Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tomcanada22
Now hearing rumors from bloggers that changes could come as early as Jan and may no longer offer the US Air card.
I asked this a few days ago. Responses concur the card is here to stay thru most of 2014.

Thinking of applying for the card again now in Dec. but it's only been 4 mths since my last rejected app. Is it too soon to apply again? Data, other than the rejected app. I don't have any other inquiries since June and July when I went for the Citi AA platinum cards.
4 months with no recent inqueries is very good. I was able to get approved for the Frontier card after 4 months of a previous Barclay rejection, and I had a few inqueries in between.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Data point. Got approved for another Barclay card today with $7.5K CL, higher than my previous cards with them, so I tried my luck and applied for my 2nd US card. Alas, no auto approval, so no "two Barclay cards in one day" for me once again.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:46 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by midnightinharlem
Wow, decided to apply for this card on a whim and got auto-approved.

I opened my first US Air card (and first with Barclays) in March 2013....
What link did you use when you applied the 2nd time? I tried earlier this year but they denied it because I already had one.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 5:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, US Silver, Starwood Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
What link did you use when you applied the 2nd time? I tried earlier this year but they denied it because I already had one.
I used the 35K link in the wiki. No annual fee for the first year.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Any ideas on whether I should attempt to meet the $25k spend for 10k additional miles? Trying to get my 2014 MS calendar going; however, these seems iffy if it becomes an Arrival card at some unknown time during 2014.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:42 am

Just applied for my 2nd open card and was approved instantly!

1st card opened Aug 2013, currently using to qualify for 15k bonus for $750 spending in Dec, Jan, Feb

Second card approved Dec 2013.

I didn't think I would get approved, but decided to go for it anyway. Thanks all!
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by healthnut
Any ideas on whether I should attempt to meet the $25k spend for 10k additional miles? Trying to get my 2014 MS calendar going; however, these seems iffy if it becomes an Arrival card at some unknown time during 2014.
Nobody will know for sure.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Read the FAQ's about the merger on the USMC website. They updated them last Monday with the official announcement of the merger.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by ziglet19
Just applied for my 2nd open card and was approved instantly!

1st card opened Aug 2013, currently using to qualify for 15k bonus for $750 spending in Dec, Jan, Feb

Second card approved Dec 2013.

I didn't think I would get approved, but decided to go for it anyway. Thanks all!
I thought people had to wait 6 months between 1st and 2nd US Airways card apps. My 1st card opened in July 2013, and I was planning to wait until January 2014 to apply for 2nd card.

Does anyone think the application/offer will still be around on January 26th 2014, or should I pull the trigger now?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Gold, US Silver, Starwood Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by alben
Applied a few days ago using the 35K bonus points annual fee waived first year link. Was instantly approved with 10K CL. Have 12 other CCs. This was my first from Barclay. I explicitly chose "No" to have expedited shipping. Card came 2 days later and a charge of $29.99 showed up on the account balance. Sent secure message to complain, even offered to send screenshot of application. Received message that charge will be dropped. Take screen shots! Someone else in this thread said the same thing happened regarding card sent expedited without requesting expedited shipping.
In case anyone searches this thread, the above happened to me as well. Before I received the card, I was hit with a $29.99 charge. I sent a SM saying that I did not order expedited shipping (I'm 95% sure I didn't, and certainly didn't intend it) and was told the charge would be removed when the statement posted.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skitch23
Read the FAQ's about the merger on the USMC website. They updated them last Monday with the official announcement of the merger.
Thank you! Finally the link works for me.. It has been just been redirecting me to the Barclays homepage for a while.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any ideas on whether I should attempt to meet the $25k spend for 10k additional miles?
Even if there were no calendar issues, this one seems of dubious value. You can get 10k additional miles with $10k spend (no, not a 10k bonus, but normal spend). On $25k you'll get 25k miles normal spend, and then only 10k extra miles bonus. That's a pretty small increment (35k instead of 25k).

This seems like a feature only worth it to those who "naturally" get fairly near $25k spend, and are thinking about "topping it off" to reach that. It doesn't seem worth it starting from scratch.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Even if there were no calendar issues, this one seems of dubious value. You can get 10k additional miles with $10k spend (no, not a 10k bonus, but normal spend). On $25k you'll get 25k miles normal spend, and then only 10k extra miles bonus. That's a pretty small increment (35k instead of 25k).

This seems like a feature only worth it to those who "naturally" get fairly near $25k spend, and are thinking about "topping it off" to reach that. It doesn't seem worth it starting from scratch.
It's weirdly the only card I have that even offers an additional bonus to yearly spend (except Hyatt), so I was thinking of using this throughout the year with TopCashBack. At $2k/month plus all my other avenues of MS, I would get my money back and a little extra from doing this as long as it stays at least at 2.35% back.

You're right--not an amazing bonus, but if it doesn't cost much extra, why not?!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Thinking of applying for this card along with the BofA AS 50k and Citi AA Business 50k. Any thoughts on waiting to apply for Barclays US Airways 35k in hopes that the offer will go up?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by bribro
Thinking of applying for this card along with the BofA AS 50k and Citi AA Business 50k. Any thoughts on waiting to apply for Barclays US Airways 35k in hopes that the offer will go up?
US card offer may expire soon. So if u want to apply NOW is the time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.