Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

New Barclays Travelocity Amex Offer - 20k points ($400 travelocity.com credit)

Old Oct 4, 11, 11:04 am
Original Poster

I received this offer via email from [email protected]. It may be targeted, but the link appears to be open to anyone and I already have the card.
For a Limited Time
Earn up to 25,000 Bonus Points ($450 Value)
with the Travelocity® Rewards American Express® Card
Offer Expires 11/30/2011

Dear xxxx,

Congratulations! As a loyal and valued Travelocity customer, you've been selected to receive a limited time special offer for the Travelocity® Rewards American Express® Card:

• Up to 25,000 bonus points - a $450 value. 10,000 points after your first purchase, 10,000 points after you spend $500 in the first 60 days after account opening, and up to 5,000 more with a qualifying initial balance transfer
  • Up to 10% back on Travelocity purchases - an industry best value!
  • No blackout dates or restrictions.
  • Points can be redeemed for Flights, Hotels, Vacation Packages, and Car Rentals.
  • Low annual fee of $39.
  • 5 points per $1 on travelocity purchases
  • 2 points per $1 on gas, groceries, and restaurants
  • 1 point per $1 on all other purchases
Travelocity points are worth 2 cents each when redeemed in increments of $400 ($400, $800, $1200, etc.) towards purchases on travelocity.com. That's a 10% return on travelocity purchases and a 4% return on gas, groceries, and restaurants.

There is also a no annual fee version that offers:
Earn up to 15,000 Bonus Points ($150 value): 5,000 points after first purchase, 5,000 after you spend $500 within 60 days of opening account, up to 5,000 with a qualifying initial balance transfer
Earn 3 points on Travelocity purchases, 1 point on all other purchases
That's 6% back on your Travelocity purchases!
I'm not sure if this is a consolation prize for people not qualified for the better card or if you can opt for this one instead. There seems to be only one application link and no way to indicate which offer you prefer. This one may be best to call in (1-800-307-0341) and apply for to confirm the offer first.
Terms & Conditions

1 Travelocity Rewards American Express Card (with annual fee): Cardmembers earn 20,000 bonus points for $4,000 in spend at Travelocity. No annual fee Travelocity Rewards American Express Card: Cardmembers earn 20,000 bonus points for $6,700 in spend at Travelocity

2 Offer subject to credit approval. Benefits will vary depending upon the Card for which you are approved. Not everyone will qualify for the Travelocity Rewards American Express® Card. This offer is available to new Cardmembers only. For information about rates, fees, the Annual Fee, other costs, and the rewards program rules (including accrual rate, bonus awards, etc.) and benefits associated with the use of this credit card please see the Terms and Conditions.

3 Upon approval and completion of your first eligible purchase using your Travelocity Rewards American Express® Card (with annual fee); 10,000 bonus points will be awarded at the close of the first billing statement in which you make your first purchase or balance transfer. Travelocity Rewards American Express® Card (with no annual fee); 5,000 bonus points will be awarded at the close of the first billing statement in which you make your first purchase or balance transfer. Travelocity Rewards American Express® Cardmembers (with annual fee) will receive an additional 10,000 bonus points and No Annual Fee Travelocity Rewards American Express® Cardmembers will receive an additional 5,000 bonus points after at least $500 in Net Purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) has been charged to the new account in the first 60 days after account opening.

Travelocity Rewards American Express® Card (with annual fee): Cardmember(s) earn one (1) Travelocity Point for every one dollar spent on purchases with the Card, that are not later returned, disputed, or rescinded. Cardmember(s) earn two (2) Travelocity Points for every one dollar spent with the Card on purchases in the selected preferred category that are not later returned, disputed, or rescinded. Cardmember(s) earn five (5) Travelocity Points for every one dollar spent with the Card for Travelocity purchases on Flights, Good Buy & Top Secret Hotels, Flight and Hotel Packages, Car Rentals, Last Minute Deals and Activities on Travelocity.com that are not later returned, disputed or rescinded.

No Annual Fee Travelocity Rewards American Express® Card: Cardmember(s) earn one (1) Travelocity Point for every one dollar spent with the Card on purchases that are not later returned, disputed, or rescinded. Cardmember(s) earn three (3) Travelocity Points for every one dollar spent with the Card for Travelocity purchases on Flights, Good Buy & Top Secret Hotels, Flight and Hotel Packages, Car Rentals, Last Minute Deals and Activities on Travelocity.com that are not later returned, disputed or rescinded.

