Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by sktnyc
The annual fee is due on this card in two weeks, I called in to cancel the credit card this evening. The CS rep was happy to close the account (nothing offered to keep the card). He was reading off some kind of disclosure/agreement before closing the card, and I heard him say something like, 'I agree to forfeit all the points/miles...'

Is that correct? Can anyone please confirm. If it's true, is there anything I can do? Is it too late to transfer the miles to Hilton Honors?
The miles currently in your VS account should be fine. I believe they are referencing any miles earned yet have not posted to your account may be in jeopardy.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: AOPA
you can convert your VS card to any fee Free BoA cards. It takes couple weeks, no hard pull, add to the history of the account.

I convert my first VS to a BoA 3-2-1 cash card, I'll convert my 2nd VS to BoA travel 1.5 mile/$ card next month.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:09 am
Community Director Emerita

As long as the miles have hit your Virgin account, you will not lose them. You would only lose points that had yet to post, let's say if you canceled your card mid statement.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by gv111
Here u go - link.
I'm getting an error now with this link (in both Chrome & IE):

We apologize for any inconvenience.

The application you are requesting is currently unavailable.
Thank you for your interest.

United States 1-800-551-0839
Canada 1-877-862-7759
Ireland 1-800-409-510
United Kingdom Credit Cards 0-800-028-2440
United Kingdom Business Cards 0-800-092-2955
Please call as your business is important to us and we will be happy to process your request immediately.
I hope it is just down temporarily!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay
I'm getting an error now with this link (in both Chrome & IE):

I hope it is just down temporarily!
I noticed the other day that, while the link still worked, I could not find the card on their site. It was odd because they listed all of the other co-branded travel cards (Alaska, Asiana, Spirit, Norwegian).
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:15 am

I just spoke with an agent at Bank of America. She recognized the card but cold not find it in her system, and couldn't take an application.

The black VS is a favorite card of mine. Sad to see it go. I wonder if/when they will force a product change on existing holders...
Old Aug 12, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
While the card is gone from BofA's site, I can still reach application links for the black & white cards by going through the VS website. However, for both the black & white cards the applications describe the cards as Mastercards, but they have pictures of AmExes. Has anyone else noticed that? Could they be converting the AmExes to Mastercards, and that's why they're gone from BofA's site?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
While the card is gone from BofA's site, I can still reach application links for the black & white cards by going through the VS website. However, for both the black & white cards the applications describe the cards as Mastercards, but they have pictures of AmExes. Has anyone else noticed that? Could they be converting the AmExes to Mastercards, and that's why they're gone from BofA's site?
It now shows a picture of a MC.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by PainCorp
It now shows a picture of a MC.
Interesting. Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread closed because the card is apparently changing from Amex-network to MasterCard World Elite:

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us...card/index.jsp

Midway down there is a link to this page, which still shows the Amex-network versions:

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us...lanticcard.jsp

...but no application links.

Discussion continues here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-elite-mc.html

Last edited by mia; Aug 14, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.