Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2012, 2:49 pm

Only working link that I could find

Couldn't seem to find a still-working link until trying the one at TPG:

http://thepointsguy.com/2012/04/6500...omment-page-1/

The one from the special credit card offers thread has long been dead, and the one off of Million Mile Secrets died as of this very morning. Makes me question if this deal is slowly dying?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by LarzMN
Couldn't seem to find a still-working link until trying the one at TPG:

http://thepointsguy.com/2012/04/6500...omment-page-1/

Makes me question if this deal is slowly dying?
Makes me wonder if it's rapidly dying.

Last edited by tassojunior; May 1, 2012 at 4:29 pm
Old May 13, 2012, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
TPG's link still looks good: http://thepointsguy.com/2012/04/6500...omment-page-1/
Old May 13, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
I stumbled across something cool with the BofA VS Amex. I had meant to apply for a card for myself and one for my wife on 4/20. Inadvertently, both apps were for myself, submitted a couple of minutes apart. They called, wondering if I really wanted two cards. Nope, I said. I goofed. Then they asked if I would like two cards for myself, both with bonus. "Sure!!" I replied. So ended up with 2 for me, applied later for my wife. Three cards, three bonuses.

And after you are approved you can add authorize users (online) for an additional 2500 miles per card. I added her to both of mine, and added me to hers. Another 7500 miles.
Old May 13, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RetiredRoadWarrior
I stumbled across something cool with the BofA VS Amex. I had meant to apply for a card for myself and one for my wife on 4/20. Inadvertently, both apps were for myself, submitted a couple of minutes apart. They called, wondering if I really wanted two cards. Nope, I said. I goofed. Then they asked if I would like two cards for myself, both with bonus. "Sure!!" I replied. So ended up with 2 for me, applied later for my wife. Three cards, three bonuses.

And after you are approved you can add authorize users (online) for an additional 2500 miles per card. I added her to both of mine, and added me to hers. Another 7500 miles.
You should've tried to get them lower your spend requirement for your second card. Maybe it's not too late?
Old May 14, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by RetiredRoadWarrior

Just to be clear- It's 5k extra miles per card for adding two authorized users. (Limit is 2).

Last edited by tassojunior; May 14, 2012 at 11:14 am
Old Jul 6, 2012, 9:41 am

dead?

Is this dead now? I can't find any live 40-50K link. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 9:46 am

BOA is a bad company. I highly discourage anyone from doing business with them.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by mfr2000
BOA is a bad company. I highly discourage anyone from doing business with them.
getting their cards repeatedly for sign up bonuses and then filing them in the drawer or closing them is more akin to abusing them than doing business with them
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC, A*A, SW RR
^
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
getting their cards repeatedly for sign up bonuses and then filing them in the drawer or closing them is more akin to abusing them than doing business with them
^
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by learningtime
Is this dead now? I can't find any live 40-50K link. Thanks in advance.
Yep. Looks like it. You're welcome.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior
Just to be clear- It's 5k extra miles per card for adding two authorized users. (Limit is 2).
I don't know if I waited too long, but I added two authorized users and never got any bonus. I repeatedly emailed them about it, and they continue to say that the promo I signed up under didn't have any bonus points for adding authorized users. I asked them to do the math on how the 65K points are accounted for, and they just give generic responses like you get x miles for every $ spent on VS. Anyone else having similar problems? If you don't add the authorized users during your application, are you out of luck?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:48 am

anyone know if this is the lst time the 65k miles has been offered or will there be a chance of seeing this back soon?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This is a recurring offer. I believe it first appeared in 2009 in response to Chase's original 100,000 mile BA offer. Other banks have been modifying their offers to require a larger spend to earn the same bonus. Bank of America might do the same, but their portfolio of airline cards is thin and (in particular) Virgin Atlantic is a harder sell because they do not belong to an alliance. I expect they will continue to run a "similar" offer if it meets the product manager's objectives.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by haslipe
I don't know if I waited too long, but I added two authorized users and never got any bonus. I repeatedly emailed them about it, and they continue to say that the promo I signed up under didn't have any bonus points for adding authorized users. I asked them to do the math on how the 65K points are accounted for, and they just give generic responses like you get x miles for every $ spent on VS. Anyone else having similar problems? If you don't add the authorized users during your application, are you out of luck?
I applied and got BoA VS card back in April and so far have been pleasantly surprised by customer service and their systems.

First 20K points posted right away. But other 25K after spending $2500 wouldn't post. I started worrying, but dug up all the screenshots and called BoA. Very helpful agent spent 20 minutes if not more trying to figure out the problem. At first she didn't see extra miles, but after some digging she did find all the details of promotion (claimed that those were hidden deep(er) in their system). At the end it was my fault because I counted $90 annual fee in $2500 spending. After spending additional $90 following month miles as soon as the statement was cut.

Re: 2 AUs, you need to make 1 purchase on each card to get 5000 bonus points.

There was VS toolbar promo to get extra 1000+250x2 points for the first purchase with B&N/Apple. Those points posted within 3 weeks as well. In fact they gave me extra 250 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.