Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I got a letter today from Barclay stating that my US air card is coming up for renewal...It says my annual fee of $89 will posts 2/28/2014 unless I cancel the card by 2/28 at 5pm ET to avoid paying the AF.
I received basically the same letter today, except there was no mention of a specific date and time for canceling. The letter states "We are writing to let you know your account with us soon will be renewed" (followed by a list of features of the card).
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by muji
I received basically the same letter today, except there was no mention of a specific date and time for canceling. The letter states "We are writing to let you know your account with us soon will be renewed" (followed by a list of features of the card).
The date was on the back of my letter
Old Feb 1, 2014, 5:31 pm

Good to know, so basically I have until March 28 to cancel and get a refund on the AF.

I'll see what happens, worst case scenario is I paid $89 for 10K miles.

Since your AF post today have you already received the 10,000 points ?
Yes I got the 10k around Jan 7th which was my statement date.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 12:52 pm

My AF will be posted at the end of Feb so I should get 10K miles early March. I am seeking suggestions whether I should pay for the AF and keep this card for one more year. I seem to recall reading somewhere this card is not going away for a while and also the AA and US Air FF programs will not merge until 2015, but when in 2015? TIA!
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by lw7878
My AF will be posted at the end of Feb so I should get 10K miles early March. I am seeking suggestions whether I should pay for the AF and keep this card for one more year. I seem to recall reading somewhere this card is not going away for a while and also the AA and US Air FF programs will not merge until 2015, but when in 2015? TIA!
Are you going to be flying with miles 2 times in 1 year?
That's 10k miles in savings for the card, so it would probably be worth it.

Are you going to take advantage of the companion 99dollar ticket offer?
Then it is probably worth keeping the card and paying the fee.

Do you plan on attempting to reapply for the same card in the future for a another sign up bonus? Then cancel the card and don't pay the fee.

Another option is to just downgrade the card to no annual fee card.
This makes it easy to keep refreshing the expiration date on any miles you have.

If you used up all your miles and don't really have any to use in the future and no use for companion pass and 1 time club card access then kind of pointless of worthless to pay the AF fee.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by lw7878
You can book flights on Usair right now ( and get the 5K discount or use the companion certs) up to 11 months in advance.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by oyouno
Are you going to be flying with miles 2 times in 1 year?
That's 10k miles in savings for the card, so it would probably be worth it.

Are you going to take advantage of the companion 99dollar ticket offer?
Then it is probably worth keeping the card and paying the fee.

Do you plan on attempting to reapply for the same card in the future for a another sign up bonus? Then cancel the card and don't pay the fee.

Another option is to just downgrade the card to no annual fee card.
This makes it easy to keep refreshing the expiration date on any miles you have.

If you used up all your miles and don't really have any to use in the future and no use for companion pass and 1 time club card access then kind of pointless of worthless to pay the AF fee.
Thanks for the advice! I mainly use miles to travel internationally. Last Oct, I used all my US Air miles to travel in biz class. Sweet! The only reason I'm considering to keep this card is because those US miles will become AA miles one day. And, I'd love to see them join the AA bucket I currently have. To me, paying $89 to keep the card for another year gives me the opportunity to earn another 10K next year. However, you reminded me that keeping this card (which I have two of them right now) will probably hurt the chance of getting another card (my 4th one) in the future. So, I think I will wait for the 10K to be posted early March and then cancel it.

You can book flights on Usair right now ( and get the 5K discount or use the companion certs) up to 11 months in advance.
Good ideas. Thanks. Too bad that my other commitments won't allow me to travel as much as I'd like.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:18 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

The last live application in the wiki looks like it has converted to a Premium member, no annual fee, 10K on renewal offer.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:01 pm

Anyone tried the companion pass for a flight to Cabo? Think it'd work or does it REALLY only work for flights within the US?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
applied and declined! =(

too many new accts in all of 2013! and most of those accounts were early 2013...last app was sept 2013.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by express3
applied and declined! =(

too many new accts in all of 2013! and most of those accounts were early 2013...last app was sept 2013.
How many apps in the past 12 months?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by Superorb
How many apps in the past 12 months?

I had 10 apps, all approved and mainly it was Citi AA & Hilton. The rep was saying I had 15?!? Recently I was added as a additional holder and she was counting that as well. I thought those didn't count as a new account.
I will definitely be getting the free credit report. Because according to my records, I had 10 apps within the last 12 months and most of them were between April and July.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
also how long after you open your US air card that we are able to sign up again for another card and still get the bonus?

could someone add that to the WIKI also.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by tdrag97
also how long after you open your US air card that we are able to sign up again for another card and still get the bonus?

could someone add that to the WIKI also.
Usually around 6 months. but, if you're not instantly approved calling will likely not yield results as they will claim you can't get a 2nd US Air card if you already have one.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: AA, BA, UAL, DL
Originally Posted by Superorb
Usually around 6 months. but, if you're not instantly approved calling will likely not yield results as they will claim you can't get a 2nd US Air card if you already have one.
is it that you currently have one, or that you've ever had one? Wondering if this means it makes more sense to cancel at 6 months before applying again if you don't think you'll be instantly approved?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.