Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Card Address Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Credit Card Address Question

I have two residences.

Signed up for a FF account with an airline and used it once using address A.
The Airline then had a promotion for "New" members who signed up that was better than what I had so I signed up using address B.

Now, I want to get a Credit Card that is branded for this airline but want to use address A for the CC for account B. I am assuming that this isn't a problem, but do you think they will "catch" me and take back my points because of the credit card?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:22 pm

Most cc companies I dealt with will not only fail to catch discrepancy in address, but will fail to catch discrepancy in name either - meaning you can assign other person's FF account to you cc without problems. I certainly don't encourage doing that unless rewards significantly outweigh risks.
As always your mileage may vary. If you let us know exactly what bank you consider I might give you a more targeted advice.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:42 pm

Actually, this probably has more to do with the airline policy. For CC signup bonuses, it would probably be found quickly via social security number.

Has it been awhile since you opened the FF accounts and which airline - it would probably be an airline specific thing. It might even be as simple as changing frequent flier account 1 (on address A) to address B and changing account 2 from address B to address A.

Does this airline's credit card ask you to enter the FF# in the application or do they do some "magic" and find it themselves?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.