Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS [Bank of America] Amex with 65000* mile bonus

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
Anyone got the big spender bonus yet?

I was wondering when the 7.5K or 15K bonus pts for annual spend (15 or 25KUSD) showed up - does it wait until next years annual fee time, or post the following billing cycle mid year if you hit it in time?
my memory is a little hazy as i only got this when i first got card couple of years back when this bonus first came out, but iirc it came in the billing cycle after the spend was made
Old Oct 8, 2012, 8:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
... the 7.5K or 15K bonus pts for annual spend (15 or 25KUSD) showed up - does it wait until next years annual fee time,
This bonus posts a month after the card anniversary statement.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:58 am

I signed up for the 65k offer with a mailed offer BofA sent me, I just called to confirm my bonus on the account and the rep said the system told her I only have to spend $750 in 90 days to get the 25k bonus miles on top of the 20k after first purchase.

Anyone seen this before?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mia
This bonus posts a month after the card anniversary statement.
Thanks - worth keeping around then.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:23 pm

My VS statement closes this Friday and I have completed my $2500 spending for the extra 20k. I just hope there won't be a problem as I had a credit fraud today. B of A sent me an email asking me to verify a purchase of $2800 at an Electronic store in New York.....It was fraud and my account number has been closed. i will receive a new card number. Hope B of A won't mess up with my points.

Just want to warn folks about credit card fraud....with so many cards we have opened, it is a good idea to check online for balances.....This is the 2nd fraud I have had in the last 3 days. I had fraud on my Chase Card with someone taking cash advance purchase in Africa!!!! I wish I was there right now but in the U.S. working so I can pay for my travel.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Just want to warn folks about credit card fraud....with so many cards we have opened, it is a good idea to check online for balances.....This is the 2nd fraud I have had in the last 3 days. I had fraud on my Chase Card with someone taking cash advance purchase in Africa!!!! I wish I was there right now but in the U.S. working so I can pay for my travel.
That's a great reminder. I got my first ever fraud alert last month on a Chase card that has been in my possession (and haven't been used in months). They closed my account and issued me a new one, and all was well. But, it got me worried for a bit there, and I've been checking and also cancelling some cards that I just haven't used or doesn't provide as much value.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
Well, it's been well over a year on this promo. What does the card downgrade into to avoid annual fees. Anything exciting?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by centrifuge41
...downgrade ...
Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...nnual-fee.html
Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:19 pm
Suspended

is this card churnable and how long?

my wife applied for this in June 2012, but converted to a different boa card in July 2012. wanted to try again if it works.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by metoo
My VS statement closes this Friday and I have completed my $2500 spending for the extra 20k. I just hope there won't be a problem as I had a credit fraud today. B of A sent me an email asking me to verify a purchase of $2800 at an Electronic store in New York.....It was fraud and my account number has been closed. i will receive a new card number. Hope B of A won't mess up with my points.

secure your PC< anti virus, firewall, anti spyware, dont respond to emails you dont know
Old Oct 21, 2012, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BQatWSU
I was wondering if anyone had info on BoA refunding the AF w/in the first 30 or 60 days if the card is canceled? I ask because I will be meeting the spend on this and the two Hawaiian Airline cards w/in a few weeks, and if I transferred the points out, paid my balance, then closed the card, would I get some or all of the AF back? Also, if anyone has done this, does this affect future churns 3-6 months later?

Thanks
i just canceled mind and got AF refunded. wondering if it is churnable? what you should do is, pay off any balance other than AF, than call to cancel , AF will be waived but the way it works is AF will be refunded first, than closed, if not call to close or keep , your choice.

for my wife's, I converted her to BOA travel rewards visa card. (AF adjusted) was told impossible by many managers but the last one did it. Not because the card is any good but I wanted to have increased credit line for her to help her score.

Expand Icon Legend
Expand transaction for PAY BY PHONE PAYMENT 10/19/2012 PAY BY PHONE PAYMENT Type Payment
-$176.43 -$1.45
Expand transaction for ANNUAL FEE ADJUSTMENT 10/19/2012 ANNUAL FEE ADJUSTMENT Type Fees
-$90.00 $174.9

Last edited by emptiness; Oct 22, 2012 at 10:11 am
Old Oct 21, 2012, 8:35 pm

this card is fully churnable. you can have two at a time. i would close the oldest before going for third
Old Oct 21, 2012, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
this card is fully churnable. you can have two at a time. i would close the oldest before going for third
my wife applied for it in June, converted to a different one in July. is it too early to apply for it again? any risks of getting the card approved but not the bonus again?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by emptiness
my wife applied for it in June, converted to a different one in July. is it too early to apply for it again? any risks of getting the card approved but not the bonus again?
not that i am aware of, but no guarantees etc
Old Oct 22, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by emptiness
Why? Has there been another offer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.