Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
Bank of America Reconsideration phone numbers
1-888-663-6262 (auto line, option 3 for recent apps)

877-665-5020, 877-261-3494 (Business apps to reach a person. Calling between 6 pm and 7 pm Eastern time may have shorter wait times.)

1-800-354-0401 (8-7pm EST M-F) STILL working for personal apps 9/25/17
1-877-721-9405 (auto line, option 3 for recent apps)
from posts #113 and 122: 1-866-224-7803 (no longer active)
from post #92: 1-888-221-6262 (no longer active)

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Reconsideration?

Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:24 pm

Got denied, but then I got a letter in the mail that they would reconsider IF I open a 1 year CD with them for $1500, in order to secure the card. Alaska Business, no other BoA cards.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:54 pm

Do you get to recon for BOA apps as long as you call within 30 days, or is it 90 days?
Think i am getting a little confused here - i know apps stay on the system for 90 days.

Applied for VS 90K last week, got denied for "sufficient credit being extended', couldnt get pass recon, so thinking will give it a rest, and call again in a few weeks time
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
Do you get to recon for BOA apps as long as you call within 30 days, or is it 90 days?
Think i am getting a little confused here - i know apps stay on the system for 90 days.

Applied for VS 90K last week, got denied for "sufficient credit being extended', couldnt get pass recon, so thinking will give it a rest, and call again in a few weeks time
Fine if that's what you want to do, of course. But a lot of us figure the basic strategy is to call at least 3 times before we decide we aren't getting anywhere.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Fine if that's what you want to do, of course. But a lot of us figure the basic strategy is to call at least 3 times before we decide we aren't getting anywhere.
Thanks. But I shoud be calling recon within first 30 days of app, and not within first 90 days , right ?

Can't remember this part
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:04 pm

Does anyone have a working recon line for BoA Personal CC's? All the numbers in the wiki are no longer working or biz only.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:01 am

Thanks. But I shoud be calling recon within first 30 days of app, and not within first 90 days , right ?

Can't remember this part
Well, yes, you don't want to call so long after the app that they decide they need to pull your credit report again. And after 30 days they probably would need to do that.

But why wait so long?

I meant more like call the same day. Some people call later in the day to get a different shift of CSRs and Supervisors. Some people just wait a minute or so to be sure the CSR they just talked to is busy with a new call, then call right back. By the way, don't do this with Barclays, as they keep a log of your calls, and doing this will just tick them off. But Citi doesn't seem to do that, and the new CSR won't know you just called a different one a minute ago.

Another tip is if you get a CSR who seems grumpy/surly, just say "I've got a call on the other line, I'll have to call you back", and hang up. Wait a minute or so, and call again to get someone who seems more likely to be helpful. Recon is as much of an art as a science, and some CSRs are much more likely to approve you than others.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:03 am

But Citi doesn't seem to do that, and the new CSR won't know you just called a different one a minute ago.
Opps, forgot which thread I was on. B/A doesn't seem to keep a log either, so feel free to HUCA.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I'm thinking about applying for Merrill but just got 3 other cards in the last 6 weeks, seems risky especially with their rumored new card coming out
Old Jul 29, 2017, 10:59 am

Well, yes, you don't want to call so long after the app that they decide they need to pull your credit report again. And after 30 days they probably would need to do that.

But why wait so long?
Thanks for the tip - Because I had called twice on the same day I put in the apps and keep getting the msg "sufficient credit is extended ....". So maybe let it cool it and see if my luck can change X weeks dwn the road.

Yes, I am quite sure I can recon within 30 days, but the 90 days part is the one I am uncertain abt. But whenevr I log in to their online app status checker, it seems the app stays there for 90 days
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:56 am

Thanks for the tip - Because I had called twice on the same day I put in the apps and keep getting the msg "sufficient credit is extended ....". So maybe let it cool it and see if my luck can change X weeks dwn the road.

Yes, I am quite sure I can recon within 30 days, but the 90 days part is the one I am uncertain abt. But whenevr I log in to their online app status checker, it seems the app stays there for 90 days
Sorry, didn't realize you had called twice already.

What is your total credit line with B/A? If it's fairly high, lowering it might help with the next recon call.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:13 pm

Sorry, didn't realize you had called twice already.

What is your total credit line with B/A? If it's fairly high, lowering it might help with the next recon call.
Yeah, used to be close to $20K but I lowered already. But they wont let me get pass the $5K for a visa signature card. But I have managed to slip past that to $500 in the past.

Think I will HUCA
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:44 pm

what's the latest recon working number?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: SPG, SW Air, AA, all of'em!
3 or 4 new B of A cards/yr limit!

Applied for Amtrak card 9/15/17. Declined for "enough credit extended."

Called recon same day. Recon would not shift credit, so I closed the other two accts (Alaska personl and Biz - 17K and 10k CLs) same day.

Called recon today, and they now state, you have opened too many accts in the last 12 months; will not open Amtrak card.

Too many? That count for me is 3 - 2 personal Alaska cards, and 1 Biz card. They do not seem to care this is a different product!

Any other experience with this?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by fletchbo
Applied for Amtrak card 9/15/17. Declined for "enough credit extended."

Called recon same day. Recon would not shift credit, so I closed the other two accts (Alaska personl and Biz - 17K and 10k CLs) same day.

Called recon today, and they now state, you have opened too many accts in the last 12 months; will not open Amtrak card.

Too many? That count for me is 3 - 2 personal Alaska cards, and 1 Biz card. They do not seem to care this is a different product!

Any other experience with this?
Yep, read somewhere (Frequent Miler?) that B/A now has a Chase like policy on B/A apps of any type. Limit is 3 in 12 months. So wait until more than 12 months on one of those cards and then apply again.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Yep, read somewhere (Frequent Miler?) that B/A now has a Chase like policy on B/A apps of any type. Limit is 3 in 12 months. So wait until more than 12 months on one of those cards and then apply again.
My wife just got BofAs new premium card. Shes previously had 5 biz and 3 personal in the last 24 months (3 biz, 0 personal in the last 12). We are long standing customers with them (but no investment accounts).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.