Balance Transfer Bonus: Earn one (1) Travelocity Point per one dollar ($1) in balances transferred to your Travelocity Rewards American Express® Card requested in the first 30 days after your account is opened by Barclays, up to a maximum of 5,000 Travelocity Points. Balance Transfer Check transactions do not qualify for balance transfer bonus points. There is a fee for balance transfers and balance transfer checks. See Terms and Conditions for more details. This credit card program is issued and administered by Barclays Bank Delaware.

American Express is a federally registered service mark of American Express and is used by Barclays Bank Delaware pursuant to a license.

The Travelocity Rewards American Express® Card is issued and administered by Barclays Bank Delaware.
Old Oct 4, 11, 12:56 pm

Barclays = possible TU pull?
Then again I heard barclay pulling other from the two others as well..

Regardless, thanks OP! looks interested. I haven't used Travelocity in a while but would they still honor BRG if using the points. Or is it just a set amount?
Old Oct 4, 11, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

I always get a TU pull from Barclays in WA state.

BRG should work with points. Points work as a credit card statement. You book something for $400 with your Travelocity Amex and then get a $400 credit statement. It's a great system since you earn points for your Travelocity purchase and anything that happens after your booking doesn't affect your points. If you cancel, your points aren't put back. You keep the statement credit and get the refund.
Old Oct 4, 11, 2:45 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
hmm...tempting..never had a barclays card yet...
Old Oct 5, 11, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Barclays hates me.
Old Oct 5, 11, 11:45 am

What's the wait time for Barclay's between cards? I just got the US Air card in August.
Old Oct 5, 11, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by jgstecker View Post
I received this offer via email from [email protected]. It may be targeted, but the link appears to be open to anyone and I already have the card.
For a Limited Time
Earn up to 25,000 Bonus Points ($450 Value)
with the Travelocity® Rewards American Express® Card
Offer Expires 11/30/2011

The link that you sent does not mention about 25k bonus points. Was that targeted.
Old Oct 5, 11, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
good find....

but annual fee of $39.....ill pass...
Old Oct 5, 11, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maulah View Post
The link that you sent does not mention about 25k bonus points. Was that targeted.
It should spell it out in the last section of the Terms & Conditions.
Old Oct 5, 11, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by mrx900 View Post
but annual fee of $39.....ill pass...
You get $450 dollars worth off of travel for $39 bucks....... you make no sense.
Old Oct 5, 11, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by paramount View Post
You get $450 dollars worth off of travel for $39 bucks....... you make no sense.
It's a fascinating psychological study. I bet he would change his tune if the annual fee was waived for the first year but the bonus was reduced to $400.
Old Oct 5, 11, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by paramount View Post
....i'll reconsider..since I can use it for airfare...

Last edited by philemer; Oct 5, 11 at 10:39 pm Reason: removed rude comment
Old Oct 6, 11, 8:28 am

Applied - Got instant approval

I applied to this card using the posted link and got instant approval. A few things

1. The application mentioned two versions of the card (No annual fee and $39 annual fee), but I didn't see any box to choose one or the other. Once approved, I verified with Barclays via secured message that I did get the $39 version with all the promised points.

2. This is really a $400 bonus (minus $39), not $450 bonus. To get the 5000 extra points you have to do a $5000 balance transfer with a 3% fee. Not worth it.

3. It is TU pull for me in California.
Old Oct 6, 11, 8:40 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I already have this card with a no-longer available earning option. This is the simplest and greatest rewards credit card I've ever had.

Basically, redemption works like this:
  • Create a new travelocity.com account and link your new Travelocity Amex card to your profile
  • Log onto Travelocity.com and shop as normally.
  • At checkout, there will be a new box present that says, "Redeem Points".
  • Check the box and you will get a drop-down allowing you to decide how many points to redeem and how much cash you will get back.
  • Your credit card will get charged for the full amount of your trip, then you will receive a separate credit for the amount of the points you redeemed.

The thing I love about this card is that you can pay with cash and points. Lets say I have a flight that comes out to $425. I can choose to redeem 20k points ($400 credit) and then pay the remaining $25 out of pocket. This is way better than some other programs, like USBank, that require you to pay for the ticket entirely with points or entirely with cash.

The only downside some people might run into is that Barclays is stingy with their credit lines. There's another thread on the board devoted to this card and posters there have complained about only getting credit lines of $500 or $1000. This isn't a problem for me, but my credit score is darn near perfect.

All in all, this is the best card I've ever had. No joke.
Old Oct 6, 11, 9:07 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Moderator request

The primary discussion thread for this card is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...then-amex.html

Please use the current thread to discuss the "offer", and the primary thread to discuss the card details.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: