Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Old Jun 27, 2011, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by vickh
any other BOA offer besides AS and VS?

Might try the 2 card app. trick
If you want hotel points, might try the HA 35k offer and transfer to Hilton
Old Jun 27, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by vickh
any other BOA offer besides AS and VS?

Might try the 2 card app. trick
Only the Hawaiian Air 35K (from BofA & Bank of Hawaii- can get both). HA is very hard to use if you're not on west coast though. Delta is main partner.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by saacman5033
If you want hotel points, might try the HA 35k offer and transfer to Hilton
Can someone confirm that HA miles earned thru cc can be transfered to hh? they have some rule about third party miles not being transferable.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Can someone confirm that HA miles earned thru cc can be transfered to hh? they have some rule about third party miles not being transferable.
The restriction is for points transferred from other loyalty programs to HA. Certainly does not restrict HA miles earned through flights or partner activities. Terms can be found on HA website.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Only the Hawaiian Air 35K (from BofA & Bank of Hawaii- can get both). HA is very hard to use if you're not on west coast though. Delta is main partner.
Do you (or does anyone else) know if you have to apply for the BofA and BofH cards on the same day if you want both?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by milesmuncher
Do you (or does anyone else) know if you have to apply for the BofA and BofH cards on the same day if you want both?
No but two inquiries from the same cc company on the same day are rolled into one by credit bureaus. Even tho they're different banks, both cards are issued by FIA so it's no different than applying for 2 cc's from BOA. I telephoned and got both Virgin and Alaska approved yesterday by credit analysts.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tassojunior
No but two inquiries from the same cc company on the same day are rolled into one by credit bureaus. Even tho they're different banks, both cards are issued by FIA so it's no different than applying for 2 cc's from BOA. I telephoned and got both Virgin and Alaska approved yesterday by credit analysts.
How about 3? (e.g. both HA cards and an AS card)

That's probably pushing it
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by milesmuncher
How about 3? (e.g. both HA cards and an AS card)

That's probably pushing it
I was going to try but frugaltravelguy talked me out of it.

Remember there's a 5K minimum for Visa Signature so if you get approved for 10K on first you will get rejected on 2nd and have to phone reconsideration who will transfer the cl to new card.

I got 15K credit line but chickened out after 2nd card. Now 5K VA & 10K AK
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:19 pm

The link in post #1 is still active, but I thought I'd post this in case it disappears.

I got a targetted offer in the mail today, mostly the same as this offer. A few differences tho. 0% interest for the first 7 months then 14.24% (linked offer in post 1 is for 13.24% right away, no 0% offer). Also has a balance transfer fee of 3% instead of 4%. Promo code is VAAZY4 (if you look at the link from post #1, the promo code is at the end). The app generated by putting this promo code in doesn't show the 5k points for added cardmembers, or 1 tier point per 2,500 spend (max 2 per month) but they do show in my paper offer. My paper offer expires sept 28th.

Mods, I did a search for "VAAZY4" and found no links, but if this isn't new info, please feel free to delete this post.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP, UA*S, SPG G, IHG P
Virgin Atlantic BOA - 65K $90 fee.

Back again!

Virgin Atlantic BOA - 65K $90 fee. Offer good through 2/28/12
If you'd rather apply by phone, just call 1-800-932-2775.
(Please mention priority code VABB8F.)

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...ntry?sc=VABB8F

20,000 Flying Club bonus miles after your first retail purchase§
25,000 additional Flying Club bonus miles after you spend at least $2,500 in qualifying purchases§
Earn up to 15,000 additional bonus miles upon anniversary§
Earn up to 5,000 Flying Club bonus miles when you add additional authorized users to your Card§
Earn 3 miles per $1 spent directly on Virgin Atlantic purchases and 1.5 miles per $1 spent on all other purchases§
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
There is another code that works. Please see the thread in VS forum if you are interested.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...l#post17807169

Originally Posted by drjameschen
Back again!

Virgin Atlantic BOA - 65K $90 fee. Offer good through 2/28/12
If you'd rather apply by phone, just call 1-800-932-2775.
(Please mention priority code VABB8F.)

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...ntry?sc=VABB8F

20,000 Flying Club bonus miles after your first retail purchase§
25,000 additional Flying Club bonus miles after you spend at least $2,500 in qualifying purchases§
Earn up to 15,000 additional bonus miles upon anniversary§
Earn up to 5,000 Flying Club bonus miles when you add additional authorized users to your Card§
Earn 3 miles per $1 spent directly on Virgin Atlantic purchases and 1.5 miles per $1 spent on all other purchases§
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by drjameschen
Back again!
Thanks! This made my day and came just before I was going to apply for the US card as a consolation prize.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:04 pm

Made my day too. Comes today just before I do a churn in which I was lamenting not having a BOA offer I was excited about. Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
if only it were 45k miles with first purchase..then i would jump at it
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I bit. Given that this is 1.5 miles/$ spent, Meeting the first bonus threshold will get me enough points to upgrade two economy tickets from USA-LHR. The Mrs. and I are exited about getting the opportunity to try VS upper class. And they actually serve our home airport, which is a change from flying CX

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.