Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
Bank of America Reconsideration phone numbers
1-888-663-6262 (auto line, option 3 for recent apps)

877-665-5020, 877-261-3494 (Business apps to reach a person. Calling between 6 pm and 7 pm Eastern time may have shorter wait times.)

1-800-354-0401 (8-7pm EST M-F) STILL working for personal apps 9/25/17
1-877-721-9405 (auto line, option 3 for recent apps)
from posts #113 and 122: 1-866-224-7803 (no longer active)
from post #92: 1-888-221-6262 (no longer active)

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Reconsideration?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by DWFI
Called 877-721-9405 and hit zero, and got someone who approved my application in 2 minutes.

YMMV.
I called this # because I applied for the Alaska Airlines card, instant approval for $14k. Then to combine the hard pulls, I immediately applied for the BankAmericard cash rewards card that I had received a targeted offer for. The second app said 'unable to make a decision at this time, await a response within 30 days' or something like that.

First CSR said, can't do anything, awaiting response. HUCA, second said the same, I said I didn't want to wait for a response, approve or cancel the application. She said it's approved, otherwise it would've been a straight denial, they're just deciding on how much the credit line should be. Is that a normal practice?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: VS Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I was declined on my recent application for the BoA Virgin 90k Credit Card. Here's the number I got from a recent tweet:

888-221-6262

Confirmed that it routes through to Credit Analysts.

Sadly, they wouldn't approve my application because I didn't have enough time on my revolving credit accounts - I'm a British Ex-Pat in the US on a Non-Immigrant Visa (E2) and I've only had any credit history since September 2013.

However, I went through the application process on the phone (which was an arduous process in itself, language barriers and all), but specifically (I thought!) through the Ex-Pat application process, where they're supposed to take into account my specific circumstance. Anyone know what kind of length of history BoA like to see before they'll approve something like this?
Old Jun 20, 2015, 4:26 am

I can confirm what some folks said on here. Reconsideration is fairly easy as long as you have some sort of successful history with BoA.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:30 pm
Suspended

That last number 888-221-6262 is a good number! I just applied for a BOA card about 20 minutes ago and got the pending review. Called that number and gave them my "application ID" number and was told that they just needed some questions answered by the verification department. They then transferred me over (briefly placed on hold). The lady reviewed my application and I was approved on the spot. Asked me a lot of questions to prove that it was me (other accounts that I have, who is my mortgage with, etc., etc.). Definitely saved me a bunch of waiting. THANKS!!!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:16 pm

I was denied for the Virgin Atlantic 90k & was unable to get the application approved due to too many inquiries. I was told by 3 reps that my 8 inquiries over the past 6 months was too risky.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:21 am

888-221-6262 still works. This is my first time applying for multiple BoA cards simultaneously. My 2nd personal application was not processed due to duplicate. When calling the number, I confirmed the agent who answered the call was a credit analyst. She was super nice and professional. She asked for my DOB and SSN. Two minutes later said she could approve it for $15k.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by ThatGirlEdie
I was denied for the Virgin Atlantic 90k & was unable to get the application approved due to too many inquiries. I was told by 3 reps that my 8 inquiries over the past 6 months was too risky.
What credit bureau was BoA looking at/pull from for you?

I have never applied for a BoA CC before, but am considering doing so this month when they presumably roll out the replacement Amtrak card (for Chase). Are there other data points as to number of inquiries within 6 months and or longer that others are willing to share that result in denial or recent approval?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
That last number 888-221-6262 is a good number! I just applied for a BOA card about 20 minutes ago and got the pending review. Called that number and gave them my "application ID" number and was told that they just needed some questions answered by the verification department. They then transferred me over (briefly placed on hold). The lady reviewed my application and I was approved on the spot. Asked me a lot of questions to prove that it was me (other accounts that I have, who is my mortgage with, etc., etc.). Definitely saved me a bunch of waiting. THANKS!!!
Thanks for the post Billy, it helped me make up my mind whether to call or wait it out. I applied Saturday, got the pending status and it had not changed today online. After rereading your post a few minutes ago I decided to call and got the same type questions and the same positive result as you.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Something is off with their system, at least with regards to me. I've gotten two cards with them. The first one I got a ridiculously low credit line. The more recent one, I was not approved, until I got someone on the phone and was approved for a decent limit. When I asked the agent why I wasn't auto-approved, she basically said that you have no credit cards, so that's why they wouldn't approve. That was puzzling, since I had a card with THEM, for heaven's sake.

Then, I noticed that BoA never hit my credit report. There was never an inquiry, for either card. No idea what is going on...
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:02 pm

After reading the posts I decided to apply (had a bk since 2012) but others seemed successful doing the reconsideration line. I was not so fortunate even with a 700+ credit score and a 6 figure salary and 20k with the bank I was denied. It appears that BOA still does not approve you if you have a current bankruptcy on your report. Just a word to the wise do not apply if you have a bk
Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:59 pm

888-221-6262 works.
Had my Experian file frozen, they were able to pull from TransUnion instead.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:21 pm

Declined for Virgin Atlantic despite excellent credit, called recon and still declined. They want one year relationship with them to approve any new account. I have only 2 Alaska cards with them! Don't know if this applies to more Alaska cards as well.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:48 am

888-221-6262 no longer works. I called customer service and got transferred to new applications department. Still denied on 2nd BOA Alaska CC on same day app but the first one was approved online instantly with 13k limit.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:52 pm

Called 888-221-6262 today and it says it's a non-working number at card services. Called a few other numbers and eventually got a rep who said that they no longer do reconsideration over the phone and that you have to snail mail a letter in (no fax, no email available). HUCA - got same answer. Anyone else hearing this?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:53 am

Keep saying there will be a letter

I just applied for a Alaska card and the website said it is being reviewed. I did it last night and just called them this morning. I was transferred to the new app department and the girl who is very nice, but kept saying the application is being reviewed, and there is going to be a letter to notify me.

I am pretty sure I am being denied. Applied for the AMEX Plat Mercedes card and approved instantly. ONLY BoA has rejected me before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.