Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
I applied but was only approved for the platinum card which yields just 10.000 miles. any thoughts on how to convince barclays to give me the 35.000 miles promised for the world master card? thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
I applied but was only approved for the platinum card which yields just 10.000 miles. any thoughts on how to convince barclays to give me the 35.000 miles promised for the world master card? thanks.
Obviously, Barclays did not think you qualified for the World Mastercard. No credit card issuer after approving you for the lower card will give you the higher card benefits. The only the way to get the 35,000 miles is to get the World card.

1. Based upon your credit report, credit score, and recent credit applications, what is your normal experience with credit applications? If you do not have your credit report and credit score, get them and analyze them.

2. Call Barclays and ask them the question. You have nothing to loose (you have already burned a hard credit pull).

Last edited by whynotgo; Feb 12, 2011 at 6:56 pm
Old Feb 12, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN, Marriott, Hilton
I still have the US Airways Visa. It was never converted to a MasterCard. I've read the Barclays horror stories but I'm undecided if I want to apply for this card and churn it for the miles but I saw this in the terms and conditions:
This offer may not be available to you if you already have or have had a US Airways Visa or MasterCard credit card.
Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old Feb 12, 2011, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by GamecockFan
I still have the US Airways Visa. It was never converted to a MasterCard. I've read the Barclays horror stories but I'm undecided if I want to apply for this card and churn it for the miles but I saw this in the terms and conditions:

Does anyone have any experience with this?
"US Airways Visa"???- Check the back of the card. Is the issuer Barclays or is it what I think it is Bank of America? Previously, Bank of America issued Usairways VISA cards and Juniper/Barclays issued Usairways Mastercard. About two years ago, most be but not all Bank of America issued Usairways VISA cards were converted to Juniper/Barclays issued Usairways Mastercards. Bank of America retained some of their former USairways credit card holders. This happened to me.

Regarding obtaining multiple Juniper/Barclays issued Usairways Personal Mastercards, in my experience in the last two years Barclays would not allow me to have more than one. But I can have a personal and a business Barclays Usairways card

Let us know.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
Not sure what the minimum is for World MC, I know for Visa Signature it's $5K . If your credit limit was approved close to the minimum they may very well raise your limit to qualify for the World MC if you phone and talk with them. They raised mine 14 days later so I could take full advantage of the BT for $10K. They don't have to pull another credit report within 30 days and a World card would have the same cc #.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by whynotgo
"US Airways Visa"???- Check the back of the card. Is the issuer Barclays or is it what I think it is Bank of America? Previously, Bank of America issued Usairways VISA cards and Juniper/Barclays issued Usairways Mastercard. About two years ago, most be but not all Bank of America issued Usairways VISA cards were converted to Juniper/Barclays issued Usairways Mastercards. Bank of America retained some of their former USairways credit card holders. This happened to me.

Regarding obtaining multiple Juniper/Barclays issued Usairways Personal Mastercards, in my experience in the last two years Barclays would not allow me to have more than one. But I can have a personal and a business Barclays Usairways card

Let us know.
It's the BoA Visa Signature.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:33 pm

Datapoint - approvals for both me and my wife. 30 second on-line decision. Too bad this wasn't going on during Grand Slam, but a great offer for those of us that have dried up at Citi, trying to take it slow at Chase (one app every 4-6 months there) and gun-shy of the AMEX Plat price tag. Thanks OP!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:03 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by mikensf74
First, thanks OP. Just applied and received instant approval. Then allows you to immidiately create user name and online access.
My experience exactly. Have the approval. Have the online access. Now all I need is the card!
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:35 am

And here I thought this card came with Benzedrine
Old Feb 13, 2011, 9:24 am

My wife and I also got approved instantly. Thanks OP!
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:11 am

approved for platinum and only 10,000 miles

I was also approved for only the platinum card and just 10,000 miles as it states in the fine print. That's quite a bit less than the 35,000 as advertised. I was a bit surprised, I had no problem getting the Citi AAdvantage and Chase United visa signature cards recently. I tried calling customer service and they gave me the run around about there being nothing I can do because it is all determined from my credit scores and history etc. Does anyone have any better ideas of how I can go about getting it upgraded? A number for a lending department maybe?
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: All of 'em
Careful for the bait and switch

Originally Posted by samdori
I was also approved for only the platinum card and just 10,000 miles as it states in the fine print. That's quite a bit less than the 35,000 as advertised. I was a bit surprised, I had no problem getting the Citi AAdvantage and Chase United visa signature cards recently. I tried calling customer service and they gave me the run around about there being nothing I can do because it is all determined from my credit scores and history etc. Does anyone have any better ideas of how I can go about getting it upgraded? A number for a lending department maybe?
I want to reiterate what he said above. Twice now, I've signed up with the intent of the Premier Rewards card, and have only been approved for Platinum. I tend to not have issues getting any other cards.
They know that if they offer them separately, then they're going to have few takers for the Platinum.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Nekamah7
I want to reiterate what he said above. Twice now, I've signed up with the intent of the Premier Rewards card, and have only been approved for Platinum. I tend to not have issues getting any other cards.
They know that if they offer them separately, then they're going to have few takers for the Platinum.
And that's another reason I haven't applied for this card yet
Old Feb 13, 2011, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by GamecockFan
It's the BoA Visa Signature.
Ok, if you never had a Juniper/Barclays Usairways card, you should be able to apply and be approved for both the personal and business cards.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by whynotgo
Ok, if you never had a Juniper/Barclays Usairways card, you should be able to apply and be approved for both the personal and business cards.
Ah but the bigger question is... will I get the card I apply for or will I get the platinum?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.