Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[Expired]Hilton HHonors AmEx - 60,000 points after $750 spend in 3 months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]Hilton HHonors AmEx - 60,000 points after $750 spend in 3 months

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:41 pm

I have already signed up before, is this card churnable?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:56 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Originally Posted by mike2200
Citi is offering a 50k card....listed in the credit card offers thread..ie you could apply for both and get 90k in points

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-thread.html
Last cycle I had success with Citi x2, the 50k and the 40k offers; used the double-browser trick. Both posted after spend.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I am amazed.

I completed my $750 spend over the weekend, my purchases posted to my AMEX account this afternoon, and my 60,000 points posted to my Hilton account this evening.

My statement does not end for another two weeks, and, in my experience, AMEX is very slow to post bonuses and/or cash back.

I am very happy to see them be prompt this time. ^
Old Apr 12, 2012, 4:12 pm

Need Help on My Card

I applied this Hilton AMEX while the link was still working on Feb 23 ( the link was dead several days after my application). After my spent $750 and got the statement, I still didn't see 60k points posted to my account. I sent an AMEX message and was told the offer expired on Jan 31, I applied on Feb 23, that is why I didn't get the bonus.

Is that really the case? I thought so long as the link works, I can get the bonus.

Or should I wait a little bit longer to see whether I can get the bonus?

Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by djefvert
Does anyone know if you can have both this as well as the Surpass cards at the same time? i want to keep this one long term since there is no annual fee and the surpass temporarily for the Gold status. Has anyone had both at the same time?

thanks
anyone have a print screen of the offer? amex is giving me trouble and i cant find mine. thanks
Old Apr 17, 2012, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by dawgs87
anyone have a print screen of the offer? amex is giving me trouble and i cant find mine. thanks
you need a screenshot of the 60K for $750 offer? I can help you out
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:29 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by onthego15
I am amazed.

I completed my $750 spend over the weekend, my purchases posted to my AMEX account this afternoon, and my 60,000 points posted to my Hilton account this evening.

My statement does not end for another two weeks, and, in my experience, AMEX is very slow to post bonuses and/or cash back.

I am very happy to see them be prompt this time. ^
I've just called them. They told me that I have to wait for another two billing cycles to see my points posted - 6-8 weeks as quoted .....
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:35 am

I'm having the same problem as you, I hit the $750 spending on March 8th and they told me 6-8 weeks. I've had now two statements and still no credit! I'm going to call again today because I won't have another statement before the 8 week mark so it seems like something is wrong but they saw I am supposed to receive it in their notes.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 8:33 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by sunflow9
I'm having the same problem as you, I hit the $750 spending on March 8th and they told me 6-8 weeks. I've had now two statements and still no credit! I'm going to call again today because I won't have another statement before the 8 week mark so it seems like something is wrong but they saw I am supposed to receive it in their notes.
When I got this card my points posted as soon as I hit the $ 750 spend. So it seems your account is not properly tied to this promotion. I suggest waiting for 8 more weeks and if doesn't post directly contact AMEX Twitter team. Having a relevant screenshot will bolster your case.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 9:10 am

Thanks for the advice, all of the reps have confirmed that I'm supposed to receive it. I am wanting to book a trip and the Hilton is currently discounting upgrades at the hotel so I really wish they would hurry up and credit. I asked for the "loan" as I saw they had given that to someone else. Maybe I'll try twitter if that doesn't work. Thanks again!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:04 pm

For anyone having trouble getting bonus points if they didn't post automatically or on first statement go through Twitter, she was able to confirm that no bonus was on my account but since a previous Amex rep in an email had told me I did have the bonus attached to my card she credited them.
I'm guessing this had something to do with my sign up date in February being after the promotion had technically expired but the link was still active.
Thanks everyone for your help!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by dawgs87
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
If I signed up for the offer not too long after expiration and call amex and let them know I have a print screen of the 60k offer they will honor it? Anyone have experience with this?
Old May 4, 2012, 3:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
AMEX 50 K Offer

Here is a 50 K offer after $750 in spend - link. Hope it helps someone.
Old May 5, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, UA Silver; 800K+ points 2012
Originally Posted by MissMiles
If I signed up for the offer not too long after expiration and call amex and let them know I have a print screen of the 60k offer they will honor it? Anyone have experience with this?
Also interested in this. I called them today and they said that the promotion expired Jan 31, and that I signed up after that date. I told them that I have a copy of the signup promotion and they are now taking my case to the next level to see what they can do. It's probably worth mentioning that I also called several weeks ago and got the same "wait 6-8 weeks" line from them that others have gotten.

So fingers crossed, I'll just have to wait and see, especially since I signed my wife up for one too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.