Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Old Dec 24, 2011, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by thtsapaddlin
Regarding whether this card is indeed churnable:

I jumped on the recent offer: 40k + up to 10k for BT. The card I received in the mail was simply "US Airways Dividend Miles Mastercard." No mention of "Platinum" or "World Premier" or anything like that. I've never had a US card before. Are other folks getting this same card, or is Barclays still issuing "Platinum" and "World Premier" cards as well?

Of the folks who have received a second US Air card under the recent offer, did you receive a "different" card than you did the first time around? In other words, were you only able to churn the card because you had a "World Premier" or "Platinum" card the first time around, but were issued a different "product" this second time around?

I know there are rare instances of people holding a "Platinum" and "World Premier" simultaneously after calling to question the 10k vs. 35k bonus, but I'm curious how often (if ever) people have been issued the exact same card twice.
My US Airways card is a Platinum MC. Anything that doesn't pull Experian for me here in MA and doesn't have an awful signup bonus is almost an automatic for me (Chase, Citi, AMEX all pull EX for me).
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:32 pm

thtsapaddlin thanks for the response
you talked me into going for the US Air Card. Got instant approval for a 5k line.. Yep Chase pulled Transperian for my chase freedom card.. I ended up calling a CSR after getting a denial letter, so perhaps that got me a Transperian hit as opposed to an Equifax.. I'll take it !
Guess we'll see waht 2012 brings

Last edited by RobertNC; Dec 24, 2011 at 10:52 pm
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
My US Airways card is a Platinum MC. Anything that doesn't pull Experian for me here in MA and doesn't have an awful signup bonus is almost an automatic for me (Chase, Citi, AMEX all pull EX for me).
I was mistaken. While my paperwork doesn't indicate it's a platinum card, the plastic very clearly has "Platinum" printed on it.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by thtsapaddlin
Regarding whether this card is indeed churnable:

I jumped on the recent offer: 40k + up to 10k for BT. The card I received in the mail was simply "US Airways Dividend Miles Mastercard." No mention of "Platinum" or "World Premier" or anything like that. I've never had a US card before. Are other folks getting this same card, or is Barclays still issuing "Platinum" and "World Premier" cards as well?

Of the folks who have received a second US Air card under the recent offer, did you receive a "different" card than you did the first time around? In other words, were you only able to churn the card because you had a "World Premier" or "Platinum" card the first time around, but were issued a different "product" this second time around?

I know there are rare instances of people holding a "Platinum" and "World Premier" simultaneously after calling to question the 10k vs. 35k bonus, but I'm curious how often (if ever) people have been issued the exact same card twice.
I got the exact same card (World Premier) twice within 6 months while leaving the first open. Just explained I needed to keep spending separated. Got bonuses both times.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Jumped in on this one. I like having US air as a star alliance option for redemptions and for 89 bucks for 10k miles is a very good deal.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: Silver, US Air
Bal. Transfer offer: good for credit lines?

I see the application for the Barclay's credit card offers a place to list other credit card numbers with amounts for balance transfers.
Is the balance transfer/bonus miles offer also good for payment on credit lines? I have a HELOC I'd like to pay down by $10k.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:53 am

I was approved for two personal and one biz US Airways card and received all three sets of promo points.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by thehonestaviator
I was approved for two personal and one biz US Airways card and received all three sets of promo points.
how far between did you apply for the two personal cards? You applied through websites?
Old Dec 26, 2011, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by RobertNC
how far between did you apply for the two personal cards? You applied through websites?
Wait 90 days between personal card apps or they won't even pull your credit report. I waited 96 days. I just got my spouse approved for her second one today by calling the credit analyst right after the application 866-369-1283 .
Will try to get her the business card next week. You don't need to wait to apply for the business card.
I applied for all cards through the link in this thread.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by thehonestaviator
You don't need to wait to apply for the business card.
Can you elaborate further on this? Are you saying that bars-of-clay will not pull a credit report if you apply for a business card? I just got the personal card maybe about a month or two ago. I was going to wait 7 months to apply for the business card. Are you saying that I will not get a hard hit on my credit report if I apply for the business card now?

??
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Can you elaborate further on this? Are you saying that bars-of-clay will not pull a credit report if you apply for a business card? I just got the personal card maybe about a month or two ago. I was going to wait 7 months to apply for the business card. Are you saying that I will not get a hard hit on my credit report if I apply for the business card now?

??
They'll definitely do another hard pull.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:00 am

fingers crossed

heard a few people weren't getting what the offer suggested. I took two screenshots while applying today. instantly approved, 6300 limit...God bless TransUnion
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by BlackGoldSTL
heard a few people weren't getting what the offer suggested. I took two screenshots while applying today. instantly approved, 6300 limit...God bless TransUnion
I haven't heard that from anyone?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 3:07 pm

I've had the US Airways card for just under a year, applied for a second, got a hard pull, was denied, called to be reconsidered, and was told they couldn't give me the exact same card I already have. Oh well.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
I haven't heard that from anyone?
I thought the poster above you didn't get the world premier or platinum, but that's before he posted that the physical card did say platinum.

Guess what, though? Same thing has happened to me...I sent them a secure message asking about my bonus and what level of card they gave me. Fingers crossed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.