Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
can you transfer VS points to Hilton? (or other hotel chains?)
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by sunrider101
can you transfer VS points to Hilton? (or other hotel chains?)
2 HH points:1 VS mile for Hilton, not sure about other hotel programs.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:32 pm

This was a good promo and if you spent $3335 on the card, then you would get right over 55,000 miles (including 2 Athorized Users), so that was a transfer of 110,000 Hilton points. I would encourage people to get over 55k, as you can only transfer in blocks of 5,000 miles. If you have to spend $2,500, may as well get it up o $3,335, remeber you get 1.5 miles for each $1 spent.

Also, you don't need to spend on your Authorized User cards, these cards are exactly the same #, so their system has no idea which card you use. This is just like Chase system, essentially same card. Personally, I don't even bother with AU cards, I get them, put them in a draw and eventually shred them.

Final note, this card is churnable, so at current promo with $1 spend at 20,000 miles + 5,000 miles for 2 AUs, that is still 25,000 miles = 50,000 Hilton points, for a $90 fee, that is pretty great deal to include in your churn schedule, IMHO. You do this three times, pick up 150,000 Hilton points, you got yourself 4 nights at Category 7 hotel for $270 -- not too shabby.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Jul 9, 2012, 2:28 pm

This link is dead now.
It was ok a few days ago (I clicked but postponed the application until today). Well.
Originally Posted by LarzMN
Couldn't seem to find a still-working link until trying the one at TPG:

http://thepointsguy.com/2012/04/6500...omment-page-1/

The one from the special credit card offers thread has long been dead, and the one off of Million Mile Secrets died as of this very morning. Makes me question if this deal is slowly dying?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by milaohu
This link is dead now.
It was ok a few days ago (I clicked but postponed the application until today). Well.
The link expired on 6/30
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Unfortunate. I was going to do this for the Hilton points. Hopefully another offer comes up soon. I may head for the Hawaiian cards next.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: aa, spg
Anyone know if you can add someone as an authorized user that already has the card?

My wife and I both just got these.

Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by BigRedBears

Re: 2 AUs, you need to make 1 purchase on each card to get 5000 bonus points.
Authorized user cards have the exact same card number as the primary, so I am not sure how BofA are even able to differentiate which card is used
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:44 pm
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
I received an email from Flying Club this morning with the 65,000 offer. The details are the same as the version that just died.

Here's the link:

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...Q-_-0712#apply
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TheNoobTraveler
I received an email from Flying Club this morning with the 65,000 offer. The details are the same as the version that just died.

Here's the link:

Very nice. I'm going to pull the trigger on this one soon.

Cheers.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by TheNoobTraveler

Here's the link:

Thanks Noob. Been waiting for this to return.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:15 pm

Do they give instant approval or do you need to call in and they will ask a few questions first?
Thanks.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:17 pm

"Earn up to 5,000 Flying Club bonus miles when you add additional authorized users to your Card"

T & C doesn't mention any bonus points for adding additional authorized users.

What does "up to 5000 bonus miles" equate to? How many additional users do I need to earn the complete 5000 bonus miles?

Do I need to add addtional users at the time of the application or after I receive the card?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Authorized user cards have the exact same card number as the primary, so I am not sure how BofA are even able to differentiate which card is used
Actually they do.

While this is not specific to this card, but as a general matter, the banks know which card is used. You are unable to view it on your statement, (not always but in most cases) but the internal records know which card is used.

The mag tape stores the AU's name and other identifier. I found this out when AU card was compromised and the bank called. They specifically asked if the AU was traveling (the charges were made in Mexico). They knew it was the AU card being used (a cloned one from info stolen, probably at the doctor's office as that was the only place, only time the AU card was used in 3 months' period.), and all transactions were POS transactions. So right out of bat they knew it was a cloned card once they verified the AU did not leave home and the card was in our possession.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:40 pm

thanks noob!^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.