Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
I am so lucky that I applied 40,000 points 2 days ago. There is a business version which is 25,000 points. Do you think that it is worth to get a hard pull on business version? I really dont like to get a hard pull for a low offer.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 3:39 pm

Wife approved instantly - closed hers back in Nov

I got - Thank you for applying. We'll need more time to review the information you provided for your US Airways Premier World MasterCard application.

Closed mine on 3 days ago - am I hosed?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 3:44 pm

After some URL sleuthing I uncovered 3 links which all appear to offer the same 35k bonus after first purchase with annual fee waived:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=1695&cellNumber=19 (T&Cs at bottom)

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=31 (click link at top of app for T&Cs)

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=36 (T&Cs at bottom)

All three links go directly to the application, but you can see the bonus information in the T&Cs. IMO this is pretty much the best offer now that the 40k bonus on first purchase is dead. Get 'em before they die a blog-inflicted death.

Last edited by philemer; Jan 31, 2014 at 4:35 pm Reason: did a strike through on expired links
Old Feb 14, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by nic3456
Wife approved instantly - closed hers back in Nov

I got - Thank you for applying. We'll need more time to review the information you provided for your US Airways Premier World MasterCard application.

Closed mine on 3 days ago - am I hosed?
So you closed a card 3 days ago, and applied again? Please report again after calling recon. Thank you.

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
After some URL sleuthing I uncovered 3 links which all appear to offer the same 35k bonus after first purchase with annual fee waived:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=1695&cellNumber=19 (T&Cs at bottom)

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=31 (click link at top of app for T&Cs)

All three links go directly to the application, but you can see the bonus information in the T&Cs. IMO this is pretty much the best offer now that the 40k bonus on first purchase is dead.
You, sir, deserve an award. These links have 35k bonus + AF waived 1st year + 10k anniversary bonus.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Any link to the business version of the card?

Also, to churn this card do you guys first cancel the one you already have?

thanks!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)

All three links go directly to the application, but you can see the bonus information in the T&Cs. IMO this is pretty much the best offer now that the 40k bonus on first purchase is dead. Get 'em before they die a blog-inflicted death.
Thanks, applied the first link (35k first purchased, 10k annual bonus, 1st year fee waived) and instantly approved for 5k CL.
Too bad missed 40k no fee card, currently have another US card opened since last Apr.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by cchuang1980
Thanks, applied the first link (35k first purchased, 10k annual bonus, 1st year fee waived) and instantly approved for 5k CL.
Too bad missed 40k no fee card, currently have another US card opened since last Apr.
Ditto. I'll take the 5k hit with no fee and smile...

Seems like I'm coming across a time sensitive situation on a monthly basis now. Oh well, I guess as long as single apps are spaced 30+ days apart I keep getting approved.

Cheers
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Wife just applied using the first link. Approved with 2K CL.
Don't care as long as she gets the 35K miles after first spend.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 5:14 pm

Get 'em before they die a blog-inflicted death.
I'll be surprised if a single blogger promotes these links when they can offer up their affiliate links instead and falsely claim they are better.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS Club, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
Applied with the first link. Approved instantly with 3k CL
Great link!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT
i was just approved for the 40k with annual fee offer. and hope to churn it in 91 days. For those who think it's better to cancel one before applying for another, when it comes to a 3-month churn, what seems to work best. Should I cancel it in 90 days and reapply the following day?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: aa
just applied and got 7.5k cl thanks alot op
Old Feb 14, 2013, 5:42 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by CrazyFoool
wait...why would you apply for the 15k offer?
I didn't. For some reason Barclays has decided that I'm not qualified for World Premier card and gave me Platinum card instead.

Does anybody know how to escape from this card without too much loss? Obviously, 15K don't worth $49 fee. If I cancel this card in 60 days will it look bad ?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by samdori
I'll be surprised if a single blogger promotes these links when they can offer up their affiliate links instead and falsely claim they are better.
Plenty of bloggers have publicized non-affiliate links when they were better than the affiliate links. Maybe not with the same intensity as the ones that bring in the money, but I'm sure these links will get around.

Thanks for finding them, kdoughboy! I've been meaning to make my wife apply for this card for a while, and now I don't feel quite as bad that I waited too long.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jk2
I didn't. For some reason Barclays has decided that I'm not qualified for World Premier card and gave me Platinum card instead.

Does anybody know how to escape from this card without too much loss? Obviously, 15K don't worth $49 fee. If I cancel this card in 60 days will it look bad ?
Considering soon Barclays will only have the VX card, who cares? Just call them up and say if I can't get the World/World Premiere card, please cancel it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.