Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Old Feb 26, 2012, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by jmschn
How long does it take to reflect the 40K bonus points after 1st purchase?
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
They will (usually) be issued with your first statement.
You can usually see them within a day or two online. I just made a retention feint on my other US card (old no-fee World MC) a few weeks back & was offered 2000 miles for using the card once more. I did, and the credit appeared promptly in my Barclays account; should post to US once my next statement closes.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
You can usually see them within a day or two online. I just made a retention feint on my other US card (old no-fee World MC) a few weeks back & was offered 2000 miles for using the card once more. I did, and the credit appeared promptly in my Barclays account; should post to US once my next statement closes.
hmm..I purchased a $1 Amazon gift card (through Amazon.com) and it posted on February 18. On February 22, I transferred $1 from my checking account. When I log in on Barclay website, My Rewards shows: 1

I double checked under Rewards Program Overview and it says 40K points with first purchase.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:34 pm

Do you get 10K miles bonus at this card's anniversary?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA CO
Does anyone know if Barclays pulls only TransUnion for business version of this card application?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Originally Posted by JCary
Do you get 10K miles bonus at this card's anniversary?
Yes, you get 10K miles every anniversary starting with one year after you open the card.

Cardmembers will receive ten thousand (10,000) Anniversary Miles at the close of the first billing statement after the first anniversary of account opening and each subsequent account opening anniversary
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Data point

I applied for the Chase UA Explorer card yesterday (decision delayed) and a few seconds later this Barclay's US card (approved with CL of $12,500). I did have this same/similar Barclay/Juniper US card back in 2008 & canceled in 2009.

I'm really hoping this MC has CDW auto rental coverage for Ireland.

Last edited by philemer; Mar 2, 2012 at 8:35 pm
Old Mar 2, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by philemer
I'm really hoping this MC has CDW auto rental coverage for Ireland.
It excludes Ireland, Israel & Jamaica. Possible exclusion for Australia, Italy & New Zealand.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KathinJax
It excludes Ireland, Israel & Jamaica. Possible exclusion for Australia, Italy & New Zealand.
Is that the language on a card you've received in the last 6 months or so? Barclay issues 2 US MC. Which one are you referring to? Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Is that the language on a card you've received in the last 6 months or so? Barclay issues 2 US MC. Which one are you referring to? Thanks.
I pulled up the wording on the MasterRental Insurance Guide under the benefits section of the card. I have the platinum card, so it might be slightly different for the other card.

Here is the link: https://www.usairwaysmastercard.com/..._MC.pdf#page=2
Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:35 am

Does anyone know if this card is still citizens only? Posts on this matter on this thread date back to mid 2011 and perhaps something has changed.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by mabramovich
Does anyone know if this card is still citizens only? Posts on this matter on this thread date back to mid 2011 and perhaps something has changed.
the most recent post i read on this upthread was that us citizen requirement was no longer there.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by jmschn
hmm..I purchased a $1 Amazon gift card (through Amazon.com) and it posted on February 18. On February 22, I transferred $1 from my checking account. When I log in on Barclay website, My Rewards shows: 1

I double checked under Rewards Program Overview and it says 40K points with first purchase.
the points should appear when your statement close. that's what it did for me. they won't show until the closing, then you should get your 40k + whatever you put on the card.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by mabramovich
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
the most recent post i read on this upthread was that us citizen requirement was no longer there.
FWIW, the app conspicuously asks for citizenship, and permits selection of nationality other than US. Perhaps that's significant, perhaps not.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rejected

My wife applied for this card 2 days ago. She has a Barclay's US card from 2008. She rarely uses it. She called today to check status & the first question, after verifying personal info & salary, was "why do you want a 2nd card"? She replied to keep travel & non travel expenses separate. She said she'd gladly allow them to lower CL from 12,500 to whatever worked for them. After being on hold about 2 minutes he came back and said "rejected because of existing card and such little use of that card". Asked if she could be approved if she cancelled the existing card. "No" was the answer. So she asked to be transferred to someone who could cancel her card. She will try again next in 6 to 9 months. Oh well.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
My wife applied for this card 2 days ago. She has a Barclay's US card from 2008. She rarely uses it. She called today to check status & the first question, after verifying personal info & salary, was "why do you want a 2nd card"? She replied to keep travel & non travel expenses separate. She said she'd gladly allow them to lower CL from 12,500 to whatever worked for them. After being on hold about 2 minutes he came back and said "rejected because of existing card and such little use of that card". Asked if she could be approved if she cancelled the existing card. "No" was the answer. So she asked to be transferred to someone who could cancel her card. She will try again next in 6 to 9 months. Oh well.
okay..im shocked...cuz I just did almost exact thing: I got the first card last year--less than a year ago---and now, applied for the second card--got rejected...called up...told them 'i wanted to separate travel expenses'..but i havent used to card since i got it and charged like a dollar gum to it.....but unlike you...I was approved for the second card. Reading your post though, I think i will actually do some mediocre spending on it...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.