID verification with another rep, and everything was done! Total call was about 15 minutes.
That was over five weeks ago and I still haven't received the card! I'd been looking for a convenient time to call them again when, just today, I received a letter that they need to verify some information on the application... What the...?

I'm tempted to just ignore it for another 5 weeks and see if the card shows up.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:00 pm

I'm tempted to just ignore it for another 5 weeks and see if the card shows up.
I waited a week and got impatient. When I called in, apparently the original identity verification rep did not actually verify my identity, so the application was rejected again. This rep seemed to know what she was doing. Asked some detailed ID verification questions referencing the details on my credit report and also sent a text message code.

She promised this time I was really approved. Ultimately, I did not end up needing to actually send in any documentation at all.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:06 am

She promised this time I was really approved.
And about a week later, I had the card in the mail. So the rough timeline ended up being:

Late November - Applied for JetBlue Business Card, denied
Mid-December - Letter says "sufficient credit"
Mid-January - Called recon, approved after moving credit line from personal card and identity verification
Late February - After 5 weeks, new letter requesting a phone call to "verify information"
Early March - Verification call with in-depth identity related questions, approved for real this time, email approval notice a day or two later
Mid-March - Card in hand
Old Jan 20, 2021, 12:23 pm

Does Barclay still hard pull your credit a second time when calling in for recon?
Old Jan 26, 2021, 3:08 pm

Successful JetBlue Business Card App without Recon...?

I'm surprised to report that someone in my family has apparently been approved for the JetBlue Business Card 100k offer without any recon, even given these strange COVID times.

This person was 2/24 with no hard inquiries in 6 months and probably 6-8 within 2 years. Only other active Barclay card was an almost unused Aviator Business Card that is about 18 months old.

Mid-January 2021 - Application submitted with Sole Proprietor, 2 years in business, $0 revenue, high personal income
Response was "more information needed, we will call you".
A few days later, had a missed call from Delaware that looked like it might be a Barclays phone number. No message left.
Few more days, approval email.

We'll see if the card actually arrives or if the saga will continue like my story two years ago.

EDIT: Card arrived today with $1000 credit line. I guess we can make that work. Better than being forced to recon...
kgkg, mster and msp3 like this.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Jan 26, 2021 at 10:50 pm
Old Feb 10, 2021, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by mster
Does Barclay still hard pull your credit a second time when calling in for recon?
as of Aug 2020, yes
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:17 pm

Verification in Barclays Credit Card Application: Just ridiculous!!

I applied for the Barclays Wyndham Business card last week and was surprised to see that my application was not approved when checked the status online. So I called the consideration line and was further surprised that what they want is additional verification info of my ID, social security card and utility bill!! This is just crazy because I already have Barclays Business card (AA aviator business) that I got 3 months ago with no issues and my address have not changed or anything!! On top of that, the customer relationship agent said that they only accept these forms on fax or mail!!!
Old Oct 1, 2021, 9:25 am

The verification took for ever...finally they confirmed they received documents and asked me more questions then got approved. They said 7-10 business days to receive the card. Is there a way to expedite it?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
I just applied for my 1st card and had a lot of problems with their fax process. I'd suggest simply mailing them the documents immediately instead of even trying to fax them. I burned probably 10 hours on hold and 3 weeks of faxing them the same documents over and over again as each time they had some kind of fault in the reception. Finally gave up and just mailed it in.

After the documents were approved they asked me a couple questions and said they'd get back to me.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
B6 Biz denied, 7/24 (3 AU's). Recon said not able to recon on removing AU from consideration as a reason.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:18 am

P2 was denied the Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard. She was 7/24 counting everything: 4 are her own accounts, and 3 are AUs on my cards.

Called recon and explained that some are AUs. Very friendly agent reviewed her credit report, noted the AUs, and she was instantly approved.

Just to date it for future reference:

Application date: July 23, 2022
Recon/approval: August 09, 2022
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:30 pm

Barclays, Additional Info Needed

Barclay declined my Jet Blue app, they want me to sent a copy of my license, SS card and a utility bill..................obviously there is no way I'm mailing that info.

I have 2 open Barclay cards , a Wyndham Business I have had for years and I just opened one less than 2 months ago so when I saw the denial I figured it was too many apps as I'm also over 5/24

Has anyone had any luck verifying who they are via a phone call to Barclays ?

If so do you know what number I should call, thanks

EDIT, I called 866-408-4064 and they were able to verify who I am via a call to my cell and me answering a few questions.........approved for the 80K Jet Blue card

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 27, 2022 at 6:35 pm
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Barclay declined my Jet Blue app, they want me to sent a copy of my license, SS card and a utility bill..................obviously there is no way I'm mailing that info.

I have 2 open Barclay cards , a Wyndham Business I have had for years and I just opened one less than 2 months ago so when I saw the denial I figured it was too many apps as I'm also over 5/24

Has anyone had any luck verifying who they are via a phone call to Barclays ?

If so do you know what number I should call, thanks

EDIT, I called 866-408-4064 and they were able to verify who I am via a call to my cell and me answering a few questions.........approved for the 80K Jet Blue card
Congrats on getting approved. I believe Barclay also does not like too many applications, like Chase, but a bit more flexible than Chase.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Schnit
Congrats on getting approved. I believe Barclay also does not like too many applications, like Chase, but a bit more flexible than Chase.
It was all verifying who I was. Why upon calling I could verify over the phone vs them wanting me to mail a copy my drivers license, SS card and a utility bill is beyond me.

Barclay, Chase, BOA, Citi, AMEX.............it seems nobody likes too many apps these days

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